main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~* Absolutely Necessary *~ - K/J--new post 8/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaming_Sword

Flaming_Sword Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    But I was Kyp Durron. I didn?t beg. Very Kyppoe I must admit! Great job! I'm hooked!! More soon???

Flame

2. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

you know people seem to post faster on beyond the saga so here is a please post soon and up

3. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Sorry for the delay, guys. I'm working on the next chapter and should have it up by later this evening. Jaina keeps changing things on me! :eek:

Plus, I have to start getting my classroom ready for the beginning of school (Yuck! I know---dirty word), so I probably won't be posting quite so often each week. Sorry!

Anyway, more is coming. I already have the basic outline written down, but somehow my stories just seem to keep growing and growing.... [face_thinking]

4. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    ~ Chapter 3~--part one
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The chance of a lifetime.

That?s what Uncle Luke and the rest of the Jedi Council was offering me. I still remembered sharing my secret goal with Jag at the end of the war. He had been slightly surprised to find that my ambitions ultimately lay beyond the military realm, but he was no more surprised than I was myself. If anyone had told me when I was younger that my fate was to lie along a similar path as my diplomatic mother, I would have laughed in his face. For so many years I had tried to be as unlike Leia Organa Solo as possible. But then I grew up, and maturity showed me what an amazing woman she was both personally and politically. So wanting to delve into the complex world of diplomacy was simply and irrefutably in my blood.

I couldn?t deny it?and I couldn?t deny the thrill of knowing Kyp would be right there with me the whole way. We were great together.

The rest of the Council meeting was a blur, my mind racing with this new chapter opening unexpectedly in my life. Several times, Kyp glanced at me and smiled, sending congratulations to me via our long lost Force bond.

Good job, Jaina. I?m proud of you.

Thanks, Kyp, I sent back. But what about you, Mr. Head of the Council?

It was as if I could feel him blush through our meld?feel the self-doubt plaguing him as he struggled to comprehend why he had been chosen to replace Uncle Luke.

Don?t, Kyp, I assured him, reaching out to grab his strong hand. You do deserve it. You?ll be great.

He shot back a grateful smile that made me feel like I wanted to hug him again, but I needed to take it slow. Although I was certain of my feelings now, I was still unsure if he felt the same about me or how serious his relationship with this other woman was. In the past, the two of us had always skirted around the issue of anything more than friendship. Kyp had thrown a couple of hints that he might be interested, but like a gentleman, he had never acted on that interest. He was polite enough to step back and let Jag play that game. Maybe he felt too old.

I once thought that, too, but now that I was a woman, age didn?t seem to matter. I had always tried to ignore any indication I might feel something more for him, including those stomach flutters I used to get whenever he was around. They started when I was still a teenager and hadn?t really ever stopped. Hence, the warm mushiness I was experiencing at the sight of his friendly smile.

I loved Kyp?s smile?maybe because it was so rare and I was secretly pleased I was one of the only people who got the privilege of being on the receiving end of such a scarcity. My dad was another person who could make Kyp smile. To some degree, Kyp reminded me of Dad. He was a bit aloof and hard to get close to, but if you were lucky enough to break through all those barriers, you?d have a friend for life?someone who would stick by you no matter what. And that?s exactly what Kyp had done for me.

I sneaked another look at his familiar profile while he listened intently as Cilghal read a report on the state of refugee camps in the Duros system. Kyp wasn?t pretty. His face had a few laugh lines around his eyes and his nose was a tad bit crooked. His hair was always a little unkempt, those thick waves as untamed as the man whose head they graced. There was this one crazy piece that would flop down in his eyes. I remembered watching him fight with it on many occasions, threatening, in vain, to cut it off and pushing it back with an irritated huff.

Compared to many other men, he wasn?t anything out of the ordinary?not holovid star material. He wasn?t too short or too tall, but somewhere between Dad and Uncle Luke. His build wasn?t too lanky or too muscled?but just right. Fashionwise, Kyp was no Ganner Rhysode, but his clothes always looked clean, neat, simple, and in no way flashy. Even though his past behavior seemed to contradict it, Kyp was in essence a rather modest

5. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Mara is scary...

this... is... wonderful...
    Silly Kyp is always so dense. XD

I can't wait until Li'andra is SO PWNED
    Because she will be... right? >>;
    silly Kyp...

