main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Accessory Identification

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Koohii, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    yes, I know that you can go to www.rebelscum.com and hunt to identify most items. Problem is they've broken it up by series/line, so you have to go through them one-at-a-time. At least, if there is a single, all-encompassing directory to hunt through, I have yet to encounter it.

For transformers, when I sold off my collection, I was able to identify odd-ball pieces I didn't recognize through a couple of different fan-sites.
    Don't suppose there's a handy one anyone knows of for hunting through all the various lines?
    Yes, I'm planning on selling on eBay.
    No, I'm not soliciting people to buy my stuff.
    My collection has been in storage bins for 4 years, and pieces have fallen loose. Collection ranges from 1977 up to vary recent. So having to go movie by movie, type by type, is a bit of a pain in the rump.

Favorite sites/tools/suggestions?

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Get yourself a copy of the "Star Wars Action Figure Archives". It's about 10 years old now, so it's missing everything from Episode 1 up to now, but it has extremely detailed photos of each figure and the weapons/accessories they each came with.

3. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
  4. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I do have a copy of that book. Recognising the early weapons is very easy because of the different standards and materials from the time.
    Unfortunately, some of the weird weapons and odd-looking pieces from various cantina aliens and prequel side characters are a little harder.

5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
  6. Koohii

May 30, 2003
  7. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I think the part in the first pic (next to the Clone Trooper carbine) is the range finder on Chewbacca's bowcaster. Not sure, but that comes to mind.

In the second pic, the cable with two "claws" on both ends belongs to the ROTS Clone Commander, no.33 I believe. There's also a grappling hook: Clone Commander.

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Thank you! 2 down, two to go!

9. Koohii

May 30, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.