main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Absolving the Past" (An Original Trilogy/ Episode 1 crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Master Mara Jade, Jun 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Sorry for the delay. The forums were down when I was online yesterday, and I decided to undertake yet another SW movie marathon.

If anyone wants to help me write this thing and/or figure out some of the finer plot points, email me at mailto:alyssi111@aol.com">alyssi111@aol.com . It's turning out to be kind of a big job, and I can always use some help.
    Note: DON'T add on to this without asking me!

Thanks for replying, everyone!

Luke Skywalker was falling. Faster than the speed of light, and for way too long.

Now he could see the ground. It was light gray, obviously the inside of some vast core. He seemed to be stuck in a circular tube. Therefore, there was nothing to grab onto. The walls were smooth and unhelpful, and the ground did not look like a soft landing.

On the ground, Luke saw flashes of color. Light blue...florescent green...red. Blood red. Vader?

But the terror was too severe for Luke to concentrate on much. He couldn?t stop himself from falling, as he had hoped. The force of gravity overpowered any of the tricks he had learned from Yoda. Besides, Jedi powers didn?t work if a person was in the grips of pure panic.

The walls were rushing by. So fast...

Vaguely, Luke noticed that the ground was closer. Somehow, this thought was not comforting.

The only choice he had now was to hope....Luke closed his eyes and prepared for the end.

Mara?s side was a fiery blast of torment. The double-sided lightsabre had burned down her left side with disturbing ease, leaving a nasty open wound in its wake. The Sith had marked her with a two-foot burn, taking her out of the fight. The pain was sharp and prolonged. It was causing black spots to float over her vision, nearly making her black out.

Mara pressed her lips together, squeezed her eyes shut, and rolled up in a ball. She took fast, shallow breaths, trying to shunt away some of the agony.

Gradually, her vision cleared. Cautiously, she opened her eyes. Her side still felt like it was on fire, but it was more bearable now. She stared up at the wall, trying to regain her normal breathing pattern.

Suddenly, she opened her eyes wider. Something was falling towards her!

The involuntary breath she?d drawn caused a fresh lick of fire in her chest, but Mara was too distracted to care.

Quickly, the object grew in her eyes. It became obvious that ?it? was a person. Even more obviously, the person was right above her. As in, he was going to fall on her.

Mara squirmed backward, each movement giving her a fresh burst of pain. She hoped fervently that the Sith would decide to stay up where he was.

The young man hurtled closer.

Luke was trying frantically to slow down his fall. He applied every Jedi technique he had ever learned, combined them, and made up new ones.

Finally, he opened his eyes, took a deep breath, and braced himself.

Mara felt the impact as if a Death Star had fallen on her. Luckily, the man had fallen mostly on her legs, not on her burn. As if any of this can be considered lucky.

She pulled herself onto her elbows and peered over at the limp form. His head was rested across her knees, and his arms were stretched out on either side. Almost as if he had tried to catch himself...

Slowly, he opened his eyes and stared dazedly at her. Mara saw him try to work his mouth, but nothing came out except a faint whisper.

Now that she had a good look at him, there was something familiar about this man.

The next scene has been giving me some trouble, but I am working on it...

JMMJ

[This message has been edited by Jedi Master Mara Jade (edited 06-16-2000).]

2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    You'd better hurry it up JMMJ!! I'm waiting... (BTW I LOVED that last scene,ti was so cute, Lukie falling on his wifetobe. )

3. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    This is wicked awesome, Jedi Master Mara Jade!

So where's Obi-Wan, and when can he get involved in yet another love triangle? hee hee. Loved that last part--I'm in absolute agreement--Luke falling on his wife-to-be is just the kind of thing that would happen to them

I'm absolutely enthralled Keep it up!

=jaded=

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Keep working on your next post. this is great stuff.

5. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    "So are you going to get off of me or were you just getting comfortable?"

sorry couldn't resist. this is so awesome.

6. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    I Love Sci Fi you took the words right out of my mouth!!!! This is great, please write more!!!

7. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    I Love Sci Fi and Amidala22 I also thought about that quote from SotP!
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"So are you going to get off of me or were you just getting comfortable?""
    IT'S PERFECT FOR THIS SCENE!"
    JMMJKeep up the good work!

