main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Accounting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Just so folks know, i opened an ING savings account with the funds raised during Free Comic Book Day. We earn 3% interest annually. Any time we want to add money to the account, I have to deposit it in my regular account, then transfer it to the ING account. Same goes with withdrawals. If you request funds for an upcoming event (ie. James hosting the family BBQ in a couple of weeks), please give me some lead time if you wish to have the funds in advance. Perhaps this should be a topic added to the business agenda at the meeting. Mr. Secretary, can you please make note?

2. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I think I can do that. ;)

3. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Very nice work Steve. Thanks for getting that set up and running for us. [face_money_eyes]

I do believe however that if we do not need anything realy big for the Cookout that we do not use the club founds. Only, so we can have the funds down the road. I believe the fund should go towards larger group events. Like conventions and show, trips , T-Shirt..ect. Things like the monthly meeting for items like food, drinks ...I believe we can do this on our own. Stuff like that is easy to do. Just make a sign up list for items to bring. Just because we now for a CLub fund once again does not mean we jump right in.

However, that is not to say we can't use the club funds for things like that, I just think something like that should be but to a vote. Food for meeting is the easy part. Having the fund for convention is the hard part. I'm sure we'll talk about it more in the future.

Any how... Thanks again to Steve for set up the account. Now we can just set back and watch our money GROW!! =D=

SeeYA,
    TK

4. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Oh ...

Here's one thing I just thought of? When and if we get our website / facebbook / Myspace. Up and running I'd like to have a link to the account on line so to make anonymous donations.

They have something like that set up at the 501st site. and the donation goes staight into the clubs account. So that at anytime, anyone wishes to stick in a coulpe dollars can do so. They have it set though Paypal. But we could just as easily have the funds transford from paypal to the ING account. Just something to think about in the future.

I know they had an anonymous donation a couple months back from an outside source for $500 and one know who made it. Pretty sweet.

Later,
    TK

5. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    GOOD JOB STEVE!!! I KNEW WE PICKED THE RIHGT GUY FOR THE JOB!!! I'M WITH TK ON THE FUNDS. NOW WE GOT TO GET MORE. WE'LL TALK MORE AT METTING. JOHN TAKE NOTE.

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Ya, I'll take a note alright... a note to kick yer butt! HA! :eek:

7. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    yeah, we defintely should discuss how we are going to use it. I'll look into having the donations link, provided someone sets up the myspace/facebook account. As for spending it, I disagree abotu saving up for big stuff. Right now we each have about $20 in there with no other fund raising planned for the near future.... i guess that will be discussed at the next meeting.

8. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    So what do you wish to spend it on?

Everything you guy's want is mostly big stuff.

Banners... Big stuff $75 - $150 More for something that looks good.

T-shirt... Big stuff Avg. $8 - $15 per shirt
    The cost maybe to the higher end as well. The less T-shirt we do the more the runs cost. Plus I'm sure we'd be looking for a couple shirts per person. Let's just say we get shirt for $9 a piece. With a run size of 20. That's 4 small, 4med, 4 lg, 4 Xl, and 4 XXl. That's 20 shirts at $180 thats Big stuff. I know shirt would be paid for by each person that wish for one. But I think the group would pay for the set and also make a couple extra to sale down the road like they did with the Boston Rebel T-shirt. They made good money on them at show's.

Logo set's ...$50 - $200 Logo set are runs or stickers, patches, tatoos, ect. Most places well not touch orders under 50 and 100. If your doing a group patch and you have to order 100 and they run $1 each to make ... Duh. That's $100 lol That's big stuff.

This is the same thing we ran into last time we did this. Everyone thinks we can get this stuff for penny on the dollar. And yes something we can get thing done at a pretty good price. I do have some places we can go as well. Places we use in the 501st. and maybe can get a deal.

But there is something to be said about saving for a rainy day to you know.

Later,
    TK

9. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I agree that we are short funds to be able to do alot of the things you mentioned, but my point was that we are VERY short to be able to make a dent into the cost of a group trip to C5. it may not entirely pay for a shirt order, etc, but would at least pay for a bulk of it. Shirts would then be $5 each out of pocket. I was just saying that we all need to discuss this at the next meeting. I'm all for saving it too, but only if we have plans to raise more money for bigger projects/events, if that's what the group decides.

10. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm think FanClub tables. Just like we did at free comic book day.

There are a lot of up coming show's.Tis the season so to say. JumpCon, SMF, Chris Comic Fall show. I can check with Ralph and get a list easy. The only thing there would be getting everyone to help out. Plus having people dress up. You make a lot more money in costume and when you do drawing for stuff.

I'm sure I can find item for the drawing easy. lol We'd need to get you suited up and a couple others. It's the best way to make a couple $$$. Plus most places that host the show would LOVE use to be there in costume. That's a big draw for them. I can work all that out. It's just the set and running the table that would be the hard part. I can't do something like that my self.

So we'll see. Its just an idea.

Later,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.