main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Absolving the Past" (An Original Trilogy/ Episode 1 crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Master Mara Jade, Jun 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    100th post?! YIPPEE! I'm taking it! Yeah!

Ooh... so Maul's *not* dead... ::smirk::

As for the poll: Luke and Mara definatly... but I think we need some interaction with Vader and Ami, it would be interesting to see how he reactes to her, and for that matter, if she realizes that he's Ani all grown up (I'm a sucker for the Ani/Ami relationship). Then, of course, there's everything that comes out of realizing that... Anyway, that's my two credits worth.

Sari

2. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    I really like this fic...=)
    And about the couple question: L&M, L&M, and L&M!!!! =)

3. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Move along, move along.

4. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    :crosses fingers:

Here's hoping this message posts...Mr. Server has been very disgruntled with me lately.

Told you I might have a surprise post! I figured this one out on a bike ride, and now I have quite a few scenes I want to do later...(and yes, I'm supposed to be studying now, but I finished early)

The "couples" question still stands, please tell me who you like best!

Luke watched numbly as the Dark Lord tumbled down the pit. Somehow, he knew that they would meet again; this wasn?t his last encounter with a Sith. Not to mention that there was still Vader to deal with...

Luke suddenly felt a prickly feeling wash over him. //Like I?m being watched...// He turned to meet the bright blue eyes of the young man he had aided.

He was looking at Luke with a mixture of awe and revulsion. ?You are not a Jedi. How did you
    defeat him??

Luke stared back warily. ?I?ve had some training. My Master said I have to,? he paused, catching the knot of fear and grief rising in his stomach, ?do one last thing before I become a real Jedi Knight.?

His companion nodded and looked away, not pushing the subject. Evidently he still felt something was wrong - Luke could feel the dubious questions blossoming inside of him - but he wasn?t going to push the point.

?Thank you,? he finally spoke up. He hesitated and seemed to overcome something. ?We couldn?t have survived without you. You saved Qui-Gon.? He nodded toward the older man.

?No problem. You owe me one, that?s all.? Luke thought fleetingly that he wasn?t being very professional - Leia would have reprimanded him for such behavior.

His companion had knelt down beside the older man. He prodded the wound on his forehead for a minute, then seemed to concentrate. Luke observed the Force moving, though. //He?s healing him,// he realized. Qui-Gon, that?s what the older man?s name was.

?So who are you?? Luke finally interrupted the silence as the younger man finished up.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi. Pleased to meet you,? he replied, sticking out a hand. Luke shook it, but then the entire magnitude of shock seemed to rain down on his head. //Obi-Wan? Ben?!? WHAT?//

?*Obi-Wan Kenobi?*? He practically was yelling. ?You?re supposed to be dead! I saw you die!? //Ouch,// he realized, //that probably was *not* such a good idea...//

?I?m certainly not dead,? he replied, looking faintly amused. ?I?m very much alive, believe it or not.?

?No.? Luke felt as if the reality he knew was being taken away. He was breathing in quick pants and he was sure his eyeballs looked like dinner plates at this point. ?I just talked to you - a much older you - in spiritual form. I know that Obi-Wan Kenobi is dead. I?ve come to accept that. But *you* are not Ben. Not even close.? An idea hit him. Of course. ?Are you his son??

?I didn?t know my parents,? Kenobi replied, ?but I know my last name is my mother?s. And she was an only child.? He raised an eyebrow, as if he didn?t know whether to believe Luke or not. ?I didn?t die. I think I would have noticed something like that.? His mouth quirked for a second; he plainly thought Luke was insane.

?Either way, we have to get out of here.? Kenobi continued. ?We should discuss this later. The queen is waiting for us; she needs our help. And I think Qui-Gon is coming to.? Sure enough, the older man?s eyes were fluttering.

Luke gazed around the small chamber, heart still jumping from his revalation. He didn?t know whether it was too good to be true...

The blast of emotion caught him before he realized who it was coming from. Of course. The
    woman who had healed him. Mara.

He quickly reached her side, eyes pinned on her ghastly pale face. She was still breathing, but her throat was raspy. She seemed to be struggling for every gasp. Luke caught his breath when he saw why.

A nasty burn ran across her side, only partially cauterized by a lightsabre.

Dread sliced through his heart as he realized that he had unintentionally

5. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    AHH! I am so excited! That was a great post. MORE MORE MORE! Tora tora tora! I'm jumping up and down in my seat. Is it too much to beg for another post tonight continuing this scene?

Ok, as I calm myself...favorite couple that aren't Luke & Mara? I like the whole meeting between Obi-Wan and Luke--I like seeing that interaction and seeing how they react to each other, especially if there's gonna be a love triangle thing going on :) I also like Amidala and Leia meeting--has great potential for angst and fuzzies and emotional stuff. WOOO.

Keep it up!

