main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CEII Accomodation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Nov 17, 2012.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    This thread is for anyone that want to post where they are staying, or discuss possible places to stay.

City Hotel Essen
    SithLordDarthRichie

Holiday Inn Express
    Darth Haggis

Hotel Jung
    TheDarkKnight

Mercure Plaza
    f.nyman

Motel One Essen
    DARTHLARS

Pension Gasthaus Nordstern
    MasterVonbee

Ruhr Hotel
    Obi Anne

Sheraton
    quigonobi3

Rented apartment
    echosevin

home
    Skiara

2. quigonobi3

quigonobi3 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 5, 2012
    thanks i will let you know when the housing bureau opens up

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I am hoping to book accomodation soon, can anyone recommend a site to use or know of a good place to stay?

4. quigonobi3

Mar 5, 2012
    Why dont you try Tripadvisor look up essen and they have a list of hotels and reviews and also have pictures of the hotels as well i think i might wait til after Christmas to book my hotel and i will be using this site for a guide

5. GodAtum

GodAtum Jedi Master

May 13, 2005
    Apperently the Atlantic Congress Hotel is the best in the area according to trip Advisor. looks right next door to the con center too! Anyone stayed there before?

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm going to stay at the Ruhr hotel. Breakfast included, which is always a good thing.

Darth-Dogfish-Head likes this.
  7. quigonobi3

Mar 5, 2012
    I have booked the Sheraton

8. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I booked an apartment across the street from Messe Essen. I noticed that all of the hotels are a few km away. Wasn't sure if they were going to do shuttles again, so this is convenient. Plus I'm sharing with a friend, so it's affordable.
    Did anyone else notice the 'special' rates for CEII aren't that special? I found the same rooms on Expedia for much less.

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    and single rooms are a lot more expensive through the special rates. The special rates included breakfast though, which isn't the case if you book through other channels on some of the hotels. It might seem that I'm obsessed with breakfast but I'm a diabetic and starting the day with a good breakfast is worth a lot to me.

The Ruhr hotel where I'm staying is 2,4 km away from the Messe, which I think is an OK distance for a walk, but it's also very close to a subway station so I'm counting on using public transportation.

10. quigonobi3

Mar 5, 2012
    Obi Anne are we going to do a list of where everybody is staying like we do for all the other celebrations ?

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I've put it in the first post.

12. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I should probably mention that I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express...

13. quigonobi3

Mar 5, 2012
    Thanks

14. TheDarkKing

TheDarkKing Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2013
    I've booked the Hotel Jung, hope it's half decent!

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Seem to be pretty expensive prices per night for single rooms in a lot of places. Cheaper places are available I just hope they aren't to far from the place hosting the event.

Is it better to book flights first to see what sort of time I can get into Essen from Dusseldorf before I book a hotel?

16. f.nyman

f.nyman Jedi Padawan

Feb 7, 2013
    Hi, a noob from Sweden here... I'm going alone and have booked a room at The Mercure Plaza. Anyone staying there or have heard anything about that place?

/Fredrik

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I am staying at City Hotel Essen.

Decent value and seems to be only 10 minutes from the Exhibition Centre.

18. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm staying at home. Essen isn't too far away from my sweet home. ;) :)

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  19. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Is that an invitation for everyone to stop by your place? ;)

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Party at Skiara's! :p

Darth-Dogfish-Head likes this.
  21. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Ehm... *cough* ...ehm... That's what I get when asking for a FF party, right? :p

(Luckily it's also too far away from Essen to organise that... no one would come. [face_relieved] :p )

22. MasterVonbee

MasterVonbee Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2013
    I've found a nice looking place called Pension Gasthaus Nordstern through 'booking.com' In the centre Essen somewhere I think! Quite reasonable rates so I'm going to stay a few extra nights to do the tourist thing as well. Flying from Manchester to Dusseldorf with Lufthansa.

23. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm from the area myself. One thing that some people don't realize is that the Ruhr area is actually a number of cities so close together that they create one big metropolitan area. One can easily look for accomodation in the neighboring cities (Bochum, Duisburg, Oberhausen e.g.) and still only be a fifteen-minute tram ride away from the venue. If prices in Essen aren't as "special" as expected, try your luck there.

24. Craggsy

Craggsy Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2013
    Hi Fellow star wars fans

I have a great offer I am a member of the UK Garrison and had booked to travel over to Essen and take part in Celebration 2, unfortunately I can now no longer attend and am looking to sell my reservation, I am posting this on the UKG, 501st and FISD boards as well but Im trying to reach as many fans aspossible so can maybe help someone out.

IThe booking details are:

5 nights 23rd July to 28th July 2013 in the Holiday Express Inn - Essen. the booking is for 2 people in a Queen room. this is a hotel only booking so you would have to sort out travel and transfers etc. The value of the booking is 400 Euros.

Summary
    Booking for 2 persons
    5 nights - Bed and Breakfast
    Holiday Inn Express -Essen

The original booking cost 400 Euros I am trying to sell it for 300 Euros, which currently is $399.60 (US Dollar) or £251.84 (British Pounds)

I have correspondence from the hotel that they are happy to transfer the booking to another party.

Anyway thanks for looking and please let anyone know that you think may be interested.

Other thread links for validation:

UKG:http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=43977&p=516149#p516149

501st: http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=911907#911907

FISD: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/top...ebration-ii-essen-germany/page__fromsearch__1

25. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I will be staying at Motel One Essen on Kennedy Platz.