main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~* Absolutely Necessary *~ - K/J--new post 8/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Yeah, well, love makes us do crazy things. :) But never fear, she's not really insane...just a Solo.

Working on the next part now...

2. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    YAY! You updated! :D Loved it, loved it.

3. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Yay, an update!!! I'm so excited that you're working on this again! I thought it had been abandoned! I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what Jaina has up her sleeve!

4. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    HI, girls! :) All fellow k/j-ers welcome, of course. :)

Here's a short one, and there may be another one coming up soon. I've had to actually sit down and hand write a timeline of events for this story to keep myself from getting confused, so I hope once it gets posted it makes sense to you guys. Think of it this way... this story starts somewhere near the middle, then flashes back and forth between the middle and beginning and will finally (at some point) be mostly straight through from the middle to the end.

If none of that made sense to you, just ignore it!

Here's more Jaina...

I don?t even remember walking the corridor back to the cockpit. Must have been the rage seething through my body. I slapped the overhead panel and flopped into my pilot?s chair. After a few deep breaths, I began to feel myself calm down as the Force cleansed out some of the anger.

But only some.

Kyp Durron was insufferable.

Turn around and go home so things could get back to normal? If his idea of normal was just being ?friends? while he played around with Lady Li?andra then there was no way I was turning around. No? sithin?? way.

As my anger subsided, a seed of disappointment began to grow, starting in the pit of my stomach and rapidly enveloping my heart. The kiss?he hadn?t even mentioned it. Had even seemed to have forgotten that it even happened at all within the span of mere minutes. Was I a total moron? Was I really nuts like he said? Had I wasted the last years fostering a possibility that would never come to pass? Were the last couple of months we?d spent together nothing more to Kyp than friendship?

My mind busily cycled through the last several weeks, at all the hours we had shared working and getting reacquainted. Despite my uneasiness about Li?andra, I had decided to take things slow. Kyp and I had been apart for five years (my fault, I admit), but I figured a few more weeks of waiting before I made my move wouldn?t hurt while I assured myself that he indeed was the man I really wanted?the man I?d been fantasizing about for over a year now.

After Jag and I finally called it quits following one of our sporadic interludes, I took some time to adjust to the truly single life. Independence was practically my middle name, so it wasn?t a big deal?at first. Then I started noticing things I hadn?t bothered to notice before, like how much Mom and Dad really loved each other? I mean ?really? loved each other. Once the war was over and they had time to actually focus only on their marriage, they were like newlyweds again, always flirting, casting longing glances, giggling, touching. Mom said they had never really had much of a chance to just be Mr. and Mrs. Solo in between wars and Imperial warlords, and they were enjoying it. I guess it should have been slightly disturbing to see my parents act like lovesick kids, but I was pleased and also strangely envious. A part of me felt empty, and every time I?d start to feel that way, Kyp would pop into my mind.

Talk about disturbing.

However, the more I thought about him, the less disturbing the idea of him and me seemed. It wasn?t an?a-ha? moment when I all of a sudden realized it. No, it was a gradual take-over of my mind and heart. I would remember things he had said, stupid jokes he had made or interesting insights he shared with only me. I tried to rationalize it by telling myself that it was only my guilt at having not talked to him, my friend, for so long, that I was only thinking of him so often because I needed to bring closure to our relationship.

Closure?

Not exactly what I wanted now.

I started remembering the way he looked, his dark hair long and sometimes a bit messy. His cape given to him by my father that he still wore with pride, flowing behind him as he walked away from me (usually in exasperation). I would recall how he pronounced certain words with a bit of an accent leftover from his youth, how his hand

5. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Just a little more...:)

Three weeks had passed since my return to Denon and things were, I thought, progressing between us, albeit too slowly for my liking. With our new positions on the Council we spent a lot of time working together, much to Li?andra?s dismay. Their encounters were kept to a bare minimum?and I?ll never reveal how that was accomplished.

After finishing all of my initial briefings, I began accompanying him to many meetings and, I have to say, he was amazing to watch. When once he had been outspoken and too abrasive in making his point, now he was an exemplary diplomat, deftly, but firmly, sharing the Council?s stance on various issues as they were discussed with other government officials. I could tell by the way the other bureaucrats and politicians responded to him, that Kyp had become a well-respected member of this new republic.

