main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :_| :_| :_|

No! I can't believe you killed Obi-Wan! And I thought you were a friend! :mad:

Wow! And I thought you said you had trouble writing action! You lie, methinks!

Powerful ending, and I understand, but still :_|

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh....:eek: totally wowzers there!!

Poor Obi :(

At least Anakin and Padme are together...but for how long??

Great job on Palps by the way!! :D

Poor Obi :( Poor Anakin...lost his mum now his 'father/brother' how sad!!

Awesome work!!! =D= A pity it is the end! Can't wait for the epilogue! :D

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    *Gina peeks around corner of thread, watching out for flying tomatoes and rotten fruit being hurled by the Obi-Wan fans.* :p

First of all, let me say that I love Obi-Wan, too, and I never intended to kill him at the beginning, or even the middle, of the story. As I wrote the last few chapters, though, it just seemed inevitable.*sniff*

Thanks for reading everyone!
    :) [face_love]

Jedikma

Thank you! :)

But...but...Obi-Wan!!!!

I know. :_| :_|

JediStarMoonstruck

And the award for most impressive use of emoticons goes to?JSM! *Gina hands JSM her golden smiley-face trophy*

Thanks so much for reading. :D Believe me, I didn't enjoy writing Obi-Wan's death. It just had to be done for the story. *sniff*

Koori

Yes, Ríane has already had a lot to deal with ? losing his mother, being uprooted from his home to go live with a father he had never known. Losing that father will put even more strain on him. How he will choose to deal with it is the real question.

I can't believe this story is almost over. I'll miss the small giggle I always feel when I discover an update.

That is so kind, Koori! [face_blush] I'm glad you enjoyed the story that much. :D

LaYa_

Obi's dead! I'm actually crying..

Believe me, I cried when I had to write it. :_|

Thanks for reading, LaYa_!

Sabe126

I?m crying too! Just brilliant Gina. Right until the last moment I wasn?t sure if Anakin would turn.

Thank you. [face_blush] I'm glad I was able to make it suspenseful.

I can?t believe this is almost over.

Neither can I! I'll miss these characters. *sniff*

Master_Noi

NO! Obi-Wan!

Unfortunately, I had to do it. :_|

Thanks for reading! :)

obaona

Oh, that is so, so heartbreaking. Even worse because you made him your own, gave him life in this story, and then ...

Thank you. I try extremely hard to make the characters believable, so I consider that quite a compliment. [face_blush]

tangled_sphere

The stand-down between Palpatine, Anakin and Obi-Wan was just breath-taking and I had no idea where you were going to lead your readers!

Thank you! :D I tried to keep it suspenseful.

And Obi-Wan's death, so touching. I can't help but think of Riane and how they have grown together.

Again, thanks. I know that even though these are fictional characters, the entire time I was writing that scene, I just kept thinking about how Ríane would be devastated, having now lost both parents. It's easy to get attached to characters. ;)

JalendaviLady

I can't believe I just read all that in one three-hour sitting.

Gina, I may not like some of the things you did to people in this, but YOU ROCK!

Thank you! [face_blush] I'm flattered you enjoyed it enough to read it all in one sitting. :D

And I think I know what the baby on the way will be named...

;)

JediMasterRev

This was an excellent post, Gina. I especially enjoyed the action sequence, as well as your descriptions. Awesome, awesome stuff.

Thank you. [face_blush] I'm a viggie writer, so writing the action sequence took a lot of sweat and tears. :p My awesome beta, jazz wouldn't let me quit until it was right! I'm glad you liked it.

Sad to see this story coming to conclusion, but have enjoyed it immensely throughout its entirety. Hope to see more from you soon!

Thank you very much! That's very kind. :D

Kazzy

but thank god Padme was there to pull Anakin back up when he went over the edge. I hope she's all right though.

Somehow, it just seemed?right? that Padmé should be the one to save him from the abyss and, essentially, from becoming Vader.

Oh no! Obi-Wan's dead. I cried as I read that.

Although I don't enjoy making readers cry, I'm glad I was able to make the scene emotional.

Thanks, Kazzy. :)

Marmida

WHYWHYWHYWHY???!!!
    *SNIFSOB*
    It´s so unfai

4. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Many thanks to my beta, jazz.

