main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Accuracy of Officer uniforms and insignia

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Katana_Geldar, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I'd like to know if i got these right in my images, they can be changed but i want to be sure that they are right.

the guy on his own is a Captain, the guy with the hat is an admiral and the guy without is a Moff.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/Katana_Geldar/roika_and_ackmel.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/Katana_Geldar/tarnel.jpg]

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
  3. kosure

kosure Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    I'd be interested in what theses drawing sare for.

4. Jedrith

Jedrith Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2004
    This is easier to read...

http://www.501st.com.br/index_e.htm

5. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    It is my understanding of the Imperial uniform color schemes is that the black uniform would be for someone of a junior officer status, like the Captain. And although senior officers don't usually wear hats, as seen in the briefing room aboard the DS, it is not unlikely for them to wear them. I mean, Captain Piette was wearing the cap and was still wearing the cap when he was promoted to Adm.
    A Moff's uniform is more of the dark grey color, as seen on Moff Tarkin. It is true that Jerjerrod wore black, I believe, but his official rank was Moff Commander, and was referred to as Commander by his superiors.
    So the question of who should wear what????
    If it were me, the Captain would be wearing the black uniform (who should be wearing a cap as well). The General or whatever the higher rank was would be that dark green, wearing the cap and the Moff to wear the grey uniform. But that is just my take on it.

6. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Black uniforms are for NCO or Stormtrooper officers. The naval officer uniform colors vary slightly through the movies from a dark green/grey to a light grey/green. Use whatever you like best.

Anyone can wear a hat, it's an optional part of the uniform.

The wardrobe department fouled up RotJ in a big way, and everyone is wearing a Commander rank. So you can't go by the RotJ visuals, just their names.

Your Captain picture has too many rank cylinders. A captain has only one (in his left pocket), and a commander has two.

7. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I always thought it was related to branch of service or duty.
    Command staff, security, maintenance, etc.

Also remember that people had many titles. Tarkin was Grand Moff and Governor. Jejerod was Moff, Commander, and probablly something else.

8. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    The only thing colored uniforms denote AFAIK:
    Navy/army Officer=green/gray
    Stormtrooper/NCO Officer= Black
    Imperial Security Bureau (ISB) = White/cream
    Imperial Tech = Grey

Each guy has only one title at a time. Tarkin was once a Govenor, but his last title/rank was Grand Moff.

Jerrijod was a Moff. The term "commander" can be used on anyone who is in command. It wasn't used by Vader as an address of his rank, just his station.

9. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Ummmm.... NCO is "Non-Commissioned Officer". Which means like a sergeant or a corporal. An NCO Officer is a contradiction of terms. I think the term you are looking for is "junior officer".

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    thanks for the 501st link, that got the insignia out of the way.

my only question is the colour

so the captain should be wearing black, moff dark greay and amrila blue? (thinking piett and ozzel)

11. Jedrith

Jedrith Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2004
    No, I am pretty sure black is a Stormtrooper commanding officer, also pilot dress uniform. Green is navy.

12. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    okay green for admrial and captain, grey for moff

that about settles it

13. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    i edited them last night, here they are

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/Katana_Geldar/fake_tarnel.jpg]

and

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/Katana_Geldar/imp_officers.jpg]

i got the space backgrounds off a screensaver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.