I even remarked on the change one day to which he simply responded, ?Time changes things, Jaina. Even me.? The enigmatic look he gave me left me contemplating his meaning all afternoon until I couldn?t stand it anymore. Three weeks was plenty of time to know that Kyp was indeed the man for me, more now than ever before. Time had only made him better. I was compelled to do something about the way I felt.

As we left the meeting with Cal Omas, an idea sparked in my mind.

?Kyp?? I said sidling up next to him and looping my arm through his.

He glanced down briefly, gradually becoming more used to my newfound penchant for physical contact, and then at me. ?Yes??

?We need to go flying.? I grinned at my brilliant idea. Flying together had always been a time for us to share our Force bond. Maybe then he would let his guard down and admit how he really felt.

He smiled, ?Flying, huh? And why do we need to do that??

?Well, as far as I know, you haven?t been flying since I?ve been here, and I?ve only gone up for a few practice runs. If we don?t keep our skills sharp, we?ll get rusty and that would be a shame. Especially me, the daughter of Han Solo. He?d be so disappointed.?

I could tell by the twinkle in his eyes, that he was interested and it didn?t take long for him to give in.

?Disappointing Han is not something I?d ever want to be accused of doing? again, anyway.?

?So, you?ll go?? I asked anxiously, squeezing his arm.

?Okay,? he agreed, ?but what are we going to fly? I don?t have an X-wing anymore, just my Sekotan ship.?

Uh-oh. Hadn?t thought of that one.

?We could maybe scrounge a couple up, do you think?? I asked.

?It?ll take a few days.?

I didn?t have a few days. I needed to get this off of my chest today. He seemed to sense my urgency.

?We could just go up together in my ship,? he suggested. ?I?ve made a few modifications to her. You could give me your opinion of my craftsmanship.? Then he seemed to get a tad uncomfortable and added, ?Or not. We don?t have to. We can wait to get some X-wings.?

?No, no!? I jumped at his first offer. Maybe being on the same ship would be even better. Why hadn?t I thought of that? ?Your ship would be great! Let me go home and change, and then I?ll meet you there. Hey, I?ll even bring dinner, how?s that?? Oh, this was getting better all the time. Now, he looked a little apprehensive. Was that good or bad?

?You?d better take me up on my offer. It?s the closest I get to actually cooking,? I added.

He smiled and acquiesced. ?Okay, Goddess. How?s 0700 sound? I?ll send the address of the hangar bay to your apartment?s computer.?

?Sounds great!? I beamed. I was so close to finally getting what I wanted that I was feeling kind of?saucy. I don?t know what possessed me to try and flirt, but I did. I moved directly in front of him and looked up at him from underneath my lashes. ?And after dinner, maybe we can have?dessert.?

He couldn?t believe I?d said it. Sith, I didn?t either, but it was done. I had managed to throw another blatantly obvious innuendo directly at him and if he

6. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    oh wow! I'm loving this. I found it a while back but then lost it for a while. I'm glad I found it again. Keep it up.

7. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Jaina is NOT a kid anymore. I like this new Jaina. I beg you to continue.

8. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Welcome, princess melissa and Genimay! Thanks for reading. :)

Yeah, it was put on the back burner for way too long. Life has a way of taking up all of my time. Go figure! And there will definitely be more. I have pretty much the whole outline in my mind (some on paper), now I just have to finish the fleshing out. I did want to take a look at Jaina as a woman, not just an arrogant teenager anymore. Life and experience have a way of changing you...softening some parts and sharpening others. As you get older, you get a more defined sense of who you are and what you want. That's where she is right now. The problem is, that Kyp has changed, too...contented himself with being a loner. She's got to figure out how to make him see what he once saw and what she is seeing only now. (Did that make any sense at all????? ;) )

9. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    You know, I read the part about dessert and then I remembered, you were the author that made that famous in your other K/J story, where I believe they discuss dessert on several occasions.

It's never too late to start a story again. Heck, I used to post all of the time and now, I haven't posted nearly as much as I used to. Still seems like the good ole days though, with all of the J/J stories killing the K/J stories on the board.

I still do, however, hate Jag with a passion. Some things change, even me... but now when it comes to Jag. [face_devil] I guess that new post-NJO book is coming out in July or something.

