main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    On I a rewatch, I goofed - I conflated the S5 preview with the recap. The probable Rusty's mom was in that one.

But there are some new scenes with Myra when Gary brings it up Doc and Myra, with her getting tased by OSI... right around when baby Hank and baby Dean show up.

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    The individual troop makes a world of a difference, as to a lesser degree does the council. Most troops are sponsored by some local church/synagogue/Greek oracle, but how much of a crap they give about it differs. Most of the leadership in my troop couldn't give a damn about the local priest, whereas some troops are really heavy on the religious stuff.

Sent via Mojave Courier service

3. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    On an unrelated note, the Norway section of Epcot has the Rohan themes from Lord of the Rings playing as ambient music.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Wait, they have oracles? Shoot, I should've been a scout. :p

5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    The DE sourcebook mentions a time where C3P0 angered Darth Vader by mistaking him for a new model of droid at an Alderaanian ball...

... I demand to see this in a story.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ...wow. That's just plain wacky on so many levels.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Though you have to wonder who would have hated having Vader there more. Vader himself or Bail. :p

8. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    So I'm at the Animal Kingdom today. It's neat and I like the "safari", but the water ride is waaaaaay less impressive than I remember. Also the Dinosaur ride does its best to burst your eardrums.

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I am off to go paint balling for the first time in nearly 15 years. As a teen, I used to play all summer long. I imagine I am a bit rusty, but a bunch of 25-30 year olds playing war games in the forest is too fun to pass up! And tomorrow I am taking some buddies skeet shooting for the first time, so the weekend is off to a fun start!

Since I will not be in naval settings today, I have changed my rank accordingly. :p

--Gen. Nick

10. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah, so I met Jason Fry today and he was awesome and I got my Warfare guide signed. My day > yours, Lit :D

instantdeath and blackmyron like this.
  11. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    At Disneyworld? I hope carrying a book of Warfare around didn't raise too many eyebrows.

12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    I park hopped over to Star Wars Weekends, so I wasn't remotely out of place :p

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm about to see an exhibition on Egyptian, Mesopotamian, and Roman glasswork I randomly found in upstate NY. So... we'll see about that.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

blackmyron likes this.
  14. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    That *does* sound pretty cool... However, I stand by my assertion!

instantdeath likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Fine, try: Matt Stover liked a dirty SW joke I made on Facebook today. :p

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I wouldn't know about that; I'm still waiting for you to accept my friend request on Facebook. :_|

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, right. There's usually a waiting list. It's quite exclusive, you see. Just ask PG how long it usually takes to get cleared :p

But I'll see about expediting your entry, though there are about seventy people ahead of you in line :p

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

18. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Re: my day is better than your day: I had a rye sandwich with salami and cheese, and I'm thinking about how my military service has been over for 138 days already and being extremely happy about it. I still sometimes take the at attention position when superiors start to talk to me. And the dreams I sometimes have... "We'll begin our shooting test now... Where is Jäger Lugija's rifle?!" "Sir, mmaamum..."

...You know, every time I start to talk about my military service, I remember that there are people actually fighting a war
    [​IMG]
    not playing at one, and I feel like I really shouldn't complain.

19. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    And I return a victorious champion, fresh from the battlefield and thankfully covered with very little paint! And, lest you assume cowardice, I can assure you it was purely skill, as my kill ratio was surprisingly high.

I am a 30 year old who hasn't played in 15 years, so I confess I am a bit proud, especially considering it was in very steep terrain and we were playing against kids basically 10 years younger. A total of 65 people showed up to the range, so we had essentially 30 vs. 30, which was tons of fun. I was there as part of a bachelor party, so one advantage we had was that +/- 50% of our team were all friends, with the majority friends who had played together numerous times over the years. We all long ago sold our gear, so we all used rental equipment.

Which, to be honest, made our victories today all the better. These younglings we were facing had top notch guns, gear, and modern camouflage. We had rental Model 98's, wore jeans and old assorted camouflage of various colors, and beat-up masks. And we positively mopped the floor with em! :D

True, our greatest advantage was our ability to play as a team and think tactically & strategically, but let me tell you, it was a BLAST. :cool:

Thus ends my day in the army. I now revert to my standard naval rank. [face_relieved]:D

--Adm. Nick

20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    So...it wasn't a trap?

The Loyal Imperial likes this.
  21. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    To be fair, Stover's liking most of the comments on his wall these days. He even called an idea I had in regard to how to implement the Soliloquy in a theoretical live action Caine show "brilliant". Clearly he's giving these things out :p

Though then again, I think being called brilliant by Matthew Stover qualifies as a good day in of itself.

22. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    No traps that I recall, just good old fashioned maneuvers. Though I would be remiss if I didn't mention a group of seven 10-12 year olds also on our team, which after the first few skirmishes we affectionately christened the Seven Dwarves and/or Munchkin Squad. Small, not super experienced, but surprisingly brave. By days end, I had whipped my Munchkin Squad into a team that actually performed well together. When we were playing a game called "Protect the President (ie, one player is a VIP who we have to protect), one Munchkin was selected as the VIP. I was proud that the rest of his fellow kids all formed a protective shield around him and followed orders rather nicely.

A fine day indeed!

--Adm. Nick

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I just thought I'd counter his author thing with an author thing of my own. The museum is still the coolest thing, imo. Only spent about two hrs there -- would've liked to spend at least three times that amount there minimally, but alas I am invariably always dragged out of museums against my will. :p

24. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I've sadly never been to a museum for any extended period of time. I'm the only one in my family who would be interested. My family went once to an Art Museum in New York, and my sister had us out of there in 5 minutes to go to the Harry Potter museum down the block :(

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    New topic: men cosplaying as Boushh--effeminate or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.