Char, NC Abyss

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Mayhem, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayhem Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok so I was wrong the other day about the release of Abyss (book 3 in Fate of the Jedi). It came out yesterday. Its a little over 300 pages, so longer then book 2. Amanda started reading it already and seems to be flying through it.
    I'm actually growing to like the cover art style. I hated it at first, thinking it looked incomplete.
    I'll read it after I finish "Orcs" by Stan Nicholls.
  2. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    Orcs? Is it Tolkienesque?

I still have to read the first FotJ book but that will have to wait until I finish reading Dewey - the story of the cat who lived in the library. I just lost Sith points. [face_laugh] But cats are so sith like!!!!!! [face_mischief]
  3. Nadia-Oomia Jedi Knight

star 4
    Wow! they already have the third book out? My goodness, they are coming out faster than I can buy them. [face_laugh]
  4. Mayhem Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Not quite Tolkien Jada. You have the typical races of ORcs, Elves, Trolls, Dwarves, humans..but thats where the likeness ends for the most part.
    Humans are the outsiders. The Orcs are the main characters. Humans are depicted almost like a disease so far.
    Lots of bood and killing in the first 50 pages. :D
  5. RipRoar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Just picked up Abyss - series is building and free prequel download helps - waiting to see if this will be end of major character?
  6. RipRoar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    There is a second free downloadable pdf ebook for the prequel in this series...
  7. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    Where can you get the download?? :confused: (Jada is too tired, lazy to look for herself :p)
  8. RipRoar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Here is the link - should be able to find it there along with the first download:

http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/starwars/fateofthejedi/
  9. Nadia-Oomia Jedi Knight

star 4
    I haven't read any of them yet but they look pretty interesting. What are they about without giving away the ending? :p
  10. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    Some guy named Skywalker and some other Jedi. :p

They are about what happens after the GFFA/Confederation war. Or post Darth Cadeus.
  11. Nadia-Oomia Jedi Knight

star 4
    Post? Meaning before Darth Caedus right?
  12. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    Post = after
    Pre = before
    ;)
  13. Nadia-Oomia Jedi Knight

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.