One more thing, man, has posting gotten much easier or what? They make it so easy now to have colors highlights, lists, faces... I don't even know what a list is!

10. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    LOL, crimson! [face_laugh] I went to post yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by all of the new buttons. And I'm with you---I'm not even sure what some of them are for! :confused:

11. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    I'm so excited that you are continuing this! I love the new adult Jaina. I am eagerly awaiting the next post! :D

12. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks! And I just so happen to be working on it right this very minute. :D I should have it up in a bit.

13. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Okay, here it is as promised...a post. Back to Kyp we go!

Chapter 6?

As soon as the door slid shut, I pulled myself up from the floor. My legs nearly buckled from underneath me and my head whirled with dizziness. Seems I still wasn?t back to full strength yet, so I quickly made my way to the bed and lowered myself onto the edge.

?What the sith just happened?? I asked myself out loud. I replayed the last few minutes in my mind. Jaina came in?we argued?we kissed?she got mad and threw me across the room. Then I did it again. Jaina came in?we argued?we kissed---

?Oh my gosh!? I said, running my hand back through my tangled mess of hair. ?We just kissed!!!? The import of those words and that action hit me full force and I flopped back onto the bed to stare at the ceiling. ?Oh, no, no, no, no, no! This isn?t happening!? I sat back up and put my face in my hands. How had I lost control of the situation? Whatever the answer, I needed to regain some control and I needed to do it right now.

Okay?deep breath?and?now?think.

Jaina had kidnapped me?sort of?and all because she thought I was going to marry Li?andra. At the thought, I laughed out loud. Not in a million years! But not that Li? hadn?t suggested it. In fact, she and I were discussing that very thing at her country house when the urgent message, which I now knew had been from Jaina, commed through to me. I thought it was strangely worded---

Durron,
    Important info?need to meet now---outside in gardens---TELL NO ONE.

I should have taken more time to question its origins, but the Council had been waiting and hoping for a breakthrough in the Alpha Red case and it seemed our informant might give us exactly the intell we needed. I couldn?t miss the opportunity.

So I made my apologies to Li?andra, despite her anger at being pushed aside, grabbed my cloak, and left. Again, I should have sensed something was amiss when I walked out into the gardens. Something had been off-kilter, and too late I realized it was Jaina. She had seemed?different?determined. And when she pulled out a blaster and shot me, well, need I say more? I was stunned, in more ways than one.

Which led me to my current predicament.

I was stuck on her ship because of a misunderstanding. I?d have to talk to Li? about that when I got back. But when would that be? I didn?t even know where I was or even what time it was. Jaina refused to tell me where we were going and she refused to return to Denon. And to top it all off, I had just kissed her.

What was I thinking?! Kissing Jaina Solo was the last thing I needed to be doing. She made me want things I knew I couldn?t have. She had always had that kind of power over me. I don?t know how many times in the past I had looked at her and Jag Fel wishing that it was me she was with and, at the same time, chiding myself for even entertaining the thought. Not only was she way too young, but she was also the daughter of my dearest friend, the man who was the closest thing to family I had left.

What must she think of me? I had come close on several occasions, some even recently, where I had nearly let my emotions and desires concerning her get out of hand. In the past, she had been quick to squash any advances I made, but lately, since her return, things had been?different. She seemed more open, more receptive to our friendship. She touched more, smiled more, and seemed surer of herself in a softer way than she had as a young woman. I could even swear that sometimes when she looked at me I saw a hint of desire shining in her own eyes. But I quickly dismissed it as my wild imagination.

One instance popped into my mind immediately.

She had been back for about three weeks, maybe longer. We were both working long hours together for the Jedi Council, and I was finding it quite enjoyable. Jaina had a great sense of humor and she was smart as a whip. It didn?t take her any time at all to do t

14. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    Another Great post!

Bzzzzzzzzzz!!! Bzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

It was my ship?s security alarm. Someone was outside. Jaina?s forehead was leaning on my chest and I thought I heard a curse slip quietly from her lips.
    Stupid alarm interupted their kiss.

It wasn?t a mechanic.

?Li?andra? What are you doing here??
    *grabs pitchfork and angry mob* Death to Li'andra!

15. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Kyp tell her you're busy. Run up the boarding ramp and cycle the door locks! You've got Jaina waiting, don't miss your oppertunity!!!