Epilogue

Three months later

Boba Fett sat in a corner of the dark, crowded club, watching the politician who was gesturing wildly on the HoloNet screen recessed in the wall above him with only a passing interest. He could not care less who the Senate had chosen as its new leader or about the debate raging concerning the fate of the Clone Army. All that mattered to him was the fact that his employer, Palpatine, was dead, and he was now a free, and quite wealthy, man.

He stood up, tossing a handful of credits onto the table, walked out into the night and was immediately lost amidst the crowd of varying species filling the streets. And that was just the way he liked it. With his last employer, and credits, no longer being an issue, Boba had decided to enjoy a life of indulgence for a short time, sampling the nightlife and enjoying the company of women on a few of the galaxy's more notorious planets.

A few blocks later, Boba stepped through the main entrance of a guest establishment. He turned down the left corridor and stopped at the fifth door, punching in the entry code for the room he had rented for a few days. He stepped into the room and immediately noticed the hooded figure seated in a far corner. Boba reached for the weapon in his holster, but the voice stopped him.

"If your father could see you now, he would be most disappointed. Carousing your way through the galaxy when there is still work to be done."

Boba's eyes narrowed as he recognized the voice. "You're supposed to be dead," he said slowly.

"I am sorry to disappoint you," the figure replied sardonically.

As Boba watched, the figure shifted, the lights from the street below briefly illuminating the face under the hood. The bounty hunter fought to control the contents of his stomach as he caught a glimpse of the burned and scarred man beneath. "I don't understand. How did you survive?" he pressed further.

"The matter and means of my survival are not of importance to you, I'm afraid," Palpatine dismissed the question with a wave of his charred, shriveled hand. "What should concern you, however, is the matter of your terms of employment, and your failure to fulfill your obligation to me."

Boba swallowed hard. "I did my part. I planted the explosives, killed Organa and brought Skywalker's wife to you. Besides, Skywalker was restored to the Jedi Order and Knighted. He will never ? "

"I am no longer concerned with Anakin Skywalker," Palpatine interrupted. "He will of course pay dearly for what he has done, but my hope for a new apprentice no longer lies with him."

Boba shook his head in confusion. "But you said he was the only one."

"No," Palpatine hissed. "There is another."

Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker stood on the landing platform, watching as his wife embraced the young boy beside them.

"I wish you would reconsider, Ríane," she said as she released him. "Anakin and I would love for you to remain here with us. You are part of our family now, too."

Ríane smiled sadly at her. "I know," he whispered, "but I can't stay here. It?it hurts too much."

Anakin stepped forward, and Ríane hugged him warmly. As they broke apart, Anakin held out a slender box.

"I know he would want you to have this," Anakin said softly.

Ríane looked up at his friend, uncertainty in his eyes. "I?I can't take this, Anakin," he said sadly, "the Council ?".

"Yes, Ríane, you can." Anakin interrupted, nodding firmly. "I may be a Knight now, but that doesn't mean that I agree with the Council regarding every matter. Besides, there is no need for the Council to ever know," he said as he gave a conspiratorial wink, but his voice soon grew somber. "Jedi do not possess many material possessions, Ríane, but you deserve to have something of your father's with you, to remember him and honor his memory."

Tentatively, Ríane reached out and took the box from Anakin's grasp. He slowly opened the lid and lovingly touched the metal cylinder lying within. In

5. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    First you kill off Obi-Wan, then you have Palpy go after Riane. You are evil, Gina. :) Lovely ending. Can't wait to see what happens next.

EDIT: WOAT! First Reply! :D

6. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    :eek: :eek: :eek: Palpatine is still alive!!?? And now after Riane? :eek: :mad:

Does this mean a sequal? :D

Loved the ending with the baby kicking. And they will name the boy Obi-Wan. :)

Wow, spectacular story, Gina!!! You did such a great job with the whole thing and I enjoyed every bit of it.

=D= =D= =D=

Doesn't it feel great to wrap a story up? :D And this one was very long! Congratulations!

[:D]

7. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Great. First you kill Obi-Wan and now you have Corpse alive and after his son. Joy joy.

But great fic! I just want to know why???????? :( :(

*hugs Obi-Wan plushie*

8. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Very evil ending, Gina. I'm definitely in suspense now with what you will do to follow this story up. Bittersweet to see Riane go, but Ani and Padme decided to name their unborn son Obi-Wan. Great, great story. Can't wait to read the sequel. PLease don't keep us in suspense for too long :).

9. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    You are evil. Completely evi lto leave us like that. But that means there'll be a sequel, right? Please?