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Must . . . kill . . . Li'andra!!!!!

*searches through boxes for gold-plated shovel*

Ha ha! I found it! Now, where on Tatooine can I bury her so no one will find her . . . ?

Dana

7. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Now, where on Tatooine can I bury her so no one will find her . . . ?

*raises hand in the air and bounces like she's having bladder issues*

Oooh oooh, I know I know!

There's a nifty spot out in the middle of the dune sea, where NOBODY will find her for centuries! And if we use our super Force powers to create a big sand storm, we can lengthen it to millennia!

C'mon, Dana, the speeder's waiting [face_devil]

I love this story! Simply, utterly love it. Your description of Kyp was great, and Jaina's excitement over him being there with her on the council...

*eye twitches* But Li'andra

[murderous streak]Destroy her[/murderous streak]

Can you tell we don't like her? :D :D :D :D :D

~Abby~

8. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Don't make Aunt Mara mad, she is definitely kinda scary.

Kyp is either so dense or he knows exactly what he is doing. We don't really know what the nature of the realationship with Liandra really is. Things are not always what they appear. He may have suspicions of what Jain's feelings are and he is using his relationship with Liandra to see what jaina's reaction will be.

But then again he may just be really stupid and blind, but one thing for sure, he is very sexy.

*green_eyes*

9. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey even I'm still suprised with their positions :p

That Li?andra is starting to be a bother... can't see walk into a wall or something

10. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    :mad: Li'andra time to die *holds blaster to her chest and shoots* It was only a stun bolt so that we could get her somewhere.....sandy shall we say?? This way no one has to listen to her all the way out there. [face_devil] Li'andra is soooooo annoying!!!! Can we please get rid of her??? Great story otherwise.

Fireyforce

11. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Fashionwise, Kyp was no Ganner Rhysode, but his clothes always looked clean, neat, simple, and in no way flashy.

That stopped me somehow. I know I'm too much of a sticker for the canon, perhaps, but in RD it says quite clearly that Kyp was usually seen in stylish clothes.

Well, that was one thing that spoiled this wonderful chapter for me a little...

A.

12. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Wow!! How could I have missed so many great posts?!?! Hey, Abby, Dana? Can I help you kill and bury her? Heeee!!! Anyways, Can't wait for more!!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

13. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh my goodness! Jaina's so cute about Kyp! I started chortling (isn't that the funniest word?) and because I'm at the library, everyone gave me crazy looks. [face_laugh]

Anyways, I agree with Jaina... How dare Kyp not drop everything to go to dinner with her! [face_devil] ;)

*sigh* I'm as in love with him as she is... [face_love]

Is it too soon to ask for more?

14. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm so glad you hate Li'andra! :D I do too. ;) And Kyp is no dummy, remember. We'll hear more from him later.

And I'm sorry to ruin the chapter for you, Ars. I picture Kyp looking great, but just not quite as perfectly put together as someone like Ganner who is obsessed with his appearance. I hope you keep reading!

Anyway, here's the second part of chapter 3 from Jaina... :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ?So, Jaina, were you surprised?? Aunt Mara asked over dinner. The four of us?me, Uncle Luke, Mara and Ben?were seated comfortably around their dinner table in the modest living quarters provided for them by the Galactic Alliance. I wasn?t paying attention and her question caught me off guard. My mind had inadvertently drifted yet again to thoughts of Kyp and his date with Li?andra. As much as I tried not to think about what they could possibly be doing, the vision of them together refused to leave me be.

Kyp having another woman around had definitely not been in my plans.

?Um, surprised?? I repeated, trying to hide the fact I had no idea what Mara was referring to. She chuckled knowingly and leaned back in her chair to study me carefully.

?Yes, surprised,? she said teasingly. ?Or did you already guess why your uncle asked you to come to Denon??

Oh---she meant the Council meeting.

