main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Acquired a Revenge of the Jedi Poster

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kloneicle, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Kloneicle

Kloneicle Jedi Padawan

Oct 6, 2014
    Tampa Bay Area fan here. :)

I just acquired a "Revenge of the Jedi" framed poster. I'm wondering how I can determine if it’s real or not. To fill in some background, a friend of mine has had this around for 11 years now. He recently attempted to sell it through local Craigslist but didn't get many bites. He asked me if I wanted it in passing some time ago, but he was interested in selling it. He originally bought it off eBay in 2003 for $600 and then had it framed. And now it’s ended up in my hands. He offered to part with it if I had any PC equipment laying around (I do IT for a living, so I'm always happy to clean out the closet) Lol. I have no reasons to believe its fake, nor do I have reasons to care of its real other than curiosity. I doubt I would sell if it is real. He's just a co-worker of 6 years of mine, if it's fake, I see no reason why he would lie to just give it to me this way. So if it is, he was the one out $600 in the end. I just get a cleaner looking closet and a cool poster dude!

Through some googling, I was able to determine this site; http://www.movepostercollectors.com/MPC_Authentication_Revenge_of_the_Jedi.html

There are some major points detailed there that I will elaborate on my inspection.

1. This is not machine folded as detailed on that website, there are what appears to be some minor blemishes or marks of some kind on its surface (most in the black areas). There is a short vertical 4in ripple that is flattened out. But no folded lines. *although rare, not impossible per site info

2. I'm not able to determine size as it is already framed, I would have to break the "seal" to check size I imagine, is there anything I could check here? When you measure, is it from inner edge or outer edge? *undetermined result

3. I do not have a "cloudy" corner in the lower right. And if it counts the 20th Fox logo has a blue tint to it. *checks out

4. As stated above, I have what appears to be a "dated version with tagline". *this line doesn't directly relate to this edition

5. (Second fourth hah) there are zero faint "copied" fold lines which would indicate a replicated copy of a folded original. *checks out

It would be fun to know if it was real, so if anyone has any pointers or knows of a reputable local shop for verification. That would be great! At this point, looks like size is going to be my ultimate determination?

Located in Sarasota.