Another wonderful post! I'm loving this sooooo much! Can't wait for more!

16. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Hope you're having a great weekend! :) Here's the next post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~
    ?Li?andra? What are you doing here??

"I?m happy to see you, too, Kyp, darling.?

Li?andra stood at the bottom of the entrance ramp and smiled confidently. She was looking impeccably beautiful, as always--- hair in perfect place, clothes in all the latest fashions, tailor-made to fit. Having grown up in a wealthy family she was used to getting everything she wanted whenever she wanted it, and seeing her here made me realize I was just another ?thing? she wanted. Knowing how she disliked my alien ship, I had a hunch she came for some other reason---and, I also knew that whatever it was would somehow have to be beneficial to her.

However, my mind was back in that cockpit where Jaina was waiting for me. I was dying to know what important thing she needed to talk to me about. Apparently, I took too long to respond because the smile faded and Li?andra put her hands on her hips.

?Aren?t you going to ask me in? I did come all the way down here to see you and you know how I hate these kinds of places.? She glanced around and wrinkled her nose at the smell of metal and grease.

?What are you doing here?? I asked again. ?You don?t even like my ship.? I tried not to sound irritated, but didn?t succeed. She looked at me curiously, then frowned, not used to my curt tone. Li?andra was a woman accustomed to being treated with kid gloves. She didn?t like that I made her presence seem unwanted.

But it was.

She pushed ahead anyway.

?Well, I haven?t seen you in nearly two weeks.? She came closer and placed her hand on my chest. ?I missed you,? she said enticingly, looking up at me through her long, lush lashes. It struck me suddenly how her pale blue eyes I had once thought so pretty now seemed colorless and cold as ice. Jaina?s were so different--- dark, vibrant, warm, intriguing. There were depths to Jaina that I had yet to delve into, unlike Li?.

Li?andra?s motivations and desires were no mystery. Many would describe her as shallow, me included. On the other hand, she was a woman who knew what she wanted and brazenly stopped at nothing to get it. I liked her well enough, enjoyed her company, for the most part. But I would never fully trust her or respect her as much as I did Jaina. Li?andra and I had an?understanding. I accompanied her to public gatherings, my position on the Jedi Council lending credibility to her bid for political power, which she deserved as much as any other bureaucrat. She was politically gifted, and did, for the most part, want to help her home world as it continued to rebuild from the war. However, at the base of all of her actions was the hope of some sort of personal gain. It wasn?t the most noble of attitudes, but I understood her.

What I had never totally figured out was what I reaped from our relationship besides the obvious physical attraction. Maybe being seen with a woman of such a high status in society somehow made me feel more accepted after the many mistakes of my past. Let?s be honest. I could do with some positive PR. Or perhaps simply having the attention of such an attractive woman was my motivation. Force knew I?d never been much of a success in the romance department. Years spent feeling unworthy of being loved due to bad choices had left me pretty much a loner. My love life?and I use that term loosely?consisted of a brief encounter with an older woman and, more recently, years spent in confusion about a woman who was much too young.

Only now, she wasn?t so young. Plus, she was waiting on my ship, wearing a delightfully slinky dress, flushed and mellow from a fine brandy, and we had just sort-of kissed.

?Didn?t you miss me?? Li?andra asked, pouting playfully.

I refocused on the woman in front of me. ?Um, yeah, sure.? What had she just said? ?How did you know I was here?? I asked, changing the subject.

She started tracing circles on my chest, a move that might have worked

17. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    I love this story.

Here it comes, I thought. I was going to have to peel Li?andra from the wall on the far side of the hangar. I braced for it? he he he. I love that.

Keep it up.

18. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Ummm...I tink Li' may want to wacth her back if those two ever see her again. In fact I'm surprised Kyp didn't have to take her to the med center. Jaina really has changed but I still think it's for the better. Great post! Can't wait to see what happens...

19. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Gah! *glares at resident tramp* Young lady, you march yourself right back up to your room and stay there! You can't be messing up perfectly good romances just because you're bored and you don't like real clothing. *taps foot as Li' leaves*

There. Now we can get back to J/K. :)

More soon??? *grins*

~*~Austyn

20. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm working on it right now. Thanks for reading! :)

21. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    *slaps Kyp up the side of his head* What are you doing, Kyp???? Send Li on her way and stop Jaina from leaving!!!!! What will it take for you to get it through your head that Jaina is interested in you and not just the girl you remember her as?!?

