"Absolving the Past" (An Original Trilogy/ Episode 1 crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Master Mara Jade, Jun 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jendiggity Jedi Master

star 4
    a new post!! *happy dances*

i'll write more later....upping so i can find it easier ;) :)
  2. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    I can't believe there is finally an update to this. That was funny. :)
  3. jendiggity Jedi Master

star 4
    awww....that was soooo cuuuuute :) i bet that will help relieve some of the tension floating around. i must admit, i kinda was hoping obi would get pulled in and....well.... ;)

hoping to see more soon, especially vadey scenes ;)
  4. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    And the award for longest hiatus ...

Fun stuff. Very cute. Does this mean this is alive again?
  5. Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope so, Rebelmom...

Okay, so insert NA's scene with Yoda in here, this is a follow-up. Minor Episode 2 book spoilers (including a quote from the book... it's RAS's, everyone), I guess... although if you haven't seen that movie yet, how can you call yourself a SW fan?

Luke couldn?t keep the content smile off his face as he looked at Yoda; he had never suspected to see him alive again. But his smile faded as he considered his latest failures, especially at Bespin. He had a vivid picture of holding onto that beam for dear life, and of the strongest shock, fear, and anger he had ever felt?

?Failed you have, young Skywalker,? Yoda told him, and sorrow and dread grew in Luke?s heart. He could think of nothing worse than to have Yoda ashamed of him. ?But not in all ways. A second chance fate has given you.? A soothing bit of hope jolted through Luke. Relief came over him as he glanced at Vader ? the father he had finally accepted. The unfeeling mask that had not completely returned to him yet.

?Still incomplete, your journey is. Learn much while you are here; save you it may.? Yoda?s ears twitched and a fond scowl came over his face. ?Stubborn you are. Loyal you are as well. Remember this, remember Vader.?

?Remember Vader,? Qui-Gon repeated softly, entering with Obi-Wan and Mara behind him. ?I wish I could forget. It was me, wasn?t it? I was the reason he came to the Temple at all. And I trained him??

?Train him, you will not, Qui-Gon,? Yoda ordered the older man quietly. ?A dark apprentice you have already trained. You have learned your lesson.? A dark apprentice? A slice of pure panic ran through him. Had Obi-Wan lied to him yet again? Had he followed the wrong teacher all these years? Luke glanced at Obi-Wan quickly, and saw a knowing, sorrowful gleam in his eyes. No. It was someone else.

?I was his teacher.? Obi-Wan?s voice sounded even younger than it had before as it echoed through the cave. For once, the strong young man sounded unsure, almost afraid.

?Very good, Kenobi,? Vader whispered, his low, ominous voice even more out of place than usual. ?You were my Master, reluctantly, by order of yours here. By his dying word, on Naboo.?

Mara stiffened. ?His death? by the Sith Lord on Naboo??

?Right you are, Mara Jade.? Yoda shifted his impenetrable gaze to her. ?Changed history, you have, by your presence. See the other side of the story, you will. Choose you must.?

?My Master?? Mara?s green eyes suddenly flashed with fear, an emotion Luke had never suspected to see paired with her.

?Here, he is.?

Luke felt the resulting wave of panic emanate from Mara and he shot her a questioning glance. Her eyes had turned hard again, but the mental shields surrounding her were now brittle, ready to break at the slightest strain. He didn?t have the heart to push her further, but he wondered. He also noticed the change in Vader at that question, but he wasn?t as surprised at that development.

?Your choice only it is, Mara Jade,? Yoda continued. ?Difficult it is to change loyalties. Elusive, the paths of good and evil are. Impossible it is to have only one or the other. Emotion must mix with serenity.?

?How?? Amidala?s soft question came from behind Vader. Luke turned to see her standing next to Anakin, whose expression showed a mixture of curiosity and fear.

?One answer to that question, there is not,? Yoda answered. ?Very careful, you must be, Anakin Skywalker. While fighting an enemy, very easy it is to become what you are fighting against.? Anakin?s small face was very solemn, catching every word Yoda had to offer, but there was a degree of protest in it as well ? there always seemed to be something else Anakin was thinking about.

But how can you reject and put right something of darkness without fighting it? Luke wondered. Fighting Vader at Bespin had been necessary, and there was no way he could have gotten around it. It had been out of self defense, if nothing else. Besides, hadn?t Vader made the first move? T
  6. jendiggity Jedi Master

star 4
    yay, a new post!! :D :D

one thing i was never clear on -- is yoda from the future too, or is he from this time?

great postie :D
  7. Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for replying, MariahJade and jendiggity. And thanks for the comments! I feel honored. Sorry there was no wet Obi, but you know, you got that in Episode 2. ;) Besides, he did get a bit splashed...