=jaded=

6. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    POST MORE!
    I'm going on vacation tomorrow and won't be able to read this fanfic for about 2 weeks! PLEASE POST MORE BEFORE I TRAVEL! =) =) =)

7. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    OOOo wow, post more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

8. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

This is really really good! Keep writing Keep writing!!!

aa :D

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Please please please continue this story. Now, is Vader still to become Vader? I nearly forgot about this story, then remembered how much I wanted to see how its come.

:)

10. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Thanks for posting, everyone!

Okay, I wrote a little post that takes place kind of near the end of the story...it's an An/Ami piece, so I posted it here:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=481939&page=2

(I don't know if the link will work; they changed all the addresses for no apparent reason; it's in "Tears of an Angel": Obsessed with A/A if it doesn't)

If you don't want to be spoiled or don't like A/A, I suggest you don't read it(though I don't think I dropped any *huge* hints).

I think the above (Luke/Obi) post is going to go through some rewriting before this story is done...any suggestions there?

Thanks again!

=D JMMJ

(NA, feel free to post when you like...I'm going to try and get one out on Thursday, maybe today if I have time)

11. Princess Sari

Jun 8, 2000
    YEAH! You posted! More scenes? ::jumps up and down, then looks around to make sure no one saw:: I can't wait!

---quote---
    ?You?re supposed to be dead!"
    -----------

hehe! What a way to say hello!

Sari
    who has, yet again, had too much Pepsi for her own good. ::smirk::

12. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    Just got caught up...this is great! I like how Ani and Han have been thrown together...and Luke accusing Obi-Wan of being dead...he, he, he...Anyway, you guys are awesome. MORE!

13. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    I just caught up with this story too-- wonderful work, JMMJ! I can't believe I didn't notice this before!

Oh, about the couples thing: well, I'm certain you know who *MY* preferred couple is. :)

14. QueenSkywalker

QueenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    Oooo, just found this story...it's rad!!!
    I'm so glad u didn't kill off Qui-gon :)
    Anyways, when r u gonna get back to Leia and Amidala? I can't wait to see how that turns out!

15. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    Back into the swamps with ya... okay, a slightly cleaner place. So JMMJ can rest today. :)

=============================================

Vader paced nervously, digesting what Yoda had just told him. Finally he stood before the Jedi Master, who seemed tinier than usual as he was sitting on a rock before the tall black figure towering high above him.

"To bring balance to the Force, more than one way there is," Yoda was saying.

"What can *I* do about it?" Vader asked.

"Return you must, to finish what you have to do."

No argument there. Staying wasn't in his plans anyway. "How?" he asked.

"Know that you do. The answer you have, only find it you must. And," Yoda continued, poking him with his gimer stick, until Vader batted it away and moved out of reach, "responsibility you have for all the others that came with you. Take them back safely you must. Soon. They do not belong here; the Force will not sustain them for long. Like alien organisms they are, rejected by the Force."

"Then let them. I did not bring them here. I have no business herding around a bunch of people."

Yoda smiled enigmatically.

"What?" the Dark Lord asked irritably.

"Care for them you do, oh yes. Your people they are. Go, find them, and guide them back, Chosen One."

"Why should I believe you?"

Yoda shook his head. "Stubborn you were, always. Older you've become, but learned little." He sighed. "Whether you believe or not, the truth it will not change. Only change your chances to do something about it, this will."

Vader raised his fist, but remembered his earlier failure, and did not want to repeat it. So he reined in his anger.

"You still speak in riddles," he commented almost sadly.

"I speak as things are," Yoda answered companionably. "Simple they are not. Search your feelings, Chosen One, and all answers you will have."

?Is that all you can say?? Vader asked, with a hint of aggression in his voice. From his childhood, from the first moment he had seen Yoda, he had felt deep respect and awe for the other?s knowledge and experience, and yet he had always found his way of speaking without really saying anything extremely irritating. As years passed and his own knowledge and powers increased, he awe diminished, replaced by mild amusement, but the dislike of speech that was not clear and straight remained. Most of the Imperial Court had felt it.

Yoda sighed again, his huge eyes half-closed. ?Here, you will find me, if need be. Yours the task is, yet seeking help not forbidden is. But ask, you must.?

They were quiet, Vader contemplating the stars, as was his habit, Yoda gently rocking his huge head, as if humming a tune silently to himself.

Finally Vader snapped back to his restlessly active self.

"Thank you for your time, Master Yoda," he said the traditional Jedi phrase with cold politeness, then added, "I hope I will not see you again." He turned and started off towards the distant hills.

"May the Force be with you, Chosen One," Yoda called after him.

"How could it be otherwise," Vader muttered to himself, without acknowledging the other.

=============================

-NA, Evil Gungan

16. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    Oops, double post.

BTW, Darth JMMJ, I love Obi-Wan's reaction that he is alive! lol. And what a way to learn that you just died.