?Yeah, I was very surprised,? I answered quickly, ?but happy.?

Uncle Luke joined in. ?It shouldn?t have been too unexpected, Jaina. Leia told me about the diplomatic training she?s been giving you whenever you?re home. Your mother?s very impressed a pleased that you?ve taken an interest in her line of work.?

His twinkling blue eyes and the vote of confidence from my mother bolstered my flagging ego. ?Thanks, Uncle Luke,? I replied. ?I used to think when I was young that Mom?s job was so boring, but after experiencing the war and its aftermath of total political chaos, I?d say it?s not a job for the faint of heart,? I laughed. ?Mom?s done some consulting work for Cal Omas, as you know, and she let me go with her several times to see how it?s done. I?m just anxious to get started with my new position on the Council. It?s what I?ve been working toward since the end of the war, even though I didn?t think it would happen quite so soon.?

Uncle Luke reached over and patted my hand. ?You?ll do just fine, Jaina,? he assured me. He pulled his hand away and started cutting another piece of his nerf steak.

?I think Kyp was even more surprised than me,? I declared as I swallowed down the last of my blue milk, a staple in the Skywalker home.

?Kyp is cool!? Ben chimed in from his spot across from me, his mouth full of half-chewed food. I snorted in shock and glanced at Aunt Mara who simply rolled her eyes in defeat as I bit back a chuckle. Ben noticed the look on his mother?s face and apologized. ?Sorry, Mom. I mean, Master Durron is cool. Jaina, did you really fly with him and beat all those Vong with shadow bombs?? he asked excitedly.

I looked once again at Aunt Mara, wondering how I should answer Ben. Her dislike of Kyp was legendary, and the fact that Ben was obviously enthralled by him was yet another surprise. She answered my unspoken question with another roll of her eyes.

?So you like Master Durron, eh?? I finally said.

He nodded exaggeratedly. ?Yeah, man! He rocks! He even let me fly in his cool ship once!?

?He did?? I replied slightly stunned that Aunt Mara would allow such a thing to happen.

She quickly explained. ?I wasn?t around that day. Your uncle let him go---said it would be good for him?and Kyp,? she snorted.

?And it was,? Uncle Luke interjected, ?for both of them.? That was Uncle Luke?always the optimist. He went on to elaborate. ?Jaina, you of all people know Kyp has a tendency to distance himself from most others. A lot of that stems from his past, I?m sure. For a while he had you to keep him connected, but once you left?? He stopped and looked away, thinking he had said too much.

The lull in the conversati

15. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful post.

~~Jilly

16. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Heheheheh! Go, Jaina! Kidnap Kyp!!!! Save him from the evil woman!

Dana

17. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    And I'm sorry to ruin the chapter for you, Ars. I picture Kyp looking great, but just not quite as perfectly put together as someone like Ganner who is obsessed with his appearance. I hope you keep reading!

You bet I will! I like this very much. I'm just, as Abby and Dana can confirm :) a sticker for details. I certainly terrorized them with my obsession over it often enough. :)

A.

18. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Woa, great post here. LOL funny Ben!

I still don't know about this Li...It feels like an eleborate set up :p

19. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Ben looked at me, then his father, and finally his mother before exclaiming, ?You?re going to talk about grown-up stuff now, aren?t you? Stuff I?m not supposed to know about. But Uncle Han already told me all about females a long time ago,? he stated triumphantly.

The grin was instantly wiped off Mara?s face and reappeared as quickly on Uncle Luke?s.

*snicker* Han is brilliant... Ben is awesome... yes.

I liked this post~
    (I like them all. heh. >>; )

yes, great story.. ^_^

20. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    oh that was great val! [face_laugh] I can just picture Han telling the "birds and the bees" to Ben Skywalker and then Mara finding out and beating the living crap out of him :p

::snickers::

Jealus Jaina... :p [face_laugh] That's great :D

EJ

21. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    :D Great update! Love the view of the Skywalker family at dinner there. Very cool! Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

22. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    hehehe, i loved how you portrayed Ben in this chapter. I had an image of Mara choaking when Ben told them that Han had already taught him all about women. That was such a funny little scene. The Skywalkers are soo much fun to write! More soon??? Jaina better track down Kyp, my suggestion get him at dinner and have her give him a great big kiss in front of the status witch. hehehehe... More soon??

