main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    "Luke never got married, the Emperor never got cloned".

Thank Havac.

Havac and Cynical_Ben like this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    IF Lucas had actually pulled off the PT and not made other dubious decisions since then the net conversations about it all simply wouldn't exist.

3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004

It's a matter of inevitability, because there's a good chance in another year those two things will be true!

But Lucas does reserve the right to contradict himself.

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    See the way to change your mind in a virtual age is the way Joe Q did it a couple of Spider-Men mini which was, in effect to say: "I'm not allowed to change my mind years later?" He didn't opt for the: "Oh but I really had this masterplan which... "

Depending on the line I can't guarantee I'd be happy about it, but Lucas'd at least get points for honesty if just came out with: Yeah, it was 9 eps but I made it 6 and changed the focus to Anakin.

5. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I think originally it was 12. He could never keep his story straight.

I'm not sure if he's deliberately lying or if he's just so apathetic that he genuinely doesn't remember what he was thinking at the time. Because Lucas strikes me as someone that doesn't take Star Wars very seriously.

6. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    No doubt. I'm just pointing out that the whole "what George says is highest canon" thing always seemed, to me, like it basically came down to cherry picking on the part of the continuity PTB.

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, I'm not at all convinced, rather the converse - especially where the PT concerned! Had he not been so set on making a Big Serious Statement (tm) the PT might have turned out better.

8. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I always found the situation to be bizarre insofar as that they take the most random and arbitrary off-the-cuff remarks that he makes and institute them -- sometimes seemingly misinterpreting them -- while at the same time they have stuff in the EU that seems to violate his intent if not directly then in spirit.

Like the whole situation with the Wookiee Jedi. We don't get the whole picture so it's hard to figure what the deal was, but I wouldn't be surprised if George rejected a Wookiee Jedi character for some project for reasons known only to himself, and TPTB chose to interpret it as "Wookiee can't be Jedi" and instituted the moratorium. Then Lucas includes one in TCW and suddenly "George never had a moratorium on Wookiee Jedi." It's true, he probably didn't, but TPTB instituted one erroneously on his behalf because they're overzealous in enforcing his "vision."

OTOH, it's possible that Lucas did make such a claim that there can be no Wookiee Jedi, and then changed his mind.

Ulicus likes this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Relatedly, no one resents OMD more than I do, but even I'll admit Quesada never made much of a secret out of wanting to undo the marriage. The Lucasian strategy would've been to say that JMS' run was always leading to that.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You're on your own Coop! I'm not touching OMD, that's a thread-WMD right there!

CooperTFN likes this.
  11. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Hey, look at this guy:

[​IMG]

12. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why is not Trevas doing cover art for the books?

14. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Because he is a good artist, but only so-so with photoshop. :p

15. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Considering I've picked out what parts of his pics used Photoshop, the last part of that statement is true. :p

Gamiel likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Darth Suit. [face_laugh]

WANT.

Makes me think of Secret of My Success when Michael J. Fox's character is told not to talk to the suits.

17. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I think there were some wires crossed, somewhere. :p

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Speaking of crossed wires, I'm just gonna leave this here.

[​IMG]

19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I can get behind Wolverine as a Jedi. What I can't get behind is that his eyes are looking off in two different directions.

20. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    I have not been to Worth1000 in years. I should see what I have missed. Same with McSweeneys.

21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    "Thanks for noticing—we're going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon."

Technical difficulties?

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    What, you PMed him?

24. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Pablo's twitter died?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.