main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~* Absolutely Necessary *~ - K/J--new post 8/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    I am so nuts for starting another story, but I can't help myself, I tell you! I just can't! :_|

Anyway, here's the prologue... [face_batting]

Title: ~* Absolutely Necessary *~
    Author: val solo
    Time Frame: Approximately 5-6 years post NJO
    Main Characters: Jaina Solo/ Kyp Durron

**Oops! Better add that I don't own much of anything really, so suing me would be pointless. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. :cool:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Prologue *....

It simply had to be done.

It was all his fault anyway. He was only getting what he deserved. Stubborn, thickheaded man! The blasted fool had left me no other choice. Well, then?so be it.

I glanced again at my chrono and mentally ran through the steps to my fail-safe plan for the hundredth time. By now the message would have reached him, and, knowing his unquenchable curiosity, he would definitely show. In fact, he wouldn?t be able to resist coming. I felt my lips curve into a deliriously devilish grin. Was it wrong to be enjoying this? While it was maybe just a little wrong?and somewhat illegal?there was nothing else that I could do.

I took a deep breath of the chill nighttime air. It was just brisk enough to tingle as it filled my lungs and would do well to keep me alert. It was absolutely necessary things go exactly according to my plan. There could be no slip-ups, no hesitations when the time came to make my move. If this was going to work, I had to be at my best.

The moon was only half full, just as I had planned. Well, okay, I couldn?t really control the phases of the moon, but it did happen to fit perfectly with the rest of my ideas for this nefarious scheme. It gave me just enough light to see by, but not so much that my purpose would be revealed prematurely. Also, the predicted rain had held off, granting me the opportunity to complete my task unhindered.

If I didn?t know better, I?d swear the Force was working with me on this.

And maybe it was.

I glanced back up at the sprawling manor house before me. The gardens were the perfect vantage point for watching the comings and goings, and right now I was very interested in a certain someone coming--- and going with me.

Another look over my shoulder assured me that my cohorts were ready and just as anxious to get this show on the road as I was. ?Just a few more minutes, guys,? I whispered, my confidence surprising even me. They, however, didn?t even notice the blatant arrogance I was displaying, but that was to be expected. No bother. I was proud of myself for taking this bold step. The man should have learned by now that I was not a woman to be trifled with, and if he hadn?t learned it yet, well, then, he was about to have his first lesson.

Another smile tugged at my lips. He was coming. I could feel it?feel the overwhelming brightness in the Force that was his personal, and very powerful, signature. It never failed to astound me each time I experienced it; however, I recalled with amusement how it really never frightened me as it did so many others. No, instead, it sent fingers of sweet anticipation up and down my spine because I knew how unpredictable he was and how I could never quite guess exactly what he would do or say.

And that?s what I liked?what I was hoping for. He was a worthy prey for this predator.

?Game on,? I muttered to myself, patting the small blaster slung on my hip. I was ready.

I flattened my back against the stone wall in the garden and waited, my breathing pounding in rhythm with each step he took as he drew near. I had my shields up so that he wouldn?t sense me until it was too late. Couldn?t have him escaping, not after all of this hard work. I licked my lips in anticipation and felt a bead of sweat trickle down my back.

Then I saw him. He stepped into the small clearing and paused to cautiously survey his surroundings. His dark cape swirled as he turned making him look dangerous?and he was dang

2. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    wow...powerful beginning...I'm slightly confused about some things, but I'm guessing it's supposed to be that way since this is only the prolouge :D

can't wait for more val! keep up the awesome work :p

EJ

3. MegDurron

MegDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    please tell me that there is some twist to this???? Jaina wouldnt really try to kill Kyp, would she? especially if this is a k/j story.

there will be more right? you've got me definitely intrigued! :)

4. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    o___________O

Jaina!
    What- you- DON'T SHOOT KYP!!!

ok, yes, you have me hooked, most definitely.

I will sit here, in the brilliance of the addiction this story has already caused in me in just one post, and wait for more. (If any of that makes sense, of course)

(.....and maybe write more of my own story)

5. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    YAY! New Kyp/Jaina!

Okay, my guess: STUN...she stunned him, right? I mean, Jaina wouldn't kill Kyppie...that wouldn't make for much of a Kyp/Jaina story, after all...more like a...a...a.../Jaina story. Without Kyp. :(

Anyway, that was an absolutely unbelievably hooking first post. I simply cannot wait for the second :D

~Abby~

6. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Okay.. I'm hooked. This looks promising. I'm curious to see what her plan is. Can't wait for more!!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

7. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    EJ--I'm slightly confused about some things

Good! Then my plan worked! It will all make sense eventually...I hope!!!

MegDurron--Jaina wouldnt really try to kill Kyp, would she?

Well, you know...a girl can only take so much and then...SNAP!!...

...there will be more right?--- Of course! Every fic I start to write ends up rivaling 'War and Peace'! [face_laugh] What do I have?...like a year before that Post NJO trilogy comes out and Denning kills off Kyp???? I've got some time to play. ;)

djcati--ok, yes, you have me hooked, most definitely.

