main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Absolving the Past" (An Original Trilogy/ Episode 1 crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Master Mara Jade, Jun 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Great addition to your story. Please post more soon.

I think we will all be newbies for a while as we get use to the new board. At least I found the correct reply button.

2. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Bravisimo!!! A little Obi-Wan action is very welcome--I can't wait to see all the characters interact with each other. This is proving to be a very excellent story--I can't wait until there's more (hint hint)

=jaded=

3. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    I want to see Luke and Obi Wan fight over Mara, and then see her despising both of them! (At least for now...later she MUST stay with Luke! :) )

4. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    THIS IS A REPOST. THIS IS ONLY A REPOST.

I don't know about you, but my last post is really bothering me with it's form...so, being the perfectionist that I am, I'm reposting it, and trying to find out how the server works.

Feel free to skip over this if you want, just humor me. :)

Thoughts are in //. 'Kay?

__________________________________________________Obi-Wan Kenobi had never felt so completely helpless in his entire life. Everything was happening at once outside the laser, but he was behind it. Trapped, in the fullest sense of the word.

He was unable to help his Master, any way whatsoever. Judging from Qui-Gon?s previous encounter with this Sith, there was plenty to fear; the Sith teachings had evidently
    not lost an ounce of their intensity. He tightened his fists helplessly, every bit of him hoping against hope that it would somehow turn out okay...

And then these strangers had appeared. The woman
    was obviously well-trained and capable; her skillful actions earlier against her opponent had impressed Obi-Wan immensely. Each move she took, every expression she showed...it all seemed to be covered with a microlayer of confidence and assurance. Even many of the Jedi Masters occasionally lacked this type of conviction; Qui-Gon himself wasn?t nearly as smoothly assured all the time.

However, beneath the confidence, Obi-Wan could sense very little about this interloper. Strength was there as well, but she was hiding something. Reading other people?s thoughts was not something which came easily to him (that was Qui-Gon?s strength), but Obi-Wan could usually break shields after a bit of concentration.

Not her. The act of getting into this girl?s mind was futile. Even the outermost, unimportant thoughts were shrouded in gloom; try to go any further inward and a person would be snapped away easier than one of the Naboo swampflies that buzzed everywhere on this planet. She was not covered in darkness like the Sith she had fought; neither was she glowing off the light that seemed to emanate from Qui-Gon.

But a new voice had interrupted his thoughts. This new person was male, dressed in black, and was obviously young despite the worn, worried look he wore.

Also, he held a hint of darkness himself.

Nothing close to the Sith Lord?s imposing aura. This speck wasn?t even large enough to warrant such a comparison. No, it was more like a weight of knowledge, one that would not lift and could not be resolved.

A surge of apprehension made Obi-Wan look toward his Master, momentarily distracted from the two
    newcomers. Craning his neck, he caught a glimpse of brightness flashing above him. The fight had moved. Now it was taking place above him, on top of the laser tube. The momentary flash of relief this brought him - //No danger from the melting pit, at least// - was quickly overwhelmed by a horrifying revalation. Qui-Gon would have to fight the Dark One alone!

Something told Obi-Wan this wasn?t right. //It should be me out there, fighting the Sith.//

Surprise bubbled in the wake of that thought. Him? Why him? Qui-Gon was a Jedi Master; he was perfectly capable of defending himself. His skills surpassed Obi-Wan?s with no question.

No question...

Then why did he feel such a surge of dread?

A hissing sound interrupted Obi-Wan?s thoughts. The walls were finally going up! Heart jumping with a mixture of relief and anticipation, he burst out of his confinement. Giving only a minute?s thought and sympathy to the
    strangers lying injured on the floor - //No distractions!// - he raced up toward Qui-Gon.

From the outside, the tall man seemed to be fighting strongly, his defenses never wavering. But Obi-Wan could see past that. //This bothers him. It tortures him with what Xanatos might have become,// he realized, dashing another blow against the Sith.

//We fought him to a draw before, and we will fight him to a draw now. Except one of the sides must tire eventually...and it isn?t going to be him.// A flash of urgent fear laced through his chest.