-NA

17. Princess Sari

Jun 8, 2000
    I love it! The Vader/Yoda scenes are just plain hillarious!

More please!

Sari

18. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Well, what can I say. Great minds think alike... =) NA, I just finished my post, and I came here only to be pleasantly suprised that you already posted - - and this is the second time! I could get used to this...

BTW, I love how you portray Vader. (PS~the above post was rather important in the scheme of things~everyone read carefully!)

:gets excited and jumps up and down: Woohoo! All the Ani/Ami people stopped over for a visit! =D I like the company! Welcome!

As much as I would've liked to continue the other scene, I have to be fair. Though I'm considering skipping Han and Ani this time around...it wouldn't *really* hurt anything... =)

Okay, I'll stop babbling now. =p

Amidala opened her mouth, ready to exclaim at the ridiculous suggestion, but the Neimoidian suddenly turned around. ?Shut up, prisoners,? he snarled, showing a malicious, greedy face.

Leia leaned her head toward Amidala again. ?You must be joking. The Death Star destroyed Alderaan nearly a year ago.? She paused for a minute, the emotional pain again spreading across her face. ?I was there. It was my fault...? This time, she was speaking under her breath, her words barely audible.

Amidala looked straight up into Leia?s eyes, conveying her honesty clearer than any words. ?I don?t joke about things like that.? Leia was taller than her - most people were, with the exception of Anakin - and she felt almost strange, reassuring this woman who seemed to have been through far more than she had. But it had to be done.

Leia was looking at her curiously, as if Amidala was a puzzle she had to solve. ?If you talked
    to...him...on Coruscant - - how did you get in??

Amidala shrugged. ?The usual way. We had some troubles getting out of the blockade and our
    ship was damaged, so we stopped for repairs on Tatooine.?

?No, that?s not what I mean. How did you get past the planetary shields??

?They let us in. Why wouldn?t they?? Amidala was starting to get an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach now. The look in Leia?s eyes...she wasn?t making any of this up. She believed it completely.

Leia shied away from Amidala?s comfort. ?You are part of the Imperial army?? She looked
    betrayed and shocked.

Mutely, Amidala shook her head. She had completely lost Leia?s train of thought; now she had no idea what the girl was getting at. Sliding her eyes over to the right, eyebrow still creased, she finally blurted out her thoughts. ?What the Force are you talking about??

?The Emperor and his tyranny, of course. What, have you been asleep for the last twenty years?? The words were uttered with a kind of resentment, a flavor of annoyance. Glimpsing again the ugly face of their captor, Leia lowered her voice. ?Stop ignoring reality. It won?t do anyone any good.?

?The *Emperor*?? Amidala was beginning to feel bits of frustration rise out of hiding. ?There is no Emperor. There isn?t even a Supreme Chancellor since Valorum was relieved of duty.? //By me,// she remembered, feeling a slight twinge of guilt once more.

Leia closed her eyes, as if remembering something. ??Valorum.....the last chancellor before Empire. A decent ruler, though surrounded in controlling bureaucrats...?? A stunned look came over her face. She turned away. ?No, it can?t be.?

?What?? Amidala looked at her newfound friend curiously.

?This is going to sound crazy,? she answered reluctantly. ?I?m not sure I believe it myself. But...? She glanced at Amidala again, as if gauging her reaction. ?I think that blast transported me - not only to a different place, but to a different time. And I *need* to be at Endor.?

Shocked nearly out of her mind, Amidala could only stare at her companion. If she had been a bit more alert, she might have seen the Neimoidian snapping orders out to his infinite droid troops...

I think I'm going to *show*, rather than tell, what those orders were...

=D JMMJ

19. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I love the double posts. Need more doubles. How about triples? Or a grand slam?

Sorry, got carried away. I just really enjoy this story. I will work on my patience. I'll be back for more.

20. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    Yeah, these double posts are great. And entertaining -- the Vader/Yoda and Ami/Leia interplay rocks. Keep it up!

21. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    i like this story, but I am getting rather confused. Which part of the original trilogy are the heroes from? It sounds like after A New Hope, but before Empire. And, has Luke met his "father" yet? (I mean young Anakin)

22. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Thank you sir, may we have another??~~

aa :D

23. Princess Sari

Jun 8, 2000
    Double posts... ya gotta love 'em! :)

I love this stuff with Ami/Leia. ::waves finger:: Speaking to your mother in that tone... (LOL)

Sari
    who recently found out that drinking Pepsi while reading Melrose Naboo was not such a good idea... (My keyboards all sticky now!)

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    This will reveal my ignorance, but I don't care. I need to know.

What the heck is Melrose Naboo?

25. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    It's a funny as h*ll (IMO) totally lacking in continuity 'soap opera' with the characters from TPM. But my words don't do it justice; go to the link below and read it for yourself. :)

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/casablanca/76/mn/index.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.