Fireyforce

23. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I'm just, as Abby and Dana can confirm a sticker for details. I certainly terrorized them with my obsession over it often enough.

Yeah, I'll vouch for that one, certainly ;)

Great update! By far the best part was Ben and his obsession with Kyp. Imagine, Mara Jade's son idolizing Kyp Durron...priceless.

Now, you must write more. More, I say, more!!!

(insert insanely evil laughter here)

Man, I'm starting to sound like Ro...

~Abby~

24. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm working on it! Should be up later today. :)

25. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Here's more! :)

~* Chapter Four *~ (part one)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was irritated and I wasn?t sure why.

Mikel surely knew it the minute I stormed into my office without even letting him finish his morning greeting. My door slid shut just as he was asking if I?d like a cup of stimcaf, but he knew it was best when I was in such a mood to leave me be unless it was an absolute emergency. I?d apologize later. I always did.

I untied my cape and tossed it onto the couch before flopping down into my plush desk chair. With a big sigh, I stood right back up and moved over to the large window to gaze out at the city below. However, I wasn?t really seeing what was right in front of me because my mind was still trying to decipher why I was so agitated this morning.

Li?andra had noticed my mood last night, my head still reeling from that encounter. After spending the evening at a reception for visiting dignitaries from her home planet, we returned to her luxury apartment located in the most upscale area of the city, of course. Nothing but the best for Li?, which is why we never went to my place. But that was fine with me. It meant I didn?t have to clean up my mess.

The evening had been pleasant enough---shaking lots of important hands, smiling thousands of fake smiles until I thought my cheeks would literally slide off of my face. It was the type of outing we had shared many times before. Afterward, we would usually head back to her apartment...if we were both up for it.

Last night I hadn?t been up for it.

We were standing in her spacious entry hall having just come inside when she got that predictable glint in her eye and sidled up to me running her hands up my chest.

?So, are you staying? It?s been a while,? she purred seductively as she pressed closer.

It was a game we had played before, but, for some reason, I wasn?t in the mood to participate. I grabbed her hands to stop her progress and offered a curt, ?I can?t.?

For the second time in one day, those two small words brought a look of utter astonishment to a woman?s face. Li?andra yanked her hands from mine and her pale eyes flashed icy blue, revealing what I knew to be her true nature.

?Not tonight,? I added for clarification noting the vicious glare she was spearing me with. ?Thank you for the offer though.?

She studied me intently, as if assessing her options. ?You sound so formal?like it?s a business proposition,? she said haughtily, quickly regaining her superior disposition. I immediately put myself on guard. I had seen her on the offensive. She could be ruthless.

But then so could I.

?Isn?t it?? I replied insolently with an arrogant huff. ?You got what you wanted from me tonight, so you should be happy I?m not expecting anything in return.?

Her brow arched flirtatiously and she stepped in closer to gaze up at me through her long lashes. ?I haven?t gotten all I want from you just yet, darling,? she insinuated, raking a possessive look up and down my body before leaning up and placing enticing kisses along my jaw. It was a move that had worked often enough in the past, but did nothing more at that moment than further my annoyance.

I turned my head away from her mouth and took a step back. ?I have to go,? I said coldly. ?I have to get up early in the morning.?

For a brief moment, I thought I saw a hint of disappointment in Li?andra?s eyes caused by my rejection of her offer, which so many times before had been readily accepted. But then I remembered who I was looking at and saw the look for what it was. If she was hurt, it was only because she hadn?t gotten what she wanted.

?It?s her, isn?t it?? she asked hastily, blocking my exit.

?What are you talking about?? I asked.

She stared at me and crossed her arms in front of her chest causing even more of her usually tempting cleavage to spill out of her revealing bodice.

?Your little friend---Jeanie, or whatever her name is,? she declared snobbily.

I felt my temper begin to flare. ?Her name is Jaina?not Jea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.