main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Across A Crowded Room"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jaded, Jun 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    I was thinking the same thing Trace, I think Jaded just likes torturing us.. *grin*

2. Phoenix928

Phoenix928 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 2, 1999
    Hmmm... well, I know that Corran had both of his kneecaps shattered and had to have them replaced, but I didn't know that it was Mara's retaliation for walking in on her and Luke that was responsible... interesting...

(We need to see that happen, Jaded... can you oblige us, please?)

<Shakes head> Poor Corran... either Mara will beat the tar out of him, Luke will temporarily disregard the Jedi vows of avoiding bloody vengeance, Hobbie and Wes will burst in and throw up on everyone, thereby ruining this whole scene, or Mirax and/or Leia will burst in and lasso the moronic Horn, dragging him out of the picture... perhaps permanently... well, maybe not.

Anyways, I'd be happy with any of the above solutions...

3. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    Hope you guys are enjoying the party so far I am! Thanks for all the feedback! I'm still chuggin' along though, so I wouldn't mind a bit more if you have any to spare...muahaha!

=jaded=

Across A Crowded Room
    by Jaded

Corran Horn, face now brighter than a supernova, smiled a little too stupidly at Luke and Mara. His hands flew to cover his mouth. "Hey," he said again, this time in a whisper. Then he dropped his hands, his green eyes flickering first to Luke and then to Mara. He raised an eyebrow, visibly mustering up all his concentration to do so. And in a voice replete with sobriety, he said slyly, "I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

"Are you reading my thoughts right now?" Mara asked calmly

Corran looked at her quizzically. "No," he said slowly. "Why?"

"Luke?" she prompted.

Luke squinted a moment, as though he were trying to get a read on Mara's mind. Then he shook his head, "I wouldn't advise it, Corran. You really don't want to know."

He bit his lip and looked at Mara. "Should I take a hint?"

She smiled at her friend. "I see Mirax has trained you well."

Corran groaned and looked at Luke. "You were right, we should never have let those two meet. And they only were introduced tonight!" He walked over to the edge of the balcony, took a deep breath of air and peered down. "Well I'll be a hutt!" he exclaimed. "It's a long way down from up here!"

"Well I hope you don't drop many things down the side of the building," Mara said. "Telekinesis really isn't your thing." She placed thumb and forefinger on her chin for a moment. "Though I suppose if you fell right now, Luke could probably lift you back up."

"That's assuming I would want to," Luke chimed in.

Corran turned and pressed his fingers to his temple. "Is this--is this animosity I sense?" he slurred. Then without missing a beat, he switched topics again. "So what are you two doing out there? You're going to miss the whole party." He stepped away, back towards his apartment. "We're about to start a talent show inside. I'm here to recruit you two."

"To do what?" Mara asked.

"You could dance, and Luke, you could . . ."

Luke raised both his hands to halt Corran from going any further. "Corran, I'm not going to use the force to do tricks. I don't want to trivialize the power like that."

"Yeah, yeah, darkside tendencies, blah, blah, blah," he said, gesticulating like crazy. "But actually, I wasn't going to say that. Actually, this was Wedge's suggestion. He said you did a mean Ewok dance, and since this *is* a party celebrating the victory at the Battle of Endor . . ." he trailed off and stumbled before he stopped himself against the transparisteel of the building.

"I think I'll pass," two voices said together. Luke and Mara looked at each other. Corran looked at them.

"Hey, Horn!" Wedge shouted from inside the apartment before any of them could say another word, "get back in here before I sic Janson on you!" A growl from Wes promptly followed, as Wedge had given him a direct order to do so. "The talent show can't start without the host!"

"Yeah!" Hobbie yelled a split-second afterwards, "and we want to see you do your amazing coming-back-from-the-dead magic trick."

Corran grinned. "What can I do? My public awaits." He almost turned to go, then looked at Luke and Mara again. He grinned wolfishly. "I'll leave you two alone now. Go on with whatever you were doing before."

"Thanks for your permissison, CorSec," Mara said dryly, and then she stepped forward and helped him back inside with a shove. She walked back to where Luke was standing. She took his hand again in hers. "Now where were we?"

He gazed at her as though she were the only object in his whole universe, and at that moment, she truly was. "On the right track at last," he said, and his smile was in his eyes and his heart was on his sleeve.

[to be continued at a later date--and hopefully not one too late ]

[This message has been edited by Jaded (edited 06-20-2000).]

4. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Oh LOL. Love it. More.

5. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Aahhh....They are so CUTE together!

http://www.terravista.pt/Copacabana/5274/love.gif

6. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    Oooh, I like the part where she takes his hand.

Go Team Jade!!

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    ROTFL - an Ewok dance! I love it! Good one!

8. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Oh, that was so good. You handled Corran perfectly, Jaded.

Though I wouldn't have minded seeing him fall all the way down there...

Hilarious interruption.

[insert whine]I wanna see the Rogue Squadron drunken Talent show with Ewok dancing!! [/infantile whining]

This is so funny and SO good...more please?

9. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Here's my idea. In the middle of the Ewok dancing, Luke uses the Force to remove the alcohol from everyone's systems and sober them up.

Why should they wait until the next morning to realize they're behaving like idiots?