Great!!! That was what I was aiming for. :) And I will gladly be one of your suppliers for this addiction you have. :)

Abby--Okay, my guess: STUN...she stunned him, right? I mean, Jaina wouldn't kill Kyppie...

See my reply above to MegDurron's similar question. LOL! But maybe she has a good reason to ki---I mean, shoot Kyp. [face_devil]

And Babi Tahiri, I can't ask for more than that!

P.S.--- If you know me, you know I really love Kyp. That's my only hint as to what happens next. [face_batting]

8. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Is she using that gun thingy that Han used on Leia in COPL? :p

Dana

P.S. Don't forget to submit your 'fics to the K/J Index! Link's in my profile!

9. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I'm definitely hooked on this.

~~Jilly

10. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    *wanders in from 'you get me'*

Whoooo hooooooo! Here we go again!
    As I said to Darth Ishtar earlier, I loooove this sort of Jaina.

I see her in this mode as something to aspire to.

This could be the reason I don't have a boyfriend . . . [face_devil]

*pulls out folding chair*

11. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    but...but...but... that was Kyp!

:confused:

Great start, but I would really like to know what will happen!

12. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Welcome to the story, guys! :) I'm working on the next post as we speak, so I plan to get it up a bit later.

This is definitely a different Jaina than I've ever done before. She's survived the war and is a full-fledged woman now, which has many implications and complications. LOL! In fact, she's kind of already taking over the writing of this story! :eek:

13. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    I decided to put up the first part of chapter one right now! :)

~*Absolutely Necessary*~ ---Chapter One
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two months earlier?

I was torn.

Part of me was anxious to see Kyp again after all of these years. It had been nearly five since I?d last seen him face to face. During the war against the Yuuzhan Vong, he?d played such an important part in my life. More than just a friend or a mentor, and not exactly like a brother or uncle. No, the relationship we had could not have been labeled as any one thing. It was too encompassing to place such limits on what we shared.

However, there were boundaries between us?lines neither one of us would dare cross, and with good reason. I was so young, still in the process of becoming a woman and figuring out what I wanted out of life. He was older, already a man, but in many ways still finding out what kind of man he was and what he wanted to be. And so that?s how it had gone. Every so often, one of us might accidentally step a toe over that line and press for something more, but we?d instantly retreat back to the safety of our respective corners and keep it from becoming something neither one of us was quite ready for. At the time, I had someone to keep me company in my corner?Jagged Fel. But Kyp?well, he had no one.

And so I was torn?eager to see him, yet ashamed it had taken so long for me to make the effort.

My pace down the long corridor slowed and I felt a knot form in my throat. Kyp had deserved more than that?especially after our last meeting. It wasn?t long after the end of the Vong War. All the major battles were over, Jacen was already off on his quest to find new Force users, Danni and Tahiri sailing somewhere across the galaxy on Zonama Sekot, and Mom and Dad trying to settle into their retirement.

I had promised to meet Kyp for a long overdue dinner between friends to catch up. We were both shipping out the next morning?him to negotiate some new treaties with a few other members of the Jedi Council, and I was flying with Rogue Squadron to deal with a nasty little pocket of Vong resistance fighters. I still remember his aggravated expression when I arrived late only to tell him I had to leave early. Jag had shown up unexpectedly at my door the hour before and I, of course, couldn?t wait to get back to him. He was, after all, the love of my life?or so I had thought.

Kyp?s jaw clenched and he looked away from me for a second. ?Go on, Jaina. In fact, go now,? he had said. ?Mustn?t keep Fel waiting.? He smiled teasingly when he said it, but I could sense the hint of anger lurking behind the words. For some reason, it irked me like only he can do.

I stood up from the table and flared my nostrils. ?Fine. If you?re going to be that way, I will. He?ll obviously be much better company than you tonight.?

?Obviously,? he said coolly, taking a casual sip from his glass and flicking that eyebrow up smugly in his ?I-don?t-care? expression.

I hated when he got like this. His relationship with Jag had always been strained?Kyp grudgingly ceding to Jag?s position as my significant other, although he thought him unworthy, and Jag?s continued suspicion that the Jedi master secretly harbored more than innocent intentions toward me. Whenever either of them brought up the issues, I quickly shut them up, not willing or ready to face any of the implications.

I stared at him, my hands clenching and unclenching into fists at my sides, willing my tongue to come up with some witty retort, but nothing came to mind. Only Kyp Durron could rile me to the point of speechlessness.

?Good night, Kyp,? I said finally, realizing I wouldn?t win this time. ?I?ll see you when I get back.? Then I turned and left him sitting all alone.

That was the last time I?d seen him. I wasn?t proud of my actions now that I thought back on the memory. Unfortunately, it had taken nearly five years to realize what an idiot I was for treating a friend so carelessly?which is why I had to face h

14. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    ooh, I hate her already.

Li'andra, obviously, not Jaina. XP

Very good, very... addictive! If I wasn't hooked already, I would be now.

Wow, K/J is better than any drugs. XD

15. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    ew....

ew...

ew..

ew.

