"Across A Crowded Room"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jaded, Jun 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaded Jedi Knight

star 3
    Title: Across A Crowded Room
    Author: Jaded (opheliadrowning@hotmail.com)
    Rating: PG
    Summary: The chance to live and love again is sometimes just a walk across a crowded room. Luke/Mara. Sequel to Forum16/HTML/000661.html"A Different View."

"Across A Crowded Room"
    by Jaded

He caught her eye across the crowded room, but it was not long before he lost sight of her in the blur of the party. He searched, but she had disappeared. Reaching out with force, he touched her presence and was instantly reassured as she reached back, like a comforting squeeze of a hand. As the connection broke, he found himself suddenly anxious, gulping down a nervous breath of air. He looked for her again, but found only familiar faces that didn't belong to her.

"So Hobbie, you married yet?" Wes Janson grinned clowningly, hovering around his friend.

Hobbie Klivian sniffed, unfazed. "I'm letting the offers pile up. You can't be too picky, you know."

"Beggars can't be choosers, Four," Wes persisted, still grinning.

"Coming from a seasoned bachelor like yourself, Wes, I'll take your advice to the refresher. And flush it."

"Hobbie," Wes said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, "I'm doing the universe a huge favor by sharing myself with as many ladies as possible."

"Yeah, the universe called and wants a refund."

"So Luke," Corran jumped in, wedging himself between Hobbie and Janson, "as the galaxy's most eligible bachelor, how are you faring on that front? Better than these guys, I hope." His green eyes sparkled knowingly and Luke hitched for a moment, wondering what really was on Corran Horn's mind.

Luke considered it for a moment and took another brief scan of the room. "I'm working on it," he said evenly, and smiled faintly. "Great party, by the way, Corran. You and Mirax really outdid yourselves."

Corran shrugged modestly. "Hey, how often do you get the celebrate the victory of the battle of Endor?"

Hobbie glanced at his wrist-chrono. "According to my last calculations, once a year, Corran."

"I was going to *say,* how often do you get to celebrate it with all your friends and," Corran continued, gesturing wildly to the room around him, "so many people who were there?"

"You're a special, special man," Hobbie replied, straight faced.

"It ceases to amaze me why you're still single, Hobbie. Wes--I understand, but you . . ."

"It's my scathing optimism. It can be a bit overwhelming at times."

Luke laughed. "If you'll excuse me, guys."

"Sure," Corran said, then reached out and touched Luke on the shoulder before he was out of arm's length. "Hey, Luke, you know Mara's here, right?" His face was questioning.

Luke flashed an enigmatic smile. "Yeah," he said smiling. "I know."

[This message has been edited by Jaded (edited 06-01-2000).]
  2. Queen_Pixie Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool! I always like seeing Wedge and the boys in a fanfic, esp. with Luke and Mara too.

Yub Yub commander

3. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    WOOHOO! She's back!

Keep it up, it's looking good...
  4. jedi jaffacake Jedi Master

star 1
    I like this! What can I say? It's the first story I've read involving Luke & Mara. Keep posting!

5. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    All right, the boys are together.

Sounds like it's time to do some drinking, tell lies, and chase women.

Ignore this edit. After re-reading the intro, my question became unnecessary.

[This message has been edited by Herman Snerd (edited 06-01-2000).]
  6. TheB5Fan Jedi Master

star 4
    up to the top, looks good so far
  7. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I always thought Corran knew something was up!

What can I say other than, "More please!"
  8. RogueJai Jedi Master

star 4
    More? Please. I really liked the way you wrote Different View. *grin* Mush? Mush? Mush, please.
  9. mj Jedi Knight

star 2
    *drool* More!! More!!

You know how I love your fanfics, Jaded. Thanks for starting another one.
  10. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    All I needed to see was Jaded and I knew it would be good.
    I love this stuff.
    More please.
  11. Phoenix928 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh boy...

Ok, now that you've got all of "the boys" gathered together, we're going to need to see some drunken carousing. And lots of it. I mean LOTS of it.

Perhaps an impromptu sabacc game in one of the back rooms? Maybe Mirax lacing everyone's drinks with just the slighest bit of glitterstim? And of course, we'll need Hobbie and Wes completely plastered and dancing half-naked on the tables. It just HAS to happen.
  12. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    Whow another cool story of Jaded. The wonder fanfiction girl! Come to this party ya'll! This should be really special, cause wedge and corran are involved I love those guys!! Where did Jaded get all those cool idea's ???? confused.gif

Go team Jade cure Mara
    http://www.terravista.pt/copacabana/5274/love.gif
  13. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah!

Jaded is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't get enough of "A Different View" and you should have seen how my face lit up with a smile when I saw that you wrote another one.

Thank you so much!

And oh yeah, who could forget- Post, Please!
  14. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RogueJai:
    More? Please. I really liked the way you wrote Different View. *grin* Mush? Mush? Mush, please.

Oh yeah another thing-

I second that!
  15. Master Lurker Jedi Knight

star 1
    i have never done this before but i will try it.

tops!

~unknown~
  16. Jaded Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, I am liking the love here. Thanks everyone! Enjoy, with more to come soon.

"Across a Crowded Room"
    by Jaded cont.

"Hey, Luke, you know Mara's here, right?" His face was questioning, almost anticipatory.

Luke flashed an enigmatic smile. "Yeah," he said, "I know."

Corran turned to Hobbie and Wes. They looked back at Corran, and then, they all turned their full attention back on to Luke's receding form. Something like a leer leapt onto Wes's face.

