main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~* Absolutely Necessary *~ - K/J--new post 8/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks for reading everyone! :) Readers make me happy. :D

Anyway, I hope this doesn't get too confusing, but here it goes....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Two~
    ~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

I was dead.

Or at least I felt like it. My head was ready to explode, and the searing pain in my chest had me groaning in agony.

?Good. You?re awake.?

I opened my eyes to see a blurry image hovering over me, and even though I couldn?t see clearly yet, I knew exactly who it was.

?Jaina,? I rasped?and then it all came flooding back to me. I bolted up quickly only to have the pain shoot right through the rest of my body.

?Whoa?take it easy, Kyp,? she said placing her small hands on my bare chest to steady me and ease me back down on the bed. ?Let me see that burn,? she instructed as she began tenderly touching my hot skin. Didn?t remember when my shirt came off?but I did remember something.

?You?you shot me!? I yelled pushing her hand away forcefully and nearly passed out from the excruciating pain in my head.

?Will you settle down. It was only a stun blast,? she explained calmly like it was no big deal. Then she moved to resume her nursing duties.

My vision was clearing and I blinked a few times to finish the job. ?Only a stun blast?! Are you nuts?! What the hell were you thinking?!? I slapped a hand to my aching head again and groaned. I really needed to stop shouting for my own good, but her nonchalance about this whole shooting thing was really ticking me off.

She carefully applied a bacta patch to the stun burn on my chest and the added pain reliever immediately went to work. While she put her supplies away, I began to relax and leaned back on the propped up pillows.

?It was for your own good, Kyp. I saved you from making a big mistake.? She returned to my bedside and smiled sweetly. ?Trust me. You?ll thank me for this later. Here. Drink this.? She placed a cup of something cold and liquid in my hands and like a fool I drank it down without asking what it was.

?What are you talking about?? I asked. ?What big mistake? And where are you taking me?? I took a look around and knew we were on Jaina?s ship, the Jedi Sabre, and I could tell we were moving through hyperspace, but I had not a clue where we might be headed.

?Tsk, tsk, tsk. So many questions,? she remarked in a motherly tone pulling the thin blanket back up over me. ?Surely you know what I was saving you from---or should I say whom I was saving you from?? I noticed a flash of utter disgust in her eyes, but she quickly shrugged it off. ?Anyway, you don?t need to worry about where we?re going just yet. What you need right now is to lie back and get some rest. Let that bacta patch work its magic, and then?we?ll have a nice, long talk.?

The woman was treating me like a child, and I was too stunned to fight back. Or maybe it was whatever she slipped into that drink. Then she did something even more unexpected. She kissed me?one of those slow, delectable kisses that sends your senses into instant overload and thrusts every other thought straight out of your mind, and I couldn?t help but kiss right back. My mind was definitely not on our destination, and she knew it?knew exactly what she was doing.

After a few more seconds of her tantalizing lips tasting mine, she slowly pulled away and moaned. ?Mmmm?that was nice,? she whispered in a husky breath.

And like an idiot, I just sat there and watched her as she licked her sweet, seductive lips, not sure whether to throttle her or throw her down and?well, you get the picture. Sweet Force! What was this woman doing to me?

Finally, I was able to form words.

?I take it that was necessary, too?? I said, trying to sound angry, but failing miserably. I squinted my eyes and tried to focus. Surely there weren?t two of her? No, it had to be the meds.

Her face broke into the famous Solo grin as she leaned in close and whispered in my ear, ?A

2. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    *giggles*

Hmmm...this is all starting to seem a little reminiscent of a stunt Han Solo pulled some years ago...well, I suppose Jaina is Han's daughter.

I love it...I simply love it. The back-and-forth between past and present isn't confusing in the least. It all flows very well, and wanting to find out what the kriff is going on is driving me insane!

You. Are. Good.

Update soon? :D :D :D :D :D

~Abby~

3. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Mmmm..that was nice. I can see now why it was absolutely necessary to shoot him. Kinda sounds a little like something her rogue father did one time.

Great job, more soon!

*green_eyes*

4. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    (snickering) Jaina is sure her father's daughter. I hope their destination isn't Dathomir... :)

A.

5. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    This feels like a DejaVu ;)

But I'm confused...Is this the post second the first post?! Somehow I'm not sure.

