main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    JLU gave us "Epilogue", along with Superman's World of Cardboard speech and the absolutely sublime adaptation of "For the Man Who Has Everything". Those things alone put it on a level only five or six other shows in history can ever touch. And then you get into stuff like Booster Gold, Nathan Fillion as Vigilante, the witty repartee of "Double Date", the layered and complex plotting through the Cadmus arc, Amanda Waller, Flash visiting the villains' bar and talking with the Trickster, Green Arrow, and Am I Blue?. Yep, you're pretty much correct.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Love the Flash talking to the Trickster. Absolute favorite part of that episode.

Mia Mesharad and Cynical_Ben like this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    My absolute favorite moments in JLU were Superman's "World of Cardboard" speech (it gives me chills every time) and that one time when Flash beat the living daylights out of BRANIAC (or was it BRANIAC/Luthor? It's been a long time since I've seen that episode). You rarely see Flash get mad, and when he does...whoa. It's like when Wes Janson does his freaky five steps, five shots, five kills thing. You do not mess with the jokester, because he will end you, apparently. :p

Mia Mesharad and TrakNar like this.
  4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Hey, JLU is great and everything, but king of the DCAU? Exhibit A:

5. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    That was the first episode of BTAS I ever saw. I was about eight and it was in a hotel room while we were on vacation. Freaked me the kark out.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Exhibit B:

darthscott3457 likes this.
  7. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    That may be the best Joker scene, so here is the best Lex Luthor scene:

Revanfan1 and darthscott3457 like this.
  8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You suck at Anchorman references.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That pleases me.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm like 5 years late, but these Arkam games are brilliant.

blackmyron, Kylun, Havac and 2 others like this.
  11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    So I bought the first Assassin game last week after reading about the series here (thanks for that) and have used my free-time playing it. And have bought the second game but it has to wait over the Easter.

I just finished it (the game crashed in the very last duel so I had to replay the entire last level. Not cool). Some thoughts:
    Running around, quick killing and fighting is fun. Considering that I have mainly played RPG's and strategy games for years having a game where you don't have to memorize tens of buttons and what each one does is good.

I also enjoy that most fights could be won by running away. That's my kind of fighting. I don't remember how many regular templars I eliminated by having one run after me and jump from the roof to death while I was hiding in a garden. Go templars!

But that one fight with Robert's men... [face_bleh] It's a trial by combat, I don't have ten men, why do you have ten men? Why can't I suddenly run or jump anywhere? It took me many many reloads to get through that fight. But at least I mastered the art of running in circles to re-establish synchronization. That came handy in the last level.

Edit: And Starkid has announced their next two musicals. Actually they announced them a week ago but if there are any like me who haven't yet got the news and are interested: There's The Trail to Oregon!, which is about a kid playing the game going back in time to the real trip to Oregon (I except a lot of people to die of dysentery). The second is... wait for it...

[​IMG]

At first I was a little wary of this, because I don't want it to be the same old Han shooting Rodians and prequel jokes, but given Starkid's track record I shouldn't be worried. They make most of their jokes of stuff they love, and add heartwarming stories. They also include a lot of obscure stuff of their inspiration (The main villain in Holy Musical B@tman was Sweet Tooth for gosh sakes!) I'm not saying there will be a Trioculus cameo but some EU gems might find their way in.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Just wait until you can command your own squad of assassins. Forget running away -- I just sit on top of an armored white warhorse and let my flunkies do all the work for me.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  13. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I love most of the DC animated stuff, the only minor thing I hold against JLU was I would have liked to have seen Hal Jordan & John Stewart, and Barry Allen & Wally West. Pretty much the Justice League as portrayed in Young Justice, how I miss that show. Though I don't think Hal even said more than a couple of words in the whole series.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    One of the first I ever saw, too! :p

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Trying to find something on Google and I'm starting to think I imagined it--does one of the cross-section books (or Incredible Locations, or whatever) have a diagram of the inside of the Endor shield generator bunker?

16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Not to my knowledge.

17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    How do leveled items work in Skyrim? Does discovering a location but not entering it set the level of the item within a location?

Wookieepedia doesn't have an image for something like that to my knowledge, but could it have been in Star Wars: Complete Locations?

18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    You'd think, but I don't have mine handy and I'm not seeing it online.

19. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Neither have I, but it's either that or Inside the Worlds of the Star Wars Trilogy. I wouldn't doubt it being in either one of those books solely on whether there are known images online, because it doesn't seem like most reference books like that are ever completely photographed, probably to ensure that people buy such books.

20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's not in Incredible Locations. Though Incredible Locations does confirm that the underground base is 70km in diameter. Nor is it in the ROTJ Galaxy Guide.

21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Eh, I gave up already.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  22. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    That mystery cross-section must be in the same location of my mystery publicity pic of Boba Fett arm-in-arm with Greeata at the premiere of the SpEd.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  23. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Yes... Yes!!! Feel the laziness!!!

24. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Quite disappointed in the Community (season, hopefully) finale. What a waste of two episodes.

25. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Took too long to just edit the old post. I've calmed down, and was probably too pessimistic. Still not thrilled with the two episodes, but no longer loathing them.

On the plus side, Archer had a great dialogue bit involving Star Wars:
    Lana: But I just this second realized why you want to stay down here. Cyril's just the Vader to your Palpatine.
    Malory: Is that a reference I should get, or...?
    Lana: Seriously?
    Malory: Well, I'm sorry, Lana, I didn't go to rabbinical school.
    Lana: It's from... No, you know what? Never mind. But, spoiler alert, Vader ends up killing Palpatine.
    Cyril: Hey.
    Cherlene: But only for three days, right? And then he moves the rock and comes out of his cave stronger than ever.
    Pam: Then he shuts off the tractor beam, releasing the Jews from captivity.
    Lana: What?
    Malory: Wait, yes, now that sounds familiar.
    Lana: It cannot possibly.
    Malory: Gospel of Luke?
    Cyril: Hey.
    Lana: Oh for... Ray, you used to be a preacher, you want to back me up here?
    Ray: I actually don't know. My church didn't really do the New Testament.
    Lana: The one with Jesus Christ in it.
    Ray: I mean, I take your word for it, but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.