Lit ACKBAR IS BACK - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    IF Lucas had actually pulled off the PT and not made other dubious decisions since then the net conversations about it all simply wouldn't exist.
  2. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5

It's a matter of inevitability, because there's a good chance in another year those two things will be true!

But Lucas does reserve the right to contradict himself.
  3. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    See the way to change your mind in a virtual age is the way Joe Q did it a couple of Spider-Men mini which was, in effect to say: "I'm not allowed to change my mind years later?" He didn't opt for the: "Oh but I really had this masterplan which... "

Depending on the line I can't guarantee I'd be happy about it, but Lucas'd at least get points for honesty if just came out with: Yeah, it was 9 eps but I made it 6 and changed the focus to Anakin.
  4. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    I think originally it was 12. He could never keep his story straight.

I'm not sure if he's deliberately lying or if he's just so apathetic that he genuinely doesn't remember what he was thinking at the time. Because Lucas strikes me as someone that doesn't take Star Wars very seriously.
  5. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    No doubt. I'm just pointing out that the whole "what George says is highest canon" thing always seemed, to me, like it basically came down to cherry picking on the part of the continuity PTB.
    DigitalMessiah likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    Oh, I'm not at all convinced, rather the converse - especially where the PT concerned! Had he not been so set on making a Big Serious Statement (tm) the PT might have turned out better.
  7. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    I always found the situation to be bizarre insofar as that they take the most random and arbitrary off-the-cuff remarks that he makes and institute them -- sometimes seemingly misinterpreting them -- while at the same time they have stuff in the EU that seems to violate his intent if not directly then in spirit.

Like the whole situation with the Wookiee Jedi. We don't get the whole picture so it's hard to figure what the deal was, but I wouldn't be surprised if George rejected a Wookiee Jedi character for some project for reasons known only to himself, and TPTB chose to interpret it as "Wookiee can't be Jedi" and instituted the moratorium. Then Lucas includes one in TCW and suddenly "George never had a moratorium on Wookiee Jedi." It's true, he probably didn't, but TPTB instituted one erroneously on his behalf because they're overzealous in enforcing his "vision."

OTOH, it's possible that Lucas did make such a claim that there can be no Wookiee Jedi, and then changed his mind.
    Ulicus likes this.
  8. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Relatedly, no one resents OMD more than I do, but even I'll admit Quesada never made much of a secret out of wanting to undo the marriage. The Lucasian strategy would've been to say that JMS' run was always leading to that.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Feb 17, 2014
  9. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    You're on your own Coop! I'm not touching OMD, that's a thread-WMD right there!
    CooperTFN likes this.
  10. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Hey, look at this guy:

[IMG]
  11. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
  12. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
    Why is not Trevas doing cover art for the books?
  13. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Because he is a good artist, but only so-so with photoshop. :p
  14. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Considering I've picked out what parts of his pics used Photoshop, the last part of that statement is true. :p
    Gamiel likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Darth Suit. [face_laugh]

WANT.

Makes me think of Secret of My Success when Michael J. Fox's character is told not to talk to the suits.
  16. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I think there were some wires crossed, somewhere. :p
    DigitalMessiah likes this.
  17. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Speaking of crossed wires, I'm just gonna leave this here.

[IMG]
  18. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I can get behind Wolverine as a Jedi. What I can't get behind is that his eyes are looking off in two different directions.
  19. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    I have not been to Worth1000 in years. I should see what I have missed. Same with McSweeneys.
  20. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
  21. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    "Thanks for noticing—we're going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon."

Technical difficulties?
  22. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
  23. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    Pablo's twitter died?
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
  25. Cynical_Ben Force Ghost

star 4
    No, I think it's shut down completely. I had him in my follow list, and he's gone now, as are all of his tweets. [face_shhh]
    Revanfan1 likes this.