Jen, Yoda is from the prequel era (since the OT characters were taken from Endor, he's dead in the OT), but he was able to figure out most of what was going on in OT era while he was meditating (after Vader met up with him before). He doesn't know everything, but his connection to the Force lets him know a *lot*.

Besides, an all-knowing Yoda works for my purposes. *touches fingers together and murmurs "Excellent!"*

:D JMMJ
  8. Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    I have 1000 posts!!
    I have 1000 posts!!!

I have 1000 posts!!!!

Know anyone else who's taken almost 3 years to get 1000 posts?!

:D :D :D

*throws a party*
  9. jendiggity Jedi Master

star 4
    *joins in party*

well, that wasn't EXACTLY why i wanted obi to get pulled in....but i'll be nice to the obi fans and keep my mouth shut :D

lol, don't worry about taking so long, it will probably take me waaaay longer. there are way many boards on the JC that i don't visit, and i don't post in half that i do. although sometimes i have a tendency to not shut up..... :)

oh, and thanks for answering my question about yoda. i'm sure it was made perfectly clear in the story, and i just didn't pick it up. another slow moment on my part :)
  10. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
  11. Darth_Silenous Jedi Master

star 4
    JMMJ~ I found this during its 'resting' period and fell absolutely in love with your writing. I am thrilled you have decided to continue with this.

Hoping to see *ahem* more posts soon ...

*jumps up and down* JMMG has updated ATP! JMMG has updated ATP! JMMG has updated ATP.... *goes hysterical*
  12. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    They have to find Palpy? Yuck. Oh, well, this should be interestin. :)
  13. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, this story is REALLY alive!!!!

And at last, I can be here - just finished my exams, I survived, and now I have all time of the Universe!!!

Great post JMMJ! So good to see you back!

And yes, please a bit more reference to AOTC! :D Even if it's not easy in this story :D
  14. Princess Sari Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey all! :)

Unfortuantly, I come bearing bad news.... MJ asked me to let you that she'll gone for the next 2 months (until 8/20, I think...) at camp. :( So, no new posts until then. I'd love to write something, but summer is giving me little free time currently. :(

So, any-oo, MJ'll be back in mid-August. :)
  15. Darth_Silenous Jedi Master

star 4
    *sadness*

Oh well, uppers anyway.
  16. Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Confirming Sari's bad news... I'm at camp and the only Internet access I have is when at least 4 or 5 people are staring over my shoulder. I have a real problem with that. However, that's more online than I thought I would have! Please people, I'm begging you, please don't let this story get caught by the clippers... I'm going to be writing it this summer even if I'm not posting it. I have rest hour each day. ;)

TTYL and thanks for all the comments!

:D JMMJ
  17. Aprilise Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good Story so far though I am only on page 4. I will finish it tomorrow though.

April
  18. Aprilise Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yaaa I finished it! Great Story Can't wait to read more. Does Luke know Leia is his sister? When is everyone else gonna find out? When is Leia gonna reveal that Ami is her mom? Okay got to go now.

April
  19. Darth_Silenous Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Darth_Silenous Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Katy-Beth Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just started reading this story last night, and just finished getting caught up. I'm loving all the characterizations and the thoughts going through everyone's heads. I'm especially loving Yoda! What I didn't catch though was how Yoda got to Naboo in the first place. It seemed to me like one post he was meditating and sensing a rather strong disturbance and then his next appearance was torturing Vader. I am liking the all-knowing Yoda though, I've always thought he rocks! Hans fascination with the gimmerstick is great also.

If I have to wait until JMMJ gets back from camp in August I suppose I'll have to be patient. I'll be sure to mark August 20 on my calendar though. :D

By the way, Princess Sari? Next time your handing out Pepsi, do you think you can look in your cooler for a Mt. Dew? While I am rather fond of Pepsi, its the Dew I'm addicted to. But if you don't have any Mt. Dew I'll gladly accept a Pepsi. :D
  22. Darth_Silenous Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Aprilise Jedi Knight

star 1
    Up from page 15 I think after page 10 at least.
  24. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    up from page 9........I think this story needs tagged....<Badly>.......would make it much easier to read. [face_plain]
  25. Darth_Silenous Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.