I like the tad bit arrogant Jaina though

6. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Glad you're enjoying it girls, but don't be quite so sure of yourselves just yet. ;)

And Elfsheen, the start of ch 2 did pick up from the end of the Prologue. Hope that helps, and I'll try to keep it from being totally confusing with all of the flashbacks. Just stick with me!

7. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Here's a short post to finish up chapter two. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke Skywalker was not what he appeared, and I knew it.

On the surface, one might think he was shy, uncultured, and slightly ignorant. That front had served him well many times, but I knew him better than that. Oh, he was all of those things to a degree, and yet he was so much more. The inner workings of his mind baffled me. There wasn?t a malicious bone in his body, which had bothered me during the war. However, now that I was getting older, I understood his reluctance to jump into battle without fully weighing all of the consequences first. Luke Skywalker always looked before he leaped.

And that is exactly why I knew he had finally lost his mind.

?You want me to what?? I exclaimed as I looked in shock at Luke and the other ten members of the Jedi Council as they stared back from their seats around the circular table. Jaina was also present and seated next to me, and I could feel through the Force her surprise reflecting my own.

I thought I saw a hint of amusement light in Luke?s eyes, but he quelled it and steepled his fingers on the table in front of him.

?I want you to take over my position on the Council,? he repeated plainly, as if that were the most natural utterance to ever roll of his tongue.

?That?s what I thought you said,? I mumbled, and I heard Jaina stifling a chuckle next to me. I looked boldly at Luke and demanded, ?Is this some kind of joke, Master Skywalker??

Now Luke did laugh and shook his head. ?No, Kyp. It?s not a joke. The other members and I have discussed it at length and agreed that it should be you.?

Wait?they had discussed it??at length??without me around? When had they done that?

?I?m sorry, Luke,? I said reverting back to the familiarity of his first name, ?but I just don?t understand. You are the head of this Council.?

Luke sighed and leaned back in his chair. Only then did I realize how old and worn he looked. Jaina had mentioned it at dinner the night before and expressed her sincere concern over her uncle. In the past few years since the war, he had grown almost frail and looked as old, if not older, than Han Solo. She and I both agreed that his war wound must be to blame for his rapid decline, those Yuuzhan Vong toxins still lurking within his body wreaking havoc. However, I hadn?t really noticed it much since I saw him so often. Jaina, not immune to the gradual change in her uncle?s appearance, confessed that she had been shocked when he greeted her at the spaceport upon her arrival on Denon.

?Kyp, I?ve dreamt of this Council since I was very young in the Force. Seeing it become a reality has been beyond my wildest imaginations, but I simply cannot continue on as I have been. I?m not able to.? He paused for a moment before continuing on and I could feel the fear emanating from Jaina. ?My illness has progressed more rapidly than I had hoped, and I find myself wanting to slow it down if at all possible. Mara and I have talked and the best way for that to happen is to cut back on my Council involvement. Oh, I?ll still be around to consult and help out when I can, but the day to day activities are becoming too much of a strain. Maybe it?s a bit selfish, but I?d like to see Ben grow up.?

Many of the Council members shook their heads in understanding and I found myself doing the same. Even though I had no family, I understood its importance more than most having lost mine so long ago.

Luke began speaking again. ?So, Kyp, I am offering my position to you.?

?But why me?? I asked. ?So many others are much more qualified and deserving.? I looked around and noticed Cilghal and Kenth?both two very capable Jedi who were also much more respected than me.

?Yours is not to question why,? Luke added lightly. ?You are very qualified. You?re a powerful Jedi, a born leader, and you have the experience of having survived the Dark Side. You?ve learned much and grown in your understanding of the Force more than I

8. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

well i'll say she has away about things and he's a git, so nice post.

9. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Poor Luke :(

I loooove how Kyp, at the time, is unable to see what's going on with Jaina, as far as the hugs, the looks, and the hand-holding. Tee hee!

Short, but worth it!

Now, more please :D

~Abby~

10. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    haha, Kyp is so dense, isn't he?

ah... this is really~ good~

nothing else to say. good stuff! ^^

11. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    YAY!! ::dances:: a K/J from valsolo!! Life is much better than it was before I found out about this.

I like how clueless Kyp is... bwahahahaha, let the conflict begin.

-Saber

12. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    LOL I'm shocked too... LOL I never would have thought this scenario possible!