I promised myself that I'd go to bed after reviewing this and I'm too tired to write much thoughtful content. But I loved the story- the entire thing- and I sincerely hope that there will be a sequel.

10. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    My goodness.
    But why Palpy have to survive! :mad: Can´t he just kick air and die? I really hate every sith in the universe! (or maybe not Vader and Revan)
    Poor Riane and Anakin. Sweet little braid in the box!
    Aww. I just love small, soft things... :p
    Marmida

11. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I can only echo what others have said. It is very evil to kill off Obi-Wan and then have Palpy take off after his son. :_|

It would be even more evil to leave this hanging without a sequel. ;)

12. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great epilogue!!!

But.. but... Palpy is going after Ríane... [face_worried] Does this mean you'll write a sequel? Please? [face_praying]

13. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Wow. It's like the end of an era.

Anyhow, many "you're welcomes" to you and thanks as well for giving me the honor of beta-ing your story.

Wonderful job, Gina! I can't wait to read what you come out with next!

jazz

14. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Palpatine surviving was a shock! The gift Anakin gave Riane was so lovely, as is naming their new baby after Obi-Wan.

I loved your twist to the saga! Please say there is going to be a sequel?! :)

15. Gina

Jun 3, 2003

Well, it's finished. *sniff*

I just wanted to express my gratitude to everyone who has read, reviewed and lurked on this story. There are many, many wonderful stories and authors on these boards, and I am just grateful that you made this one of the stories that you chose to read. [face_love] [:D]

Gina

Koori

You are evil, Gina.

I know. [face_devil] LOL

Thanks for reading and for all your kind words, Koori. :D

Jedikma

Palpatine is still alive!!?? And now after Riane?

Yes, and yes. ;)

Does this mean a sequal?

I have the feeling if I started writing a sequel, my husband would hide my computer away under lock and key. :p

I hadn't planned on writing a sequel, but I'm not ruling it out. Right now, though, I want to finish the Obi story I'm working on with VaderLVR64 before I start another full-length story. I don't know if my poor brain could handle two at once. LOL!

Wow, spectacular story, Gina!!! You did such a great job with the whole thing and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Doesn't it feel great to wrap a story up? And this one was very long! Congratulations!

Awww! Thank you very much! And yes, it does feel great. I looked back at the first post a few days ago and couldn't believe it's been almost 11 months since I started this story!

Thanks again for all your wonderful comments throughout the story. :D

JediStarMoonstruck

*Gives JSM a big hug and a nice soft Anakin plushie to go with her Obi plushie* Everything will be alright. Just because Palpy is after Ríane doesn't mean he will find him. Well, he probably will, but maybe not. ;)

Seriously, though, thank you so much for reading and for all your kind reviews! :D

JediMasterRev

Very evil ending, Gina. I'm definitely in suspense now with what you will do to follow this story up. Bittersweet to see Riane go, but Ani and Padme decided to name their unborn son Obi-Wan. Great, great story. Can't wait to read the sequel.

Glad you enjoyed the ending. [face_devil] It was bittersweet to see Ríane leave, but the Temple held too many bad memories for him to stay. Like I mentioned in my comments to Jedikma, I hadn't really planned on a sequel?but maybe.

Thank you so much for reading the story and for all your comments. :D

Alethia

You are evil. Completely evi lto leave us like that.

I know. [face_devil]

But that means there'll be a sequel, right?

I don't know. Maybe?but not right away. ;)

But I loved the story- the entire thing

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Thanks so much for your comments, and welcome to the boards. :D

Marmida

Poor Riane and Anakin. Sweet little braid in the box!
    Aww. I just love small, soft things...

Thanks. It just seemed appropriate that Ríane should have something belonging to Obi-Wan.

Thanks so much for reading the story and for your comments. :D

Master_Noi

I can only echo what others have said. It is very evil to kill off Obi-Wan and then have Palpy take off after his son.

I know, but I couldn't help it. ;) My favorite books and movies have always been those that, just when you think everything is resolved and there is this at least somewhat happy ending, you get thrown another curveball that leaves you wondering.

It would be even more evil to leave this hanging without a sequel.

Maybe? :)

Thanks for reading the story and for all your kind reviews. :D

LaYa_

Great epilogue!!!

But.. but... Palpy is going after Ríane... Does this mean you'll write a sequel? Please?