EW

yeah, okay, I would shoot him too :p well not really I guess, a good kick in the groin would be sufficient [face_laugh]

great update! more!

EJ

16. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Ooooooo. I like. :D

More please?

~~Jilly

17. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Yippee! I'm glad to see so many die-hard K/Jer's here. :D

This first part may seem slow since it's setting up all of the background, but there will eventually be some action...of many varieties, if you get my drift, ladies.o_O And I hope the jumping around from past to present and back again isn't too much of a pain to read. I decided to try something new for myself.

Anyway, thanks for reading. :) Back to typing I go!

18. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Okay, here's the rest of this chapter. This is so fun! :D I'm writing as I listen to a little Norah Jones...she's awesome! It helps put me in the mood. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Well,? I said turning to look at him, ?that was interesting.?

Kyp chuckled and shrugged. ?Yeah, Li?andra?s one of a kind.?

I didn?t want to think about what he meant by that, and luckily didn?t have time to because he quickly ushered me into his office, a warm hand on the small of my back urging me forward. ?Hold all my calls, Mikel,? he instructed his aide. Then he shut the door behind us and led me to a sofa. ?Have a seat,? he said. I did and he sat down right next to me, our knees nearly touching but not quite. A few seconds of gazing around the office assured me that he hadn?t changed too much. It was decorated simply, nothing fancy or elaborate, but all of the furnishings and colors were very bold and masculine?just like Kyp.

?I still can?t believe you?re here,? he declared again staring at me with a huge grin.

?Me neither, but?here I am,? I said lamely. ?Your office is lovely.?

?Ah, lovely?just the look I was going for,? he teased.

?Stop it! You know what I meant,? I scolded playfully. ?It?s very?you.?

He sighed and took a look around. ?I spend a lot of time here, so I decided to do it up right. This sofa even turns into a bed for those nights when I don?t make it home,? he added with a pat on the cushion between us.

My eyebrows perked up. Did any of those nights include a certain busty blonde? I bit back a growl at the mere thought and quickly stood back up. His expression was one of confusion.

?Um, so how have you been?? I asked, starting a tour around his office, nonchalantly searching for clues to his relationship with this Li?andra person. I don?t know what I expected to find, but it eased my anxiety if I was up moving around.

Kyp watched me from his perch on the couch, and I glanced back at him every few seconds just to make sure he was still there and not just a vision that would soon disappear. I?d been imagining how this day would play out for weeks now, ever since Uncle Luke sent for me. When I realized I would have the chance to see Kyp again and make amends for being such a crummy friend, I started rehearsing how our meeting would go. Which, in retrospect, was a huge waste of time since Miss Lady Li?andra had already ruined things by not playing by the rules. Sithspit, she wasn?t even in the script!

?I can?t complain,? he said casually, ever the enigma. ?I am surprised to see you. Luke didn?t tell me you were coming.?

?I asked him not to,? I replied. I stopped by his large window that overlooked the huge cityscape of Denon and smiled at him. ?I wanted it to be a surprise.?

He smiled back and then walked over to join me. ?It?s a surprise all right?but a good one,? he added quickly. A few seconds of awkward silence passed between us, unusual because we had always felt comfortable being together without speaking in the past. I looked out the window again but could feel his eyes studying me intently.

?Jaina, you?you look great,? he said quietly, and my heart soared. I had taken a bit of extra time on myself before coming. Apparently it had paid off. And I knew that I was fairly easy on the eyes?not a ravishing beauty, but lucky enough to be passable as attractive. I kept my body in shape and knew that it had filled out as I came into womanhood. Those extra ?peacetime pounds?, as I called them, had all settled into the right places, rounding me out quite nicely. I wasn?t a little girl anymore?that was for sure.

?You do too,? I said feeling brave. ?And I love the hair,? I added, reaching up to touch the edge that hung just above his collar.

He blushed again. ?Yeah, well, I figured it was time to make myself a bit more respectable looking now that I?m on the council. It was difficult to part with those extra inches, though. They?d been with me for a long time.?

We both laughed and then came the s

19. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I love this story. :D And I hate Li'andra.

More!

Dana

20. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    ... :D

Awesome, another post...
    good...

Yep, definitely not a kid anymore, Jay.

I'm sorry, it's almost 4am and I can't think of anything productive to say.

Thanks for the early morning fix though. XP;

21. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    WOW. That's original. And this is really one of the nicest things I can say about any fiction.

Not to mention well written. :)

A.

22. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Can I jump in here? I missed the first couple of posts but now I'm all caught up. I am loving this.
    and I am hating Lia'ndra or however you spell her name. :)

You make Kyp sound so gorgous and yummy. :p

I can't wait to see where you go with this. And why it was absolutely necessary for Jaina to shoot him.

*green_eyes*

23. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey this is amazing. Just what I needed after a hard day of doing nothing ;)

Love the built up. Makes me anxious to know what happened in between. And my...an adult acting Jaina... ;)

24. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Such a nice thing to come home to after a graveyard shift...bedtime reading :D

You've definitely got me hooked.

~Abby~

25. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

This is a great story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.