Of course if anybody ever magically sobered me up in the middle of one of my drunken reveries I'd kick their @ss, Jedi Master or not.

10. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>You're all I notice, in a crowded room...

11. Phoenix928

Dec 2, 1999
    So far so good...

Drunken Ewok dance is a nice idea...

Don't have much here in the way of commentary, but I would like to say something about drunken speech pattens... specifically, that I'm not seeing any. Maybe Wes, Wedge, Corran, Hobbie, etc. aren't drunk enough just yet to slur half their words, but if they are, it's kinda hard to tell... might want to take that into consideration.

Otherwise, like I said, so far so good...

12. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    I have no shame, as I've previously exhibited in past occasions. Up for now--new parts to come soon. In the meanwhile, enjoy the party

=jaded=

13. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Party on!!!!!!!!

14. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    UP! A L&M fanfic can't die!

15. Jaded

Jaded Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    The party's just started--come on in :)

"Across a Crowded Room" cont.
    by Jaded

She took his hand again in hers. "Now where were we?"

He gazed at her as though she were the only object in his whole universe, and at that moment, she truly was. "On the right track at last."

She raised both eyebrows in amusement. "Just out of the starting blocks?"

"More like rounding the bend," he amended as he pulled her a little closer, no resistance on her part. "Or on the final lap." He searched her eyes, and though her demeanor was calm, relaxed, in those twin orbs he saw his reflection amidst a swirl of color and emotion more wild and furious than a Tatooine sandstorm.

"And I thought we were in the home stretch," Mara said peckishly. "Who dropped the baton?"

Luke chuckled. "Nobody did--looks like the handoff is coming nicely."

"Well I don't know about that," she said slowly, peering around her shoulders where he held her, "but it seems like the hands are enjoying themselves."

"I can assure you they are."

"Any other parts of your body want to get in on the action--" Mara started and then stuttered to a halt. She began to blush. "I didn't meant *that*," she stammered, then composing herself, she laughed sharply. "You'd think I was about as drunk as those flyboys in there."

"I'd be running for my life if you were, Mara."

She poked him in the chest. "You should be running for your life as is, Skywalker."

Luke pursed his lips, a thoughtful expression on his face. "No, I think I like where I am right now."

"Since when are Jedi suckers for punishment?"

"Since the day I met you, Mara."

"Oh, now you're just flattering me."

Still holding her in his arms, his skin tingling against the cool, blue fabric and from the his proximity to her, Luke let the impish look of flirtation drop from his face, and he replaced that with the open, honest face of a man on the verge.

His nervousness was almost palpable but in it clung to him in the most endearing way to her. Mara wasn't much better, though she hid her anxiety better, letting the feeling flow in and through her. He shot her another look, and if she had been any other woman, she would have melted right there into him, but she maintained her signature cool, only letting her eyes soften a bit more and licking her lips, bracing herself for whatever was to transpire in the next moment.

Then, inches away from each other, fate--or more accurately, Rogue Squadron intervened and deterred them. A loud crash and screams followed by laughter flooded from the apartment as a rolled-up ball of black shot out through the terrace doors. Sighing miserably, they stepped apart yet once again and turned to look at the new distraction that conspired to lengthen their already epic and unconventional courtship.

Hobbie Klivian unrolled out of the mess of fabric that had once been his suit and laid a moment, staring up at the stars. It was only a matter of time before his eyes naturally wandered towards Luke and Mara who stood with impatient gaits and arms crossed. He smiled ruefully at them and then letting out a mournful sigh that seemed to come from his very toes, he quietly remarked to himself, "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride." Then one of Rogue Squadron's best and brightest rolled on his side and staggered up to his feet. "If yer..." he slurred, stopping in mid-sentence to shake his head clear of the stars in his eyes, "Am I dead? I don't see ma...snowspeeder..." He searched around, missing the sidelong glance Luke shot at Mara.

"I think Klivivian needs some more bacta!" Wes shouted, giggles breaking up the words.

"It's Klivan, you fool!" Hobbie cried, shaking his fist. "I mean...Emperor's black bones!" he cursed, "it's Klivian!" Then without a second glance to the people he had interrupted, Hobbie stormed back into the Horn's home, muttering something about Wes Janson and ion cannons, he disappeared.

"I think the Force is toying with us, Luke," Mara said as she walked back over to the edge of the balcony.

16. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Not much to say here, except random cheers from the peanut gallery. :)

:echoing, loud, obnoxious cheers are heard from the rafters:

How is it possible to enjoy and hate the Rogue Squadron simultaneously?

17. Phoenix928

Dec 2, 1999
    Drunken Rogues... gotta love 'em...

Nice play off of SOA, Jaded... what with Hobbie's drunken ramblings and all... I love that. Keep it coming... :)

18. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Great Jaded as always!! Up to the top
    go team Jade cure Mara

19. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    Love the Hobbie jokes...

And betting pool huh? Sounds like the Rogues to me!

20. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Imagine lots of big smiley faces....!!!

21. JadesHand

JadesHand Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 1, 2000
    I love Luke and Mara stories! Keep up the good work!

22. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    I have really missed reading this story!
    It had such great characterization!

Hope to read more soon.

23. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    This Rules!

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
  25. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999