TRMJ

http://www.terravista.pt/Copacabana/5274/love.gif

8. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    I don't know what I want to see next...
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>Amidala and Leia realizing they are mother and daughter;
    <LI>Mara and Luke talking/falling in love with each other;
    <LI>Vader killink Jar Jar...
    </UL>
    All I know is that I WANT MORE...PLEASE JMMJ!

TRMJ

http://www.terravista.pt/Copacabana/5274/love.gif

9. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
  10. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Must satisfy post craving with more story.

11. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    I love it when people post here...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>So, are you going to get off me, or were you just getting comfortable?

Yeah, I thought of that line from SotP, too... . Actually, I was rereading it when I wrote that (I finished it and Vision of the Future over the weekend).

But I didn't want to totally plagerize from Zahn...he has sole custody of that line. Also, Mara in Hand of Thrawn is a much different character than she is here or in Zahn's first trilogy, and she doesn't know Luke, and that line is something she would say to a friend, not a total stranger. It was tempting, though.

For the record, I didn't plan for that to happen...it just sort of did.

And Obi-Wan? Guess he's still inside the "laser" (a la Dr. Evil ). Must be ready to tear down the walls by now, for more reasons than one...

Jar Jar? Ugh. I think he's still making a fool of himself with the rest of the Gungans. I don't really want to acknowledge him in this story. (Although having Vader kill him isn't a bad idea )

I'm writing about Han next (he's here too!). Hopefully I can finish the post today, if and when I get more time on the computer.

Great apologies for all hopeless babbling.

JMMJ

12. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Writing airfights is not my cup of tea, so I apologize for all inconsistencies and would appreciate it if you tell me what they are, so I can fix them.

Han Solo opened his eyes hesitantly, again reveling in the fact that he could see. He stared at the peaceful black vista sprinkled with stars for a minute, feeling grateful to be alive.

Wait...I?m in space?! Han?s mind suddenly came alive and screamed at him. He was supposed to be on Endor! Luke and Leia had just been chatting pointlessly with him, and he had been dreading the Ewok ?meeting? they had been invited to. Han remembered a flash of light, and that was all.

Had the explosion blown him out into space?

Han quickly dismissed that possibility. He was in a ship, somehow. A strange ship, but a ship nonetheless. Scanning the foreign controls, Han wrinkled his brow. No ship he had seen in the last few decades had such simple controls as this one. And Han had seen a lot of ships in his life.

The ship only had two functions he could see: a simple joystick-like device obviously meant for steering and a small screen with a thumb trigger below it. No inertial compensator controls, no shielding numbers, and no hyperspace. The first two were obviously automatically controlled, but the latter was disturbing; it meant no escape from this place.

Han took a deep breath and carefully worked the stick. The ship started with a jolt, smacking Han backwards in his seat. Inadequate inertial compensators...

Reluctantly, the ship looped around. Han?s eyes widened as he noticed a huge

(space station?)

Death Star-like object ahead of him. Small ships were swarming around it, obviously engaged in a dogfight of some kind. Smooth yellow ships dominated the vacuum, with droid ships interspersed between.

Han shook his head in confusion. Which side was which? How was he supposed to know who to shoot?

Sitting in his craft, still fighting the sharp shock, Han almost didn?t notice the fighter streaking toward his left side. The ship was flying as if it was out of control, spinning wildly. Kind of like those crazy Rogue Squadron pilots, he thought fleetingly.

Another simile he could recall was the TIE fighters. Although the Empire?s best were often put in those fighters, the ?eyeballs? still had the highest death percentages in recent history. A large percentage of this was because the TIEs had no shields, providing no possible escape from the battle they were fighting.

Han was about to fly further away from the melee of various fighters when he sighted a stream of laser fire spitting from the yellow craft. The fire was heading right toward him!

Dodging the fire, Han looped over the other ship, behind his opponent. The simple maneuver caused an unusual amount of vertigo. However, his new position let him fire against the other while avoiding forward fire -

- Han?s little ship shuddered violently as another ship caught him in the side. This one was also yellow and round, obviously on the same side as Han?s original opponent. Okay, boys and girls, it?s time to bail.