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awesome post, (Or shall I say posts? ;) ) Now after that great action scene.... I must have MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry for not being as frequent a reader as usual, I've been gone for a week.)

6. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    Lovin' it! Can't wait for more!

I wonder what will happen when little Ani shows up... :)

Sari

7. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    No problem, padawan lunetta...you have no idea how bad I am about reading something and then not responding. Though I *am* trying to break that habit. ;)

More posty...isn't it nice when you just get random ideas? :) Thoughts are in //whatever these are called// because we don't have ubb code anymore.

Y'know, I was thinking that it's probably not a good thing that I have written 99% of this story late at night...:D

Despite the intense pain still spouting from her wound; despite the distraction of the unconscious man who had just pummeled her legs; despite the nagging feeling she had that she was missing something...Mara heard it.

The call for help seemed to be propelled directly toward her. She knew where it was coming from, too - - who else would it be but the young man who had been watching this whole thing? The older Jedi had barely touched her mind, and the intruder had only projected his feelings of panic and then shock. Now he was closed up tighter than a Star Destroyer in hyperspace.

She felt an unexpected, intense aversion to the man next to her. It was close to dread, causing her to shrink away. His personality was magnetic; it would pull her in if she got too close.

Mara caught a glimpse of the chestnut - haired man again. His face was shining with sweat and worry. They needed help, and she was obligated to help them. But how?

Gingerly pulling her legs out from their pinned position, she winced at the furious throb. If a fall from that high up was painful for her, it had to be much worse for her companion.

Eyes bright with a combination of determination and torment, Mara rose to her knees. They wobbled initially but held her up. Taking a deep breath, she thrust out her left leg. Leaning to the right, she pulled herself up.

Blackness creeped in on the edges of her vision as the left ankle gave. Mara collapsed, gasping as her burnt left side grazed the floor.

Keeping her eyes closed, she inched over to the man in black. Laying her hand on his chest, she whispered urgently. ?Get up! You need to help.?

The eyes fluttered open, startling Mara with their deep blue. They seemed to be questioning and begging her at once. ?How?? The voice was dryer than Tatooine itself.

?You can fight; I can?t.?

?Wait.? He closed his eyes again. Mara wanted to scream. Why would he stall at a time like this?

Unexpectedly, he seized her hand. ?Help me heal.?

Mara felt her mind leaving her body, entering his. //He has Jedi powers!// she found out immediately. Unlike the other Jedi, however, he did not project his presence. Obviously, there was something he wanted to hide.

He directed Mara to the damaged area and gave her subtle instructions on how to aid in the process. Again, this mind was not flagrant and obvious like the others. It was more like one in hiding, barely concealing the bright Force which dominated him.

She projected her momentary puzzlement toward him, and started working quickly at healing his injuries. Suddenly, he seemed to smile, at least slightly.

//You can call me Luke.//

//Mara,// she tossed off quickly, only now remembering that he could see through her shields. A vague feeling of fear shot through her; no one had ever seen her real personality before. This kind of closeness went way beyond anything she?d ever tried, though Palpatine had schooled her in so many mind tricks she had trouble keeping them straight.

//Forget it!// she yelled at herself. She had work to do, and she had to do it fast. No time for dealing with emotions.

Something like a beam of pure light reached //Luke, his name is Luke!// and warmed him. Mara?s healing energies were low right now - - she had to use them on herself as well - - so she wouldn?t be able to finish the job as easily as usual.

But what she had to spare wasn?t enough! Mara tried to push the thought away, but it came back, carrying with it an air of alarming certainty.

Reluctantly, she diverted the strength she had been usi

8. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    Please, write more soon! It's unfair to let us hanging in here between posts! :)

9. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Absolutely wonderful!!! Can't wait to see more--when all the characters end up crossing paths--what drama will ensue? I'm biting my nails in anticipation for the next part. Keep it up!

**gets out pom poms**

Go Jedi Master Mara Jade!