Then something like concern crossed Hobbie's normally dour face. "Oh, I'm not liking that look, Wes. Corran, you got your lightsaber handy?"

"Looks like the boss has got a girlfriend," Wes said, bright-eyed and mischievous.

"I certainly hope he doesn't," a female voice chimed in. The three men all turned in unison to see the graceful face of Iella Wessiri who had a happy Wedge Antilles in tow. She smiled up at their commander and squeezed his hand. "I wouldn't want to dirty up my clothes by beating him up."

Corran leaned over and hugged his old CorSec partner. "Radiant as always, Iella." She gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"So what are you girls gossiping about?"

Hobbie sighed sadly. "Just because you wear women's clothing once..."

"Women's clothing?" Corran echoed, looking at Hobbie, then Wes, then at Wedge. "Oh, this I gotta hear."

Iella jabbed Corran in the ribs. "Spill first."

Corran looked at her apologetically. "I forgot what a bully you were, Iella." He touched his side gingerly. "We were talking about Luke, not Wedge. Looks like our favorite Jedi master is on the prowl for a girl."

"Oh, you mean Mara?"

Corran look flabbergasted. A few stray words sputtered out of his mouth, but nothing discernible.

"Oh c'mon, Horn. You forget, I work in intelligence. You do hear things. You're not that special."

"Hobbie thinks so," Wes interjected.

"I suppose hiding my shady past is out of the question, dear?" Wedge asked, the most innocent look plastered on his face.

"You're about shady as a pebble, Wedge," Iella replied laughingly.

"Now about the women's clothing," Corran reminded.

"Women's clothing?" Hobbie said, sounding puzzled. "Whatever are you talking about?"

"Would some of my special whiskey reserves be more compelling in getting you to tell me?"

Wes took no time in considering it. He slung one arm around Corran's shorter frame. "My friend, you would have looked absolutely exquisite in this little number that I had on . . ."

[to be continued]

[This message has been edited by Jaded (edited 06-05-2000).]
  17. Phoenix928 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ba-da-bing! You can't go wrong with Starfighters of Adumar references. You just can't.

It's not a half-naked Rogue Squadron engaged in drunken carousing, but it's getting there. Keep it coming...
  18. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes. Yes.

More drunken crousing.
  19. Lara_Notsil Jedi Knight

star 1
  20. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Will Luke & Mara get to join the drunken carousing?? THAT I'd like to see!!!
  21. Jaded Jedi Knight

star 3
    Pass the whiskey . . .

"Across A Crowded Room"
    by Jaded

Luke maneuvered around the crowded room, catching brief glimpses of his target who seemed to elude him--and doing it well--as though she knew his intention.

His attention momentarily somewhere else, he was crashed back to reality when he walked full-force into something large and hairy. Strong arms wrapped around him and suddenly, his feet were no longer on the ground.
    It only could be one person, or rather, one wookie . . .

A hand slapped him roughly on the back. "Hey, kid!" Dropped out of Chewbacca's grip, Luke stumbled backwards a few steps before regaining his balance. "I was hoping you'd make it."

"Hey, Chewie," he wheezed, "hey, Han." Taking a deep breath, he stood readjusted his posture. "Still calling me kid?" he grinned.

Han held out his hands self-effacingly. "I can't help it that I'm always gonna be older than you, Luke."

"Good point." He looked around the room. "So where's Leia?"

"She's coming. Just calling back home to check on the kids. Threepio's playing babysitter tonight, and she's kind of worried."

"Oh, Threepio's not that bad."

"It's Threepio that she's worried about."

"Oh." The brother-in-laws chuckled to themselves and then began walking over to find a seat by the wall. As they walked, they passed the Rogues at the make-shift wet bar the Horns had set up. Wedge was toasting and Corran was filling up another drink for Wes. Luke glanced at Han. "Is it safe to have this many Corellians in the same room?"

A classic, lop-sided grin crossed Han Solo's face. "So you've become a Jedi AND a joker now, Luke?"

Before he could respond, a series of loud hoots and hollars broke out from the x-wing pilots. Hobbie put his fingers in his mouth and whistled loudly, his eyebrows going up and down, and then up again.

"What's that about?" Han questioned.

"I have no . . ."

"Hey Luke, where's your girlfriend?" Wes cooed.

A involuntary, bright-red blush flooded his face and disappeared soon after as Luke focused and banished it away, but not before Han had seen it.

"What's that about?" he asked cautiously.

"Luke, you stud!" Hobbie yelled. A series of whistles and cat calls followed as he and Han moved a little further away and Luke was taken aback to see that Wedge and Corran were also involved. Corran pumped his fist in the air three times and Luke thought he also saw him wink.

"I don't know," Luke mumbled underneath his breath. "Maybe Rogue Squadron has suffered one too many direct-hits and it's finally taking it's toll."

"Um hm," Han replied thoughtfully. "Um hm."

[to be continued]

[This message has been edited by Jaded (edited 06-20-2000).]
  22. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I can safely say I have felt that embaressment before.

You had me laughing out loud!

I can't wait to see the guys really let it out soon. Lets find out why they are really called Corellians!

Waiting patiently for the next installment!
  23. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    That's the great thing about friends, they never pass up a chance to try to embarrass you in public.

Luke oughtta whip out his lightsaber and exact his revenge.
  24. mj Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ooh, those boys are evil. But you gotta love 'em! I wonder if Mara is witnessing all this?
  25. Jaded Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have no shame

UP it goes...

=jaded=
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.