Lit ACKBAR IS BACK - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

1. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    [IMG]

That's the first young Boba I've seen that actually looks like a plausible Jango armor/Boba armor halfway point.
  2. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    [IMG]
    This is also rather epic, apparently some kind of mentor figure that was intended for the game.
    Ulicus and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  3. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm rather fond of this piece of concept work, too. Particularly the helmet design.
    Show Spoiler
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Last edited by The Loyal Imperial, Oct 28, 2013
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    Is it just me, or does Boba look like he is fighting Bando Gora here?
    [IMG]
  5. Cynical_Ben Force Ghost

star 4
    They look more like off-Tuskens to me.
  6. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Probably meant to be a Cthon.
  7. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    In some ways this may not belong here, but in others it probably does, not least as, while there's a fair amount of friendly jousting and taking the mick here, when things get serious Lit tends to be very supportive so.....

Not a good evening. Parents dropped by with bad news about my uncle - cancer due to asbestos, which, as he worked as a bricklayer, he could have picked up any time in the last 40 years! Doesn't sound at all good, as palliative care is the only option for him. Probably find out more over the next few days in all likelihood, not that it's going to change the big picture.

Feel utterly inadequate in response to this, there's nothing you can say that's up to the situation, there's exceedingly little I can do. All in all? Not a good evening.

Is it better to know than not to know? Yes, but can't deny ignorance sometimes does have a certain seductiveness.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello Community and Lit moderator person

Manager
    star 10
    Sorry to hear that, Ben. You're right, there's usually very little one can do in these situations but offer condolences and hope for the best.
  9. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I'm sorry. :( I've lost an uncle and an aunt to cancer (brain and pancreas) in the past 15 months. Unfortunately there really isn't much you can do other than be available for them.

Hang in there.
  10. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    That's awful, Ben! :( Like Anakinsfan said, the best thing to do is just hang in there. Your uncle will appreciate knowing you're there for him, no matter what happens.
  11. Force Smuggler Force Ghost

star 5
    Hang in there @Jedi Ben! We got your back!
  12. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    Yep, just hang in there Ben.[:D] I personally always found that just being available to them if they want you to and treating them as if not all that much has changed works for me in such cases.
  13. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    Fun Fact: the best time to decide to spontaneously pick up Attic Greek is when you're two pages into a twelve page American Foreign Relations paper that's due Thursday. Suddenly, the distinction between diphthongs is fascinating.
    jSarek likes this.
  14. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Ben, I have few constructive things to say in these situations--just know what we love ya.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello Community and Lit moderator person

Manager
    star 10
    In happier news, some lost ROTJ footage has surfaced: http://mashable.com/2013/10/28/star-wars-laserdisc-footage/

edit: Better, more direct link, is to just go to facebook.com/rotjeditdroid

Of particular interest: the cut line that Kenobi would've told Luke about Vader had Yoda let him. That would've completely changed the reputation he has of being a total liar [face_laugh]
    Last edited by GrandAdmiralJello, Oct 28, 2013
  16. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry to hear that Ben. :(

Asbestos has affected so many lives.
  17. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
  18. GrandAdmiralJello Community and Lit moderator person

Manager
    star 10
    I'm sure the entire thing was staged, given that it's pretty hard to confuse a TV screen for a window (even walking towards it would give away that the optics weren't changing). The fact that it's clearly a TV commercial makes it even more definite.
  19. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, I'm fairly sure it was staged, I'm just reacting to the legion of people who are calling it inhumane. I've always found it amusing how quick we are to take offense at something like this... while meanwhile Japan is chasing people down hallways with rubber dinosaurs and calling it a lighthearted prank.
    Last edited by instantdeath, Oct 29, 2013
  20. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Hang in there, Ben. We are all here for you. I will keep your family in my prayers. [:D][face_praying]

--Adm. Nick
  21. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5

Yeah but in Japan they also used to test the sharpness of their Swords on the corpses of executed people. [face_plain]
  22. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Sorry to hear about your uncle, Ben. Cancer sucks, but know you have our support, and I'm sure your uncle appreciates any support from you and your family. [:D]
  23. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Only time I've ever found Big Bang Theory amusing

I maintain that laugh tracks are among mankind's worst creations.
    JackG, AdmiralWesJanson and RC-1991 like this.
  24. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    BBT has a lot more problems than laugh tracks, but I agree. I tolerate it on HIMYM because they don't play to the laughter, it just sort of overlaps.
  25. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    I've been reading X-Men comics for seventeen years.

Someone explain to me what the **** this movie is about.