Throwing a wary glance behind him, Han violently thrust his stick straight forward, bracing himself for the acceleration -

-only to crash right into his original opponent. Han swore and tried to stabilize his wildly bucking ship.

Finally, the ship stopped jerking. It gave one final lurch before ceasing.

Completely.

Han hit the dead controls a few times before he accepted the inevitable. His ship was dead in space.

Uh.. my top icon's kind of a hint here...

JMMJ

[This message has been edited by Jedi Master Mara Jade (edited 06-20-2000).]

13. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    ( I used that icon too! ) ) Wahoo!!!!!!!!!! SHE POSTED MORE!!!!!!!! I loved that last post, now hurry up and show us more Lukie or Vader or Leia.. just post!

14. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Yes a post to satisfy my craving.

15. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Oh joy! There is more! But we also need MORE after this! Keep up the great job--back to Luke and Mara perhaps? Oh please?

=jaded=

16. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    MORE!! mad.gif

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I like it.

Post more, post more, post more.

18. Ghitsa

Ghitsa Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2000
    Need More!!!! Neeed More!!!

19. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Keep it up. The story is great. So again I say keep it up.

20. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Apologies for the long delay. I had to spend some time trying to figure out this timeline (which obviously is very different that the real TPM one) and how to make it all work out. Again, if anyone would be willing to help me figure it out, I'd be much obliged.

Oh, and sorry, 'tis kind of a short post. I will try to update tomorrow (yes, we're returning to the 'sabre fight) before the forum closes down at 12. Or maybe if I have time tonight. Otherwise, see ya on Wednesday!

Leia sidled up next to the dark-haired woman who seemed to be in charge here. Her head was still spinning wildly, and the flash still sprinkled spots across her vision, but there was no time to relax or find her bearings. Blaster clutched tight in her hand, she gazed sharply at the door, where a group of aliens she was unfamiliar with had appeared.

?Neimoidians,? the girl murmured to Leia. ?They chose to invade the wrong planet.?

Sounds like the Empire and Alderaan. Leia gave the young girl a look of sympathy and understanding. For a minute the tough exterior seemed to falter, showing a look of raw fear in the maroon-clothed girl?s eyes. Then the cover resumed itself.

?They?re here.? The quick cue was spoken with a mix of dread and resignation. Leia turned toward the door again, and saw a dozen flimsy-looking droids marching toward them.

Leia was struck by how much they resembled the stormtroopers she was too familiar with. Both armies were obviously mindless, depended on number rather than skill, and were painfully inadequate at shooting. ?What are we waiting for?? Leia asked the girl.

?Sabe,? she replied tightly. ?We need a distraction. She needs to be here, and I don?t know what happened to the other group.?

Leia looked back forward. The droids were surrounding them. Scanning her new allies, she noticed with a jolt that she and her companion were the only ones who were armed. Leia was good with a blaster, but she couldn?t shoot a dozen droids single-handedly!

Finally, her partner nodded. ?It?s time. I don?t think Sabe is coming.? She inclined her head toward the droids. ?Shoot them only, and don?t try for the Neimoidians. Assassinating the viceroy won?t do anyone any good.?

Leia aimed her blaster at the droid in front of her. Carefully, she let off the first shot.

Just as every muscle in her body seemed to stiffen simultaneously. Luke! she shouted mentally. Something had happened to him, and she couldn?t do a thing about it!

Gradually, her panic subsided. He wasn?t dead. He was okay. Leia took a handful of deep breaths before turning her attention back to the fight around her. Glancing at her blaster, she noticed her finger holding the trigger in a death grip.

Pushing the sickening feeling out of her mind, Leia aimed again, slightly amazed to see that there were only four droids left. Evidently, her compatriot was an accomplished fighter.

Again, Leia focused ahead. Catching a glimpse of one of the aliens, she tried for the droid guarding him.

Another bolt flew in front of her face, causing Leia to start in surprise. The unexpected flash confused her aim. Leia stared in shock, a tingle rushing through her body. That wasn?t supposed to happen! some part of her screamed, as she watched the Neimoidian fall.

Will fix lines...I cut and paste this story cause I don't trust either my computer or the JC server, which eats things up at will.