Thanks, glad you liked it. I hadn't planned on a sequel, but I may write one, but not immediately. I'm flattered that several readers enjoyed the story enough to want to read a sequel. :)

Thanks so much for reading and for all your comments throughout the story. :D

Jazz_Skywalker

Wow. It's like the end of an era.

LOL! I know.

Anyhow, many "you're wel

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay Palps is alive! :eek: Whoa... did I juz say that?? [face_not_talking] Jeez shame on me!!

[face_mischief] Ahhh but if he is alive and is interested in Riane...then indeed perchance a sequal down the road could be in order. But I whole heartedly understand about waiting until the other is done. Doing more than one at a time can be hard...let alone collaborating another at the same time! hehehe :)

=D= Well done! Great job on this story! I soooo enjoyed the characters and OCs too! :D Thanks so much for sharing it with us!! [face_love]

17. Padme__Skywalker31

Padme__Skywalker31 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    I just had to come out and say what a great story this has been, i have been lurkering through it but i had to say something now u left the story wiv Palpatine still ALIVE!!!!!

So im here to say i cant wait for the sequel take your time, i dont might waiting. :D

18. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    You just blew me away Gina! When Palpy steps in to talk to Boba :eek:

SEQUEL!!! :D Please? [face_praying] Wonderful story =D=

19. Gina

Jun 3, 2003

Kynstar

Yay Palps is alive! Whoa... did I juz say that?? Jeez shame on me!!

That's all right. I'll overlook it this time. :p

Well done! Great job on this story! I soooo enjoyed the characters and OCs too! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!

Thank you, Kynstar. [face_blush] I really do appreciate that. Thanks also for all your wonderful comments throughout the story. :D

Padme_Skywalker31

just had to come out and say what a great story this has been, i have been lurkering through it but i had to say something now u left the story wiv Palpatine still ALIVE!!!!!

Hi! Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. :)

So im here to say i cant wait for the sequel take your time, i dont might waiting.

That's very kind. Thanks again for reading and for your comments, and welcome to the boards. :D

tangled_sphere

You just blew me away Gina! When Palpy steps in to talk to Boba

Thanks! [face_blush] I'm glad it surprised you. ;)

SEQUEL!!! Please? Wonderful story

Again, I thank you. As I mentioned in previous author replies, I'm honored some people enjoyed the story enough to want to read a sequel. I am so grateful for all your wonderful reviews throughout the story! :D

20. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    So Riane is the one Palpy is after? Or is it Padme and Anakin's new baby? I suspect Riane because he's got all that anger and pain still running around inside of him. Sure he's a nice kid now, but so was Anakin once upon a time, and he still (somewhat briefly) turned to the Dark Side. The Jedi Council is making another mistake, but at least they brought Anakin back in.

Brilliant, brilliant story Gina, truly.

21. Gina

Jun 3, 2003

Kazzy

So Riane is the one Palpy is after? Or is it Padme and Anakin's new baby? I suspect Riane because he's got all that anger and pain still running around inside of him.

Yes, it is Riane he is after, and for all the reasons you just mentioned. ;) And you are right about the Council making another mistake. Riane does have a lot in common with Anakin, and the Council should have realized that it would make much more sense to be sensitive to Riane's situation and allow him the option of joining the Order (which I don't know if he would even accept) and trying to teach him, rather than allowing him to run amuck across the galaxy with his combination of pain, anger and abilites.

Brilliant, brilliant story Gina, truly.

Thanks, Kazzy. [face_blush] That's very kind, and I appreciate all your wonderful reviews throughout the story. :D

22. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Why *whaps Palpy with lightsaber* can't you *whaps again* stay *whap* dead! *whaps him again for a good measure*

Excellent story Gina. Although you are entirely evil leaving it open for a sequel like that.

And *starts whapping again* stay away *whap* from Riane! *whap*

23. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Excellent story Gina.

Thank you! :D

Although you are entirely evil leaving it open for a sequel like that.

I know. ;)

Thanks for reading and for your review, kateydidnt. I really appreciate it. :)

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    AACK! Now that just screams for a sequel and I think that a lot of your readers will join me in making your life miserable until you give in and write one! :D

Amazing! Simply amazing...

25. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    VaderLVR64

Thank you. [face_blush]

I'm not saying there won't be a sequel, but I just want to give what little brain I have left a chance to rest first. LOL

Again, I want to sincerely thank you for all your encouragement and support for this story, K. [:D] [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.