main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~* Absolutely Necessary *~ - K/J--new post 8/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Hey, Crimson! Thanks for reading. :cool:

This reminds me of the Star Wars book made way back when, the one about Leia's Courtship.

Yes, there was a reason for that, even though it was not one of my favorite EU novels. I've always thought Jaina was the Solo child most like Han--impetuous, impulsive, quicker to act than think. And parents are our most influential teachers. ;) It's time our girl worked for something in her personal life like the rest of the galaxy.

I have to say also that is nice to see Jaina do the chasing for once. Usually, everyone's favorite character has to beg, plead and scrap his way to attaining his brown-eyed girl.

I totally agree...hence, this story. Kyp's a great catch in his own right. I've always thought that time would bring Jaina around to the truth. LOL! Jag who? I don't think Kyp's life would just stop without Jaina. He's got just as much drive and motivation as her. But there's also that bit of him that has always cared about her. Only now he's not so sure he wants to take that chance. Remember that horrible picnic she made him attend in one of the Rebel Dream books? She needed to be slapped for that one!

Come on, where are the rest of the K/J people right now?? MIA if you ask me.

Come out of hiding like me and start posting.

I agree! This place is quiet compared to what it used to be. I know that there apparently was some major blow up around here involving mods, but I hope it hasn't scared everyone away. That would be a real shame. :(

2. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I'm still here! And I'm loving this fic.

Oh, I was tempted?tempted to wipe that smug grin off of her face with the heel of my shoe or maybe separate her from Kyp?s side using my lightsaber. He he he

Who is this "special guest"?

More soon please.

3. annabella79

annabella79 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    Hello, very new reader reporting for duty!

Love this story - except for waiting for posts :( We, your readers, must band together and chain you to your PC until you finish!

Up, uppity up up up.

*retreats to corner, burbling 'up up up'*

4. KnightJaina

KnightJaina Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2004
    Hey there! I'm new as well, but am absolutely loving this fic. So, an update soon would be much appreciated. ;)

-K. Jaina

5. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Hmmm, special guest eh? How many credits should I bet that the special guest is Li waiting in Jaina's office to try and set her strait on their relationship? Little does Li know exactly how wrong it is to challenge a Solo, especially Jaina Solo!

I can't wait for more! I've been a die hard K/Jer ever since I joined the boards. I've been slacking on my own fic. but reading yours is motivating me to get back to mine and get more K/J back on the boards! Great work as always Val!

~Goddess Jaina~

6. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Oooooh,who is in her office? I love this story!

7. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Nice story, Val.

Particularly cool in that Jaina sort of has to be the one chasing at this point; Kyp would be well exceeding the bounds of obsessive crushes if he was still stuck on her at the start.

Whew. Been a long time.

Very well written. Keep up the great work.

8. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Risste--Whew. Been a long time...Yes, it has! Great to hear from you!!![:D]

Genimay-- You'll just have to wait and see, but it shouldn't be too much of a surprise. And I'm glad you''re enjoying it!

GoddessJainaSoloFel--I've been slacking on my own fic. but reading yours is motivating me to get back to mine and get more K/J back on the boards! Great work as always Val!

Super! Definitely get to work on that fic! I need some more good stuff to read. [face_dancing]

KnightJaina-- Welcome to the thread! [:D]

annabella79--As fun as being chained to my PC sounds, I can't think very clearly once my rear end goes numb from sitting too long.[face_worried] But I am working on the next post as we speak. I hope that will hold you over for a bit. If you're interested, in my profile is a link to a really long K/J fic I did a while back.

princess melissa-- I'm glad you're still here!:)

Okay...back I go to writing!

9. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Yeah, okay, so maybe this is turning into a bit of a soap opera, but I can't help myself. I love the drama! LOL! 8-}

And the special guest is...(drumroll, please)...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A scowl automatically curled my lip and I felt my hackles rise. There in front of me was my enemy, so to speak. My hand instinctively went for my lightsaber, but luckily, I stopped myself before unclipping it. During the war, life was much simpler. Come face to face with your enemy and you?d better be quicker on the draw than him. This type of foe was much more deadly. I was going to have to use my wits, Force help me.

?Li?andra,? I stated contemptuously, pushing past her into my office. ?I don?t think we have anything to talk about.? I busied myself at my desk hoping she would get the hint and leave. If she was still here when Kyp showed up, my plan to confront him would be ruined?again.

She was evil.

I heard her sneer and I took a deep, calming breath. ?Oh, but I think we do, dear.? Then she pushed the button to close my door. I simply stared at her in disbelief as she sauntered back over to my desk. ?May I sit down?? she said in that syrupy sweet voice of hers. I gestured for her to take a seat on the other side of the desk and then eased slowly into mine. She waited for me to settle in and then placed her hands in her lap, smiling that oversized phony grin of hers.

I sighed and leaned my elbows on the top of the desk. ?What did you want to talk about? I have other? things to attend to. Unlike some people, I actually work for a living.?

She chuckled derisively. ?Poor you. I just thought it was time for us to get to know one another better.?

?Why?? I asked with a snort. Then I glared at her to make my meaning clear. ?Li?andra, let?s be serious for a moment. I quite honestly don?t care to know you any better than I already do, and I?m willing to bet that you feel the same way. You?re not here to make friends with me, so say what it is you have to say and then get out.?