JMMJ

[This message has been edited by Jedi Master Mara Jade (edited 06-24-2000).]

21. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Oh, how exciting! I liked the mother/daughter interaction Keep it up--I hope you'll be able to write more before the big server move, but if not--in the free time, maybe write a bunch more? Hmm? Hmm?

Wooo! Great job!

=jaded=

22. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    So glad you updated before the server gets changed. Keep up the good work!

23. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    UP! Please post more!

24. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Okay, Thursday then. Wasn't my fault; I had it written! :) This new server doesn't like me...for some reason it keeps logging me off. :makes a face that the thing won't process:

Hey, someone tell me what it is with these stars? Do they depend on how many posts you have? (I don't have a lot lately cause I didn't post for like the whole month of May cause it was so busy.)

Anyway, new post. :)

Obi-Wan Kenobi had never felt so completely helpless in his entire life. Everything was happening
    at once outside the laser, but he was behind it. Trapped, in the fullest sense of the word.

He was unable to help his Master, any way whatsoever. Judging from Qui-Gon?s previous
    encounter with this Sith, there was plenty to fear; the Sith teachings had evidently not lost an ounce
    of their intensity. He tightened his fists helplessly, every bit of him hoping against hope that it
    would somehow turn out okay...

And then these strangers had appeared. The woman was obviously well-trained and capable; her
    skillful actions earlier against her opponent had impressed Obi-Wan immensely. Each move she
    took, every expression she showed...it all seemed to be covered with a microlayer of confidence
    and assurance. Even many of the Jedi Masters occasionally lacked this type of conviction;
    Qui-Gon himself wasn?t nearly as smoothly assured all the time.

However, beneath the confidence, Obi-Wan could sense very little about this interloper. Strength
    was there as well, but she was hiding something. Reading other people?s thoughts was not
    something which came easily to him (that was Qui-Gon?s strength), but Obi-Wan could usually
    break shields after a bit of concentration.

Not her. The act of getting into this girl?s mind was futile. Even the outermost, unimportant
    thoughts were shrouded in gloom; try to go any further inward and a person would be snapped
    away easier than one of the Naboo swampflies that buzzed everywhere on this planet. She was
    not covered in darkness like the Sith she had fought; neither was she glowing off the light that
    seemed to emanate from Qui-Gon.

But a new voice had interrupted his thoughts. This new person was male, dressed in black, and
    was obviously young despite the worn, worried look he wore.

Also, he held a hint of darkness himself.

Nothing close to the Sith Lord?s imposing aura. This speck wasn?t even large enough to warrant
    such a comparison. No, it was more like a weight of knowledge, one that would not lift and could
    not be resolved.

A surge of apprehension made Obi-Wan look toward his Master, momentarily distracted from the
    two newcomers. Craning his neck, he caught a glimpse of brightness flashing above him. The
    fight had moved. Now it was taking place above him, on top of the laser tube. The momentary
    flash of relief this brought him - No danger from the melting pit, at least - was quickly
    overwhelmed by a horrifying revalation. Qui-Gon would have to fight the Dark One alone!

Something told Obi-Wan this wasn?t right. It should be me out there, fighting the Sith.

Surprise bubbled in the wake of that thought. Him? Why him? Qui-Gon was a Jedi Master; he
    was perfectly capable of defending himself. His skills surpassed Obi-Wan?s with no question.

No question...

Then why did he feel such a surge of dread?

A hissing sound interrupted Obi-Wan?s thoughts. The walls were finally going up! Heart jumping
    with a mixture of relief and anticipation, he burst out of his confinement. Giving only a minute?s
    thought and sympathy to the strangers lying injured on the floor - No distractions! - he raced up
    toward Qui-Gon.

From the outside, the tall man seemed to be fighting strongly, his defenses never wavering. But
    Obi-Wan could see past that. This bothers him. It tortures him with what Xanatos might have
    become,
    he realized, dashing another blow against the Sith.

We fought him to a draw before, and we will fight him to a draw now. Except o

25. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Ooookay. Guess I won't fix the lines then. :mad:

I didn't know there was a rule about them. Sorry sorry sorry!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.