main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Across the Stars - A Tribute to John Williams (formerly the Duel of the Fates Shrine)

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by jEdI_kEnObI80, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jEdI_kEnObI80

jEdI_kEnObI80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2003
    Okay, I've got the Duel of the Fates Shrine locked since we were going off topic about Episode III music. So now, I'm opening a new tribute to John Williams. NO EPISODE III MUSIC DISCUSSION!!!

First discussion: Do you like Duel of the Fates better or Across the Stars better?

2. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
    I, myself, can't decide between the two. They're both great pieces of music.

3. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    I like DotF better, but like Anakin's Theme, I think ATS had the more time spent on it

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    They're both great. You'll be hard pushed to find a better example of ATS than in "Confrontation with Count Dooku" as the Imperial March flows magnificently into ATS.

For DOTF, the best time you hear it is joint between "Return to Tatooine" from AOTC (Who would have heard THAT coming?) and the first two notes of the brass fanfare when Maul is revealed. Knowing the piece very well beforehand (thanks to MTV), you KNOW that something great is about to happen, and GL doesn't disappoint!

5. luvqui-gon_gurl

luvqui-gon_gurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah, Return to Tatooine is such a great piece of music! It's not surprising that John Williams can join two totally different pieces of music together for the scene, but it is amazing.

By the way, I like Across the Stars better. It's so soft, and sweet! Duel of the Fates is cool too, but it's for the more active fans. :D

6. Skywalker_Vader2be

Skywalker_Vader2be Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    I like DOTF better. It really fits into the fight scenes of the Star Wars prequels.

7. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I love both to pieces, I've always said DOTF is my favourite piece of Star Wars music, but lately ATS has really been growing on me and I could listen to it all day.

8. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
    I myself like Across the Stars. You can really listen to it forever and never get tired of it.

9. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
    I'm starting to like Across the Stars a lot myself.

10. Skywalker_Vader2be

Jul 25, 2003
  11. jEdI_kEnObI80

Jul 24, 2003
    Next discussion:

Which Star Wars score do you like best?

Examples:
    Duel of the Fates
    Across the Stars
    Anakin's Theme
    Imperial March

12. luvqui-gon_gurl

luvqui-gon_gurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    I still like Across the Stars best. It's so soothing...I think that it really could put a baby to sleep.

13. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    There are other threads (and if one doesn't exist, a specific one can be created) for discussing specific topics.

If you want some general friendly banter, you are all more than welcome to stop in The Music Tavern. :)

But this whole forum is mostly a tribute to John Williams. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.