Good post!

13. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I'm totally confused and I have no clue what's going on, but I love it anyways!

Welcome back to the world of K/J, val! We missed it! 8-} Now if only certain people would show up and we could have a pillow fight... :D ;)

Is it too soon to ask for more?

14. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I'm a little confused too, but I'm sure it'll be cleared up, at least by the end of the story.

~~Jilly

15. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    sdhfs--Thanks for reading! :)

Abby--Poor Luke...I know, I know. But it was necessary for the fic. Sorry to upset you. He is quite the immortal, isn't he?

Now, more please... Greedy little thing, aren't you! ;)

djcati--haha, Kyp is so dense, isn't he?.... It's a guy thing. **shrugs**

Saberblade--YAY!! ::dances:: a K/J from valsolo!!....[face_blush] Gee, I feel so special. Thanks! **gives a great big hug to Saber along with this--- yummy Kypiness** Enjoy!!! :D

LOL I never would have thought this scenario possible!... What scenario is that, Elfsheen? Me writing a K/J fic, or Kyp becoming head of the council??????? (Anything is possible in the world of fanfic!)

JJD--I'm totally confused and I have no clue what's going on, but I love it anyways!

[face_laugh] You're great, JJD! Would you like me to PM you the Cliff notes?? ;)

Now if only certain people would show up and we could have a pillow fight...--- Ahhh, yes, pillow fights...and kimonos, and pink tutus. You know that Eld was the one with the tutu, not me. LOL! And whatever happened to Rev? I miss him, too.

JainaDurron--I'm a little confused too, but I'm sure it'll be cleared up, at least by the end of the story.

LOL! Me too! I'm even confusing myself! Yikes! Please don't give up on me yet! :_|

Back to work....

16. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I could just hug you Val, [:D] I'm so happy to be reading another gem of a story. [face_dancing] 7

17. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    YAY for another story!!!! *jumps around* this is going to be great I can already tell. Just don't stop like you did last time!!! :_| poor Luke!!! Did you make up what's going on with him or is that in The Unifying Force? I haven't read it yet [face_blush] I'm waiting for paper back which comes out at the end of the month. [face_blush] So close yet sooo far behind in NJO!!! *sigh* more soon??

Fireyforce

18. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    I always thought Kyp should be Luke's successor. Exactly because of all these reasons you listed, Val. Nice to see that someone thinks the same.

A.

19. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Wow, I think I am just as surprised as Kyp about him beign chosen to take Luke's place.

Kyp is so clueless about Jaina isn't he.

Very nice chapter.

*green_eyes*

20. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    oh my goodness! I missed so many updates! sorry about that :( ::grumbles about getting her wisdom teeth pulled::

well I'm back now and I must say I still LOVE this story! It's so intriguing how you're switching from Jaina to Kyp and one part of the story to another, very clever indeed :p I LOVE the part where Kyp wakes up after being stunned by Jaina [face_laugh] that was brilliant!

more soon?

EJ

21. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    jedi7-- G'head!...hug me! I love 'em! [:D]

Fireyforce-- I'll try not to stop mid-story. Nasty habit I have, I know, but it's all Darth Real Life's fault!!! HONEST! And the question about Luke--my answer is yes and no. I don't want to ruin it for ya!

Ars Longa-- You know what they say about great minds... :cool: Kyp has come a long way, imo, and more than deserves a little respect (and lovin'!) at this point in his life. :)

green eyes--Thanks for the encouragement!

EJ-- Ouch! Wisdom teeth!... well, then I'll forgive you for being a bit tardy reading the new posts. ;) I'm just glad you're here and that you're actually able to follow along with my crazy, mixed-up attempt at this whole POV challenge. :) Now go have some more ice cream. :D

22. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Yeah...those were the days... I remember the tutus! ;) And actually I have no idea where Rev is and I miss him too! :_| He was my first buddy on the boards and a founding member of the Kyp Council. He and Avalon69 and I were crazy... *sigh* Oh, well, people move on...

Just an up!

23. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    :_| NJO can't be that mean can they? *rethinks question as Anakin and Chewie pop into mind* Ok so they can be, but couldn't they take out Jag instead???
    Now I really need the 31st to roll around.

Fireyforce

24. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    I know, I'm terrible, but I want more :D

25. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

May i interest you in an up ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.