=jaded=

10. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    You know, I don't know what I want to see first:
    1)Mara meeting Palpatine, on the celebration at the end of TPM;
    2)Luke realizing that the Jedi he is helping is Obi Wan;
    3)Leia realizing the girl she is helping is her mother;
    3)Luke and/or Leia meeting young Anakin
    4)VADER meeting young Anakin
    5)Vader meeting Amidala
    etc etc etc

11. Princess Sari

Jun 8, 2000
    Ooh... I love it! More please!

Sari

12. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awwww cute post!!! Jedi Master Mara Jade!! And 99% was written? LOL!! That means you have to post a lot, since I know you've got a lot written..... :D :D

13. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    Hi, JMMJ!

Nice story!

I've never posted on these new boards, so this is a sort of practice. I'll drop by later today, with the loads, you know :)

Hope I found the correct reply button. Dissen so confusing.

-NA

14. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Everyone give three cheers for NamelessAlien 'cause she was charitable enough to listen to my babbling on this story... :)

Hopefully, we can both get in a post today; I'm not going to do the duel, though the post shouldn't be too bad to write (I think I'm doing Han's POV).

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to all the people who posted. It's what makes this fun!

:D JMMJ

15. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    lol...

Yeah, I *wish* I had 99% written. :D Nah, I'm not that mean. I'm writing as I go along. I'm also finding out all these things I didn't plan on doing as I go along...

Okay then, I've got another rather short post. (sorry!)I didn't do it from Han's POV after all, but that's okay. Same situation. :) Oh, and I didn't write it b/t the hours of 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.! Aren't you proud of me?

PS~ did anyone else see the ugly boards this afternoon? Yuck!

?Artoo, are you sure you can?t do anything?? A symphony of sorrowful beeps answered him. Anakin?s fingers trembled. Suddenly, the exhilarating feel of flying was gone, replaced by the old coldness.

//Space is cold, Ani.//

He shook his head. As much as he would love to have Padme here, she had her own battle to fight.

Anakin gazed out his window, looking for a way out. *Any* way out. The only thing visible was the droid fighter drifting in front of him. //Like that?s going to help...//

He shut his eyes and felt the old fear running over him. This was bad. Really bad. Much worse than totaling Watto?s podracer or facing inevitable punishment. There, he would be on land, able to help himself.

But Anakin didn?t know much about space. Sure, he had experience repairing the spaceships at the shop, but that was nothing like doing it in space. He couldn?t reach the hyperdrive, couldn?t touch the engine. Anakin didn?t even have an idea as to what was wrong with the ship.

//Wait...// He suddenly remembered Qui-Gon?s advice. //Feel, don?t think, Ani. Use your instincts.// Remembering the Jedi Council and their advice, Anakin pushed away his fear. ?Be not afraid,? he murmured to himself, repeating one of Shmi?s most persistent disciplines.

Gradually, the world seemed to widen before him. The visible things, like the fighters and ships- they seemed to have feelings emanating from them. Anakin felt like a blind person just learning how to see.

To his surprise, there was *something* in the next ship.

Not just a ?something?. There was a person in there!

Anakin tried to figure out what it could be. Inexperienced as he was, he couldn?t do much more than stab out his awareness into space. As a result, Anakin was left with no idea who it could be.

Certainly not anyone he knew.

Suddenly, an idea flashed before him. Acting on his intuition, Anakin pushed the tiny button on the right of the controls. A burst of static made him jump, but he pressed it again.

Finally, florescent green words seemed to scroll across his screen. ?Which ship would you like to call??

Anakin hesitated for only a split second. ?Naboo fighter calling droid ship. Please come in, droid ship...?

Okay...next post will probably be the conclusion to the fight, unless the characters have something else planned...

16. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    JMMJ, I'm really glad I found this! I'm only on page one (though I fully intend to catch up!) and can't wait to read on! Great work!

17. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Hi, Musical! Glad you decided to stop by! :)

18. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Cool story JMMJ!! I can't wait to see how it all
    unfolds!

aa :D

19. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Short posts are okay. As long as you do lots of short posts!

More please.

20. Princess Sari

Jun 8, 2000
    Short post is better than no post at all. :)

Uppers!

