main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Across the Stars is not the title of the love theme!

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by QuiGonJinn14, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiGonJinn14

QuiGonJinn14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 1999
    After buying my CD I noticed that there was no track called "Across the Stars" which we had all presumed was the love theme. Rather, track 2 - the love theme for AOTC is simply called "Love Theme from Attack of the Clones" AND NOT "Across the Stars." After watching the music video, I came to the conclusion that "Across the Stars" is just a compilation of different tracks made into one song, made specifically for the music video.

Let me know what you think!

-QuiGonJinn14

2. s1138_

s1138_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2000
    i am going to have to agree with you.

3. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    No, that is the name of the theme. John Williams and Sony Classical have confirmed it. I imagine it's just a goof on the track listings.

4. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I think you're wrong, SotS.

The music video that they're calling Across the Stars is edited together from different tracks on the soundtrack. The video is not just the love theme, apparently. Meanwhile, the love theme on the soundtrack is just called "Love Theme," which makes me think, like the others, that Across the Stars is what they're calling the edited piece heard in the video, not the love theme itself.

5. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Yeah, you're right, StarWars.com just confirmed it. But it was the name of the love theme originally. I have no idea why they decided to scrap that and just use the name for the video. The track title "Love Theme from Episode II" sounds so... empty.

6. QuiGonJinn14

QuiGonJinn14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 1999
    Here's the official word from starwars.com

First debuted on MTV, the Episode II music video is also available for online fans here at starwars.com in QuickTime format.

Across the Stars is an original composition by John Williams, crafted specifically for the music video. It takes a number of major themes and melodies from throughout the Episode II score and combines it into a single piece. The music video includes documentary footage of the scoring session with Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra as well as scenes from Attack of the Clones.

The Episode II soundtrack is available now from Sony Classical.

Across the Stars has a running time of 4 minutes and 32 seconds.

I wish they had kept the name "Across the Stars" but regardless, the love theme is awesome!

-QuiGonJinn14

7. The power's back!

The power's back! Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 1999
    If you go the official soundtrack website (starwars.sonyclassical.com) it begins playing a shockwave version of the love theme. The text on the page says "You are listening to Edit from Across the Stars (Love Theme)". I know this sounds kind of ambiguous, and can be used to argue both points. But that was my plan all along, as I feed on human hatred and suffering. Now, FIGHT.

(Actually, I agree that Across the Stars is still the name of the love theme, even if it's not on the track listing. :) )

8. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    yeah really it's too late. all the fans have started calling it Across the Stars so that's what it will be referred to.

9. Yodaddy

Yodaddy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    ???

Mine's the 13 track UK CD and track 2 is

Across the Stars (Love Theme from Attack of the Clones)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000065840/ref=sr_aps_classical_1_2/026-0502243-6877262

BTW, how good is the conveyor belt trk?

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I love the conveyore belt track. It's the one that's used in most of the AOTC TV spots

11. AmeiaSkywalker

AmeiaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    I like calling it Across the Stars instead of the love theme. It's too late to change it. :)

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yup. It's on the UK CDs, and possibly the Euro CDs as well, as "Across the Stars (Love Theme from Attack of the Clones)" so I would say it was a goof on the US CDs.

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Why a US goof and not a UK goof. Sony and LFL themselves have said that ATS was the name of the track released with the video, and that the track on the CD was the Love Theme. Seems like a UK goof to me

14. Jedi_Apprentice_Celt

Jedi_Apprentice_Celt Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2001
    On the inside, but not exterior, of my (presumably) American Episode II CD, it says: [Track] 2 Across the Stars (Love Theme from "Attack of the Clones."

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Sony and LFL themselves have said that ATS was the name of the track released with the video, and that the track on the CD was the Love Theme.

PPOR... :D

16. Jedi_Apprentice_Celt

Jedi_Apprentice_Celt Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2001
    Well, if that is true about what they said, then they made an error when they put it on the inside of the booklet on their CD.

17. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    LOL @ Stri! [face_laugh]

Isn't using "PPOR" a bannable offense now? :p

18. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Across the Stars is the Love Theme.

I bought my CD in France, and track two is called AtS. I believe it is the same for every European countries.

Check the AOTC official site here. You will hear the Love Theme, and you can notice that this official site says it is called Across the Stars.

:)

PS. I don't usually post it. I'm only a lurker on this board. But this debate is getting me mad every time it appears somewhere. Across the Stars is the love theme. ;)

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, I'm glad you posted because I agree with you!

20. Yodaddy

Yodaddy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    There is "bits" of ATS in other tracks though, like the Love Pledge and Arena track?

21. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    Australian soundtrack - 02| Across The Stars (Love Theme from Attack of the Clones)

Therefore, the theme is called Across The Stars. Sony must kill me before I change my mind.

22. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Seems like it's Across the Stars in every country but the U.S.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

23. AmeiaSkywalker

AmeiaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    What has happened to my country? :)

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yes, because we all know: U.S. = TEH WIN

So, why isn't it on the US cds? :confused:

25. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Across the Stars is the name of the love theme. I was at a music store the other day and found the sheet music for Attack of the Clones. It was a book of sheet music, but only selected tracks. One of which was "Across the Stars- Love Theme From Star Wars: Episode II."

The CD that was released in April sucks. The music was out of whack, we didn't get all the music, and the Love Theme was labeled wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.