I love this story soooooo much!!!!!! Can't wait for the next installment! Kyp and Jaina really need a little uninterupted time together to sort themselves out! Keep it coming Val!!! Great work!

~Goddess Jaina~

22. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Here's some more for your reading pleasure. :* Jaina's turn again!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, yeah, I lost that round against Li?andra?but only because I refused to fight. Oh, I was tempted?tempted to wipe that smug grin off of her face with the heel of my shoe or maybe separate her from Kyp?s side using my lightsaber. However, my reacting like that former, more impulsive Jaina might not have done much to help matters.

Not that they were all that great now.

Anyway, seeing her standing there so possessive and triumphant, and seeing Kyp standing there in confusion was suddenly more than I could bear. I paused to give him a chance to send her away, to declare his decision to stay with me. After all, hadn?t we just shared a special moment back on board his ship?

Only he didn?t make a grand declaration of his devotion to me. Instead, he just stood there like an idiot, not knowing whom to choose. Like there was any comparison between us?! Please! Well, sure, she was blatantly gorgeous in an obvious ?look at me, world? kind of way? filthy, stinking rich?and increasingly powerful in the world of galactic politics.

But the real question was this?despite what everyone else thought of her, was she better in Kyp?s eyes than me? Unfortunately, I didn?t know the answer to that right then, and, for the first time, I felt completely inadequate.

It wasn?t a good feeling.

So I decided my best course of action was to retreat and regroup. Figuring out my next move, or if there should even be a next move, was essential. My unexpectedly fragile pride sucked it up and left him there with the other woman--- and my brandy.

Yeah, I know?I should have taken that with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mind came back to the present. Checking the navigation controls, I noted that we would soon be exiting hyperspace near my intended destination. What seemed so logical a week ago suddenly seemed foolish and ill-conceived---doomed to failure.

Kyp wasn?t cooperating, and that little snafu wasn?t part of my plan.

A frustrating pattern was developing. When we would start to get close, close enough that I felt I could reveal my feelings to him, then--- BAM!!?he would pull away and act like it never happened. After that last kiss back in my cabin I thought for certain that it was all coming together. The way he looked at me made my heart flutter; his hand on my face was so warm and gentle; and his lips?sigh?. Let?s just say, the man could kiss! I raised my fingers to my mouth and touched my lips, imagining I could still feel his mouth on mine. It had felt so right. It was right, and I knew it down to the depths of my soul. Surely Kyp did, too. So why did he keep resisting?

He wasn?t making much sense lately, anyway. After than night on his ship, the night Li?andra gave me good reason to truly hate her, things got?weird. It was as if Kyp did a 180 in his attitude toward me. Oh, he was still polite and respectful to me, but any closeness we had shared was suddenly?gone. He avoided me at work by assigning me to tasks and meetings completely different from his. Apart from seeing him come in and out of the offices periodically, I went weeks with barely any interaction, our new schedules totally at odds with one another.

Outside of Council duties wasn?t any better. He always managed to have plans of some sort or another, many including my arch-nemesis. What in the world had happened that night after I left him alone with her at his ship? Had they shared a good laugh at how foolish I had been coming there hoping to seduce him? Why had he suddenly changed into a Kyp I didn?t know or understand?

Those questions ate at me day after day, the uncertainty nearly driving me insane. Once upon a time, I thought Kyp had tender feelings for me, ones that could even maybe turn into love. Even that very night on his ship I could have sworn he was feeling the same way. So, what happened? What had I done

23. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    This reminds me of the Star Wars book made way back when, the one about Leia's Courtship. I have to say also that is nice to see Jaina do the chasing for once. Usually, everyone's favorite character has to beg, plead and scrap his way to attaining his brown-eyed girl.

I suppose right now is just a down-time in the boards because of Episode 3. Everyone is busy on the boards that involve the prequel trilogy. Come on, where are the rest of the K/J people right now?? MIA if you ask me.

Come out of hiding like me and start posting. =D=

24. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    LOL this was good. Sounds like a typical Jaina! Go her!

25. Crimson_Sabre

Aug 20, 2002
    Elfsheen and myself... now there's 2 K/Jers to pop out and up this thread. Come on we need some more! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.