main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Accents of the troopers.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Zethlin_Maximus, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    Why have the Stormtroopers in the OT got American accents, whilst the Clone Troopers of the PT have what seem to be English accents?

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Because the stormtroopers in the OT are not all Jango clones.

3. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    Accents are not genetic.

4. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    [face_laugh] I don't even hear the accents. :D

5. bountyhuntr

bountyhuntr Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    its accidental they have so have diferent people for every stormtroopers as of now they have one person.

and yes stormtrooper are clonetroopers thus they ARE CLONES OF JANGO FETT MY POSTING FRIEND

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Nope, for the most part, they are clones made from other DNA sources. That's why they have varying heights and voices.

7. DarthOrion

DarthOrion Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    I agree the only thing that the Stormies have in common with the Clontroopers is that they are all clones. However, the clonetroopers come from one sole template Jango Fett, and the stormies will probably come from a myriad of hosts, thereby explaining the variations in height and voices. By the time Ep. IV starts the orignal Clonetroopers from the Clone Wars would be too old to be of any use to the Empire. Since the first batch was began around the TPM era, approximately 33years before ANH, they would be, I believe 66 years old. Remember they age twice that of a normal human

8. Prophet_of_the_Sith

Prophet_of_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Yep, they are clones of different people than Jango. I'd be surprised if there were ANY Jango clones left by the time of TESB.

9. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    No, they grow faster but that doesn't affect the aging process.

10. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    What happens is all of the clones perish in the war against the separatists. When Palpatine requests more, Jango, the prime seed, is dead. Therefore the caminos are left with no choice then to clone the janitor, played by Steve Buscemi. This explains why the OT stormtroopers are so worthless. Thoughts?

:)

11. Angel_Blue01

Angel_Blue01 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2001
    I don't even hear the accents.

Welcome to being an American.

You can't even hear your own accent.

That the way the world works. You don't hear your accent until you have something to compare it to.

I can relate to that in a special way, but that's too OT...

Well. Back to the stormtroopers.

They have American accents because they hired Americans to do the voices.

The clone troopers have New Zealand or Austrailian accents, because the guy who did the voice did. That's all there is too it.

12. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "Welcome to being an American."

"You can't even hear your own accent."

That's a bit presumptuous. The point is, I don't pay that much attention to the trooper's dialogue. Don't forget that the voices are altered as well.

13. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'd be surprised if there were ANY Jango clones left by the time of TESB.

Well, Boba Fett was still around and was still in fighting shape. It's possible that some of the clones survived, and even served in some capacity. But most likely not for front line combat.

14. Darkness_Himself

Darkness_Himself Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    Stormtroopers are not Jango's clones. As someone here pointed out, they would be far to old to be of any use.
    So the Empire cloned their best and most experienced troopers, pilots, drivers etc (see Grodin Tierce in 'Specter of the Past' and 'Vision of the Future') Some of the stormies were also conscripts (sp?) from 'protected' worlds.

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    At least one of the OT stormtroopers is a Jango clone: the one who hits his head in the Death Star control room.

16. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    "I'd be surprised if there were ANY Jango clones left by the time of TESB."

"Well, Boba Fett was still around and was still in fighting shape. It's possible that some of the clones survived, and even served in some capacity. But most likely not for front line combat."

Boba was an unaltered clone without the accelerated growth so even if the theory about the clonetroopers aging rapidly is correct that wouldn't affect Boba.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, Boba would have only been 32 years old in ANH, and 36 in ROTJ.

18. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    "Because the stormtroopers in the OT are not all Jango clones."

WRONG.

I don't really care what some ridiculous Expanded Universe stories say (not that I'm trying to bash the entire EU, it has some good stories, but many parts of it are ridiculous) it makes a hell of a lot more sense that the OT Stormtroopers are clones of Jango. Why would the Empire start cloning other people or recruiting conscripts when they already have an easily replenishable source of soldiers right there on Kamino?

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Nope, you're the one who's wrong. If you want proof, all you have to do is watch the movies. The OT stormtroopers are clearly not all Jango clones. If they were, they would all be the same height and have the same voices.

The reason they started cloning other people was because Jango was dead.

20. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I like Lord_Coras's answer best. :)

21. young_paddy1

young_paddy1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    I thought some of the troopers in the OT were independents like Davin Felth. it would make sense that spome people would be conscripted or sign up for the imperial army for some extra cash.

22. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Because neither Bohdi Taylor nor Temura Morrison were involved yet. They were far too young at the time. According to Lucas, however, the stormtroopers and clonetroopers are one in the same.

23. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    My guess is that the Empire's training programs exposed the kiddy-clones to American accents, instead of a New Zealand one. That's why they speak like Americans in the OT.

24. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I'm sure that in the upcoming Archival Edition of the OT, Temuera Morrison will do the voices of all the stormtroopers.

25. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Am I the only one who just finds it plain out unrealistic that the Empire would stop using clones? Conscripted soldiers are probably not as skilled, both in terms of nature and nuture, and their loyalty isn't as absolute as that of Stormtroopers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.