main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abu Ghraib sex romps - a case for excluding women from the military?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Uruk-hai, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    This is a different take on the incidents at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. Dealing solely with the occurrence of sex between members of the military. Does the gang bangs, the orgies and the sex in the prison by members of the military make the arguments against women in the military any stronger? Are women in the military a liability, both in the possibility they may become pregnant - as stated by Lieutenant Antoine Brooks, one of the 870th's officers regarding sex in the military. "You do not want to have female soldiers getting pregnant. It's a hindrance to the mission." - or by adversely changing the effectiveness of the military to operate as they have done in the past, the old argument that males in combat will be disposed to act differently with female soldiers nearby.

Or is this baloney and you can't tar everyone with the same brush that's tarred PFC England and Co?

Personally, I would have thought the prescence of women in the military would have an effect of preventing the men from extremes of behaviour. Seems I was wrong as some seem willing enough to enter into the same extremes.

KK EDIT: This has gone a little too far off topic. I'm ending it now.

2. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    I tend to think baloney. If this were bizarro world and men were the minority in the military, I'm sure somebody would make the case that men should be exluded because they may rape civilians or such. But yet, that's the minority.

Besides, don't women technically make better pilots do to their better... agh, can't think of the word. The ability to keep track of many targets in a three dimensional environment. Spacial perception?

-P!-

3. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    One woman and how many men participated in these acts, how does that make for a basis to exclude women from the military. By that arguement, shouldn't men be the ones excluded?

4. Uruk-hai

Oct 26, 2000
    There was more than one woman involved, apparently.

5. Ardiff

Ardiff Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2001
    On the other hand - there was (as far as I know) no women in My Lai or something else. So I would not say, the question if womens are part of a army make any difference. Not negativ and (so far as I know) not positiv. I think, women should be aloud to stay in the military. Same conditions as with men: If they do there job well, accept them. If not, blame the person, not the sex. If I look back in history and see, what men alone done, I don't believe the fact if a women is part of the troop make a negativ difference.

6. Space_Man

Space_Man Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Does the gang bangs, the orgies and the sex in the prison by members of the military make the arguments against women in the military any stronger? Are women in the military a liability....

(the following is NOT intended to read like an attack on Uruk-hai, personally. Please, no one interpret it as such, O.K?):

To me, this sounds a little too close to actually blaming the women for what took place. I can practically hear the Good-Old Boy Establishment saying: "If those pesky women weren't around tempting our fine military boys, then none of those acts of sexual debauchery would have taken place, and the men would have kept their focus.?

[face_plain]

7. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    Then the sex scandal would involve either local iraqi women or just good ole fasioned guy on guy.

8. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Is this a joke? Or are you merely playing devil's advocate?

9. liberalmaverick

liberalmaverick Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2004
    Abu Ghraib sex romps - a case for excluding women from the military?

Absolutely not.

Or is this baloney and you can't tar everyone with the same brush that's tarred PFC England and Co?

Uruk-hai, I couldn't have put it better myself.

10. aTOmic_pUnk

aTOmic_pUnk Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2004
    we need more women like Lynndie England.
    She knows how to take care of business and have a good time, too.

I'd love to see Lynndie England take on Jessica Lynch in a nude jello wrestling, no-holds barred match.
    I'd pay good coin to see that.

11. welikefeet3

welikefeet3 Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2004
    I'd have to disagree...Lyndie England's nasty........

12. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    I wouldn't hit it.

13. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I'd have to disagree...Lyndie England's nasty........

She's actually kind of cute when you see a good pic of her....and...she's smiling.

14. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Women shouldn't serve in any combat role.

15. Uruk-hai

Oct 26, 2000
    Then the sex scandal would involve either local iraqi women or just good ole fasioned guy on guy.

I don't think so. How many all male orgies have you heard about in the US military?

16. Ardiff

Ardiff Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2001
    ShaneP: Why not? So far as I know, women could and women does fight very well in the past. In the Red Army during WW II around one million women work. And a lot of them in combat.
    There were three regiments of air-force with female piolets (who serve very well, the best aces shoot down 17, 12 and 11 germans, so far I know).
    There were some female sniper-Aces, some of the with hundreds of kills. Even not all kills were confirmed, they kill a lot of germans.
    There were hard-fighting women in the air-defense at Stalingrad. They fight until they died, when the german tanks attac the city, and they fight hard against the Luftwaffe.
    The female members of the medical personal of the Red Army did also a hard job. I think it is not easier to rescue wounded soldiers under fire, then to fight against enemies.
    Even in the older russian army (First World War) women fight in some units (kossaks, some as officers, and some bataillions of female infantery, who was very strong in attac - less under ongoing artillerie-fire (like all young units).
    Womens fight in several partisan-wars (in the Second World War and after).

So I think, women COULD fight. They are not weaken a force. And if the want - why should they not do?

17. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    She's actually kind of cute when you see a good pic of her....and...she's smiling.

No, I vote nasty. I don't care how she looks, when she's the center of a gang-bang I'm not going to touch her with the metaphorical 10-foot pole.

(No, that's not meant to be a pun)

18. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    No, I vote nasty. I don't care how she looks, when she's the center of a gang-bang I'm not going to touch her with the metaphorical 10-foot pole.

Well....yeah, you got me, there.

19. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Oh i get it the War was simply because
    we couldn't find any prostitute for our army so we invaded Iraq. To rape all the innocent people especailly children !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.