BTS According to Gary Kurtz...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Nub, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Just found this on EW - most of the SW material in the article's the usual stuff about ROTJ, but I really don't know how to take these little bombshells:

(Possible Ep VII spoilers below)

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/03/31/star-wars-producer-gary-kurtz-talks-sequel-trilogy

EDIT: Really should have clarified this some time ago, but it kept getting mileage months later:

[IMG]

Sorry folks, nothing to see here, I made the whole thing up
    Last edited by Darth_Nub, Sep 30, 2013
  2. Jedi_Ford_Prefect Force Ghost

star 4
    Bold mine.

This just makes me wish even more that Lucas was directing these movies, and not the Disney corporate-selected fanboy favorites.
  3. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    [IMG]

or maybe

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Well, there goes a decade or so of relative certainty about any of this. :p
  5. FRAGWAGON Force Ghost

star 4
    When will they ever redo the novels? Novelization SE treatment is long overdue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
  6. Sandtrooper92 Jedi Master

star 2
    That scene with Luke sounds horrible.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  7. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I wish, but doubt it, personally.
  8. TOSCHESTATION Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Interesting... I would take that part about QG with a grain of salt though, this is included in the same synopsis in which Palpatine lived on and Luke and Leia weren't siblings. Then again... QG's character didn't exist as it does now back then... hm.

Perhaps George got to live out that scene with the Mortis arc of TCW as another user so kindly pointed out, and perhaps if not QG, then Anakin's ghost could play a similar role. Or maybe I just reallllllly want to see more of Anakin/Hayden in these movies :p
  10. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    @Sandtrooper92 and @Seagoat - Might want to check the link (and the date) on that latest stuff from Uncle Gary...
  11. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok that's only a few months old 0_0

Well, I'm pretty sure when he mentions Luke's sister, he means from "back then" before ROTJ was made and the original ST was condensed into one movie, same for Palpatine (unless of course, he's not really dead. Or maybe Plagueis will take his place).

However, his statement about Force ghosts does intrigue me further...
  12. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Did anyone actually click on the link itself...?
  13. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    You're mean.
    TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  14. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    -.- you have me dumbfounded

Well played... you evil mastermind, you -_-
  15. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Glad that's been cleared up. Let's get this thread back to non-deliberate misinformation and confused memories that might actually contain fragments of truth.:p
    darklordoftech and Count Yubnub like this.
  16. TOSCHESTATION Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh]
  17. TOSCHESTATION Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh][face_shame_on_you]
  18. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    I WANT TO BELIEVE
    TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  19. Loupgarou Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I think people are overstating how bittersweet the movie Kurtz describes would have been. I imagine the rebellion would have been victorious, and Leia ruling her people would have been shown as a good thing. It'd just be bittersweet in that the heroes would have to go their separate ways. Han dying could work but as someone said, it seems odd to rescue someone then kill them off. If he did die it'd be heroicly, i'm certain. Regardless, i am a fan of Luke 'heading off into the sunset' so to speak. Walking the galaxy, going where the force takes him, perhaps starting up a new adventure.
  20. markdeez33 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Another great thread! Thanks
  21. JEDI-RISING Force Ghost

star 3
    Personally I think people's knee-jerk reaction to Kurtz being right is just another 'grass is always greener on the other side' thing. No I don't think ROTJ is as good as ESB, but I think Lucas made the right decision not to make it dark. Especially with all the death in the prequels. If a lot of people had their way all six movies would be dark and gloomy. And that wouldn't be very much fun. I wouldn't mind if Lando had died rescuing Han, but I don't think Han dying would make sense. He'd already made his big sacrifice staying with the rebellion at the cost of being frozen and sent to Jabba.
    Vthuil and FRAGWAGON like this.
  22. gezvader28 Force Ghost

star 4
    where's this interview from ? when was it done ?

strangely it reminds me of Harry Potter's conversation in the last book with Dumbledore !

23. Carbon1985 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    See, I think you're confusing a darker movie with a more kiddy-type movie. The Original Star Wars is not nearly as dark as ESB, as it has a lot of humor, but they both have the same tone as they don't cater to kids that Jedi does in many scenes. The Original Star Wars and ESB are both great movies, IMO, whereas Jedi isn't as good because sadly Lucas was making a movie for 11 year kids like myself in 1983, failing to realize that we loved Star Wars and ESB as 5 and 8 year olds because it essentially wasn't geared for us.
  24. Garrett Atkins Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I can't disagree more.
  25. Carbon1985 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    That's fair, as I enjoy different opinions. Please tell me where I'm wrong, and we can debate.