main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It also says I charm the pants off everyone I meet–and while that's not necessarily true, I've never introduced myself to someone and had them dislike me instantly, so... :p

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    In my book that means you're not trying hard enough.

Sinrebirth and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Or maybe too hard. ;)

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I got Queen Elizabeth. Majestic presence? Nope! Stickler for tradition and protocol? It depends. Perceived by others as cold? Does aloof count? Responsible and capable even during tragedy? That seems to be when I'm actually quite level-headed and go through everything with mechanical precision.

I don't see how picking that knitted sock hat defines me as Elizabeth.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I got Prince George.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Ugh I'm Prince Charles too. Was hoping for Prince Philip. I was playing around trying to get all the different men to see if Philip was even available and I swear it all practically comes down to that stupid season question.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I got Prince Harry, even though my favorite season is Fall, I like reading and I'd rather go to Scotland.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Relevant.

MercenaryAce and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    First Prince Charles is imitating Daleks, then the Queen is caught eyeing the Iron Throne. Now this? Should we be concerned, Ulicus? What's your side of the pond up to?

Point Given likes this.
  10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I know I'm late to the Mad Men party, but I'm certainly glad I'm here.
    [​IMG]

11. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Windsor is coming.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You WOULD like Philip best :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

13. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wait--I got that stuffy woman who carries a purse in her own house because I like winter the best?

LOL. Buzzfeed, you troll.

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Also relevant, especially GrandAdmiralJello

Between the Imperial March and the Game of Thrones theme, I wonder if we should be worried?

Force Smuggler, Kylun and Ulicus like this.
  16. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    This is my favourite example of that:

Findswoman and MercenaryAce like this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Day made!

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Why do I always get stuck sitting next to people who have no sense of personal space? No, sit, I do not need your elbow in my ribs. No, please don't raise your arm and aim your armpit at me?

Ogres, honestly. I thoroughly loathe modern unmannered society.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Things were so much better when everyone gave you plenty of space before you were drawn and quartered. :p

Though, more seriously, I found it interesting when I read a report about personal space in different countries, especially how Americans generally have a lot of it that makes them seem cold and distant to many other countries.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Eh, I've ridden subways in Spain and England, and didn't find them any different to the various subway lines I've ridden here. But I'm sure places like India have some radically different views on subway etiquette.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't notice a difference in personal space allotment in the UK but I definitely did in France.

I'm a friendly person, but holy hell, don't stand that close.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    "He might lose his foot."

"Just when he'd got it in the door!"

JackG likes this.
  23. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

I doubt that was the deciding factor, because I chose a different hat and still got Elizabeth too. Though that hat question was honestly kind of doofy, since two (arguably three) of the hats looked pretty much the same. Now if there had been a sleek little 20's-style cloche, on the other hand...

Most of those Elizabeth attributes (majestic presence, stickler for tradition, sometimes seems cold) are "it depends" for me as well. It would have been fun to end up as Princess Kate, but I'm perfectly fine with "Mum."

Edit: And Ulicus, I would love to shake the hand of that band director. Reminds me of church organists I've known who've done things like play "Send In the Clowns" for visiting clergy and "The old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be" for snarky mothers of brides.

24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That scene is when you first realize that Mad Men is really just a TWD-style gorefest in disguise.

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There is one absolute rule on the London Underground escalators: You will stand on the right!

Ulicus , Revanfan1 and Gamiel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.