Sari

21. NamelessAlien

Nov 25, 1999
    Okay, finally I got this thing work again.
    Here it is, with JMMJ's permission:

===========================================
    Yoda sat deep in meditation.

Yes, the inexplicable yet very distinct twist in the smooth flow of the Force was definitely there. And he was sitting in the very heart of it, waiting for the will of the Force to reveal itself. That is, at its heart from Coruscant's perspective, as he and the whole council had first detected it. On the spot it seemed as if the bright supernova of disturbance was divided into a number of smaller novas scattered around, yet they all centred around this planet.

The currents in the Force were shifting. The futures were changing. It was something Yoda had always known and taught to Jedi for centuries, that the future is in motion. Yet, for all his 800 and odd years, he had never actually /felt/ this so clearly around him, in him -- the flow of the Force taking another course.

This could have only one explanation.

The manifestation of the will of the Force. The Chosen One.

If Qui-Gon was right, then the Chosen One would be around here, within the centre of the disturbance.

Opening himself to the Force, the Jedi Master contemplated all the turbulent twirls, watching patiently, as they began to settle down, and things and their causes and results became clear to him now. With great confidence he pinpointed the spot where his service was most needed.

And he sat there and waited.

============================================

============================================
    Darth Vader strode through the swampy ground, trying to pick his way between mires and deep mud. Not that it really mattered any more. He was covered with dirt anyway, and he hated it. He had always felt a certain dislike towards anything that was not clean, cool, smooth, shiny - orderly. It made him irritable. Not the intoxicating, power-fulfilled anger, but gritty, foul-tasting irritability, which made him feel itchy in his armour.

He quickened his pace, trying to focus on anger.

Splash!
    The ground gave way under his feet and he found himself knee-deep in mud. He cursed.

A chuckle answered him from the nearby brush, and a figure emerged. Small and, damn him, familiar.

"You!" Vader hissed, staring in disbelief.

Yoda nodded solemnly. "I was expecting you, Skywalker."

"That name no longer has any meaning for me."

"Of little importance what you call yourself," Yoda interrupted him impatiently. "Expecting you I have been. Some things there are that must be said, and time is running out. Follow me."

Vader suddenly realised that he was still standing in the mire, sinking deeper with every moment. He crawled out, angry at the humiliation at having to do so under someone else's eyes. The mud voiced its reluctance to release its prey with a loud lurching sound.

Yoda cocked his head and looked at the tall figure before him, still chuckling. "Filthy you are, Chosen One."

Anger flared up in the Dark Lord. He wasn't one to be laughed at. His hand moved to his lightsabre, only to find that it was not there. Somewhere in his mind surfaced an unconscious memory of it getting caught in a brush and disappearing in the murky water. He reached out to the so familiar darkness and hurled it all towards the Jedi Master, hitting? nothing.

He collected himself. The constant itchy feeling of uncleanliness didn't let him concentrate. He pressed it to the back of his consciousness and cloaked himself in darkness once again. Powerfully it surged through him, around him, and he gave it will and direction.

Again nothing. It seemed as if the little green creature was invisible to his Force powers.

Yoda just stood there, leaning his chin on the gimer stick.

"Finished, you are?" he finally said. "Waste your efforts, you need not. Help clean the swamps it will not. Help clean yourself it will not. Follow me."

Abruptly he turned and walked away along a path that only he could see, poking at some plants with his stick, muttering absently: "Yes, yes, clear water to c

22. JadedBlade

JadedBlade Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2000
    :) This is great MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE etc. etc. I wanna see what Yoda's gonna do to Vader....and I wanna see what happens w/ Obi and Luke...will they recognize each other?

23. NamelessAlien

Nov 25, 1999
    Yeah, I wanna see too what Yoda's gonna do to Vader... :D

-NA

24. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Yayy, NamelessAlien! :) Nice posts.

Happy 4th of July, all!

No post today, but lots of fireworks...I think I'll finish the fight scene tommorrow, 'kay?

25. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Ooh la la! Double the authors = double the posts? :) I'm really enjoying this story if it isn't a little more than blindingly obvious at this point. Keep up the excellent job!

=jaded=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.