Whoa! Where had that come from? I think I was channeling my father there for a minute. Mom would have been much more diplomatic, but I didn?t have time for diplomacy. Besides, I wasn?t quite sure I was as skilled at it as Li?andra or my mother, so I figured I would play things the way most comfortable for me?head on.

By the look on her face, she hadn?t been expecting such forthrightness. What a shame.

?Well,? she stammered, ?I?suppose you?re right.? It must have hurt for her to admit that.

Good.

?All right then. Let me get right to my point.?

?Please do,? I interjected, receiving a sharp glare in response.

?Jaina, darling, you need to give up this silly pursuit of Kyp. It?s pointless and is making you look quite the fool.?

I felt my nostrils flare as I clenched my jaw together tightly. I didn?t trust myself to speak, much less move, so I stayed silent. She, on the other hand, kept right on talking.

?I know that you were relatively close during the war. Kyp told me about you, how you worked together, how he helped you through a bad time, looked after you like a?a little sister. You were quite young, right? I also know that he feels very obligated to your father and that looking out for you falls into that same category in his mind.

?But, Jaina, sweetheart, you?re a big girl now. You don?t need to be looked after anymore. Unfortunately, Kyp doesn?t see that. He still sees you as that young girl he mentored and protected, and feels that with you back in his life, he needs to resume that role.

?Kyp and I have become, as I?m sure you know, very close over the past few years. Our relationship has evolved over time to something different than originally intended. I find that I am quite fond of him, more so than I ever expected, and the thought of not having him in my life is simply?unbearable.

?Since your arrival here, matters have been strained between Kyp and me. He?s been spending so mu

10. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oi, the evilness! That woman has some nerve.

I wonde how long it would take for Jaina to kill her if they were locked in a room together!

11. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    OMG, you can just hear all the dramatic 'to be continued next time' soap opera music! Nice cliffie! No wonder why Jaina went to extremes and Kidnapped Kyp! I'd steal him away too, and do him the favour of rescuing him from that evil Li! Great Postie Val!

~Goddess Jaina~

12. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow you wrote that fast.

?Thought I would bend over and take it, did you?? I asked with a sneer. ?I?m a Solo, and Solos don?t bend over for anybody.? =D= =D= =D= =D= Go Jaina! That is my favorite line ever.

Do we get more soon?

13. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Elfsheen--I wonder how long it would take for Jaina to kill her if they were locked in a room together!

I'm very tempted to do just that...no holds barred. he-he-he

GoddessJainaSoloFel---OMG, you can just hear all the dramatic 'to be continued next time' soap opera music!

I know...kinda cheesy...but, like I said, I can't help myself![face_batting]

princess melissa--That is my favorite line ever.

I'm so glad you liked it. I wondered how it would go over even though I thoroughly enjoyed writing it. [face_dancing] That little scene actually turned out a bit differently than I originally intended. At first, I didn't plan on Jaina being quite so defiant, but she refuses to 'bend over' and take it! ;)

14. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    :_| :eek: Li' is beyond eivl. Kyp would never even think about her....would he? Point to Jaina for the fight. Point to Li' for winning. Errrr,she makes me want to fly to(insert planet they are on) And blow her up! Can't wait until naext post. Will Jaina ever get revenge....well,she already has. I bet Jaina has another thing coming for Li' when they go back.

15. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I am so happy to see this story again, cause nobody writes Kyp like you Val.=D= 7.

16. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Ok. I've been reading on and off. Kind of interested until now. Now I'm very interested.

I don't think I have seen a chick fight in a story yet. This is starting to really heat up.

To be honest I don't want Kyp with either woman.:p But I'll be checking to see who comes out victorious. I know the title shows J/K but hey, it doesn't have to be a good J/K, right?

I'm hoping that just when Jaina and Kyp get to talk, that their ship is hailed from the authorities that Li'andria has contacted upon learning of his abduction. [face_devil]

Gotta go. But I'll be back when you update.

17. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Genimay-- Jaina has all kinds of ideas about how to get even. What she'll finally decide on, I'll never tell.[face_shame_on_you]...well, eventually, of course, just not now! ;)

Jedi7--I am so happy to see this story again, cause nobody writes Kyp like you Val. 7

Hey, 7! It's so good to see you in here! And thanks for the compliment. I love Kyp and have only begun to go where I want to with him in this story. I hope I can get there by the end!

Lola64--Now I'm very interested. Glad I finally hooked you. [face_dancing]

it doesn't have to be a good J/K, right? ...no...it doesn't...

And do you think I would interrupt them again?????O:) LOL!

18. annabella79

annabella79 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    :eek:

Grrrr.... Li'andra is so.... strangle-able (word?).

19. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Up...postie soon? *is impatient*

20. KnightJaina

Apr 24, 2004
    Still amazing! I can't wait for more....*hint hint* ;)

-K. Jaina

21. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Working on it...

22. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    *munches on chicken sandwitch, waiting for more*

If the tramp doesn't end up miserable by the end of this fic, I'm going to have to protest loudly.

Go, Jaina! Get thy revenge!

23. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
  24. KnightJaina

Apr 24, 2004
    Just dropping by to give you a friendly push up. [face_dancing]

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Ah! The whole gang is swarming back (including Chris! [face_devil] :eek: Everyone run and hide!)!

I'm so glad you're posting again, val. This is so much fun! What women in their right mind wouldn't fight over Kyp? And it's so much fun to watch, if only because we know that the Sword of the Jedi will get her man in the end. Li' is so evil, and so much fun to read. And clueless Kyp is adorable. You're definitely as great of a writer as ever!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.