main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AC Update for the Week Ending November 14th

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Dan, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Oh, I considered many of those things, EP. I was dying to put invisible "forceboat"s in the spaces between paragraphs, or type the entire thing JeffK style. Unfortunately, the reading on the Potential Drama Meter scared me away. :(

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    //wonders how many people went and highlighted Dan's update after that post. :D

3. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    if you highlight it and look at your monitor's reflection in a mirror, you will see typed over and over "PB is Dead - PB is Dead" intersperced with "REDRUM" [face_shocked]

and even I won't say what you get if you scroll it backwards... [face_mischief]

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    What if a mod buys it at Best Buy for full price, then brings it back with the Toys R' Us circular and gets back 110% of the price difference, so they wind up paying like $8 for it. Then they submit the first reciept and get the full price back from TFN?

Would it matter? The point is TFN is giving a token of thanks to the people who put in thousands of hours doing a thankless job on these boards. It's not as if $10 or $15 or whatever is such a major gift. The reimbursment is a nice sentiment.

Mr44, the idea behind the flaming celebrities discussion was basically that although it's okay to say some things about public figures that you couldn't say to another person directly to their face, it's more positive for the JC as a whole if the criticism is at least (somewhat) constructive. Ie. don't post "LUcaS iS a ST00piD IdIOt!!!1!!!!!!>"

Plus, since this is a Star Wars board, it's a good assumption that everyone who posts here has at least like some of the Star Wars films at some point, and it's nice to be grateful to those who have brought you happiness even in the past. :)

5. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Wonderful update ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.