main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Across the Stars? (Possible MINOR AotC soundtrack spoiler)

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Roland of Gilead, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roland of Gilead

Roland of Gilead Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1998
    So there's going to be a title for the Anakin/Padme love theme, and they are releasing it as a single? Please say it's not going to have lyrics!

2. Basil_Hennington

Basil_Hennington Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2002

I hope not.

3. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    If it did it would probably be done in a similar way to Duel of the Fates, but I don't think it will have any.

4. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    This sounds like it could be great. I can't wait for the love theme. "Across the Stars" is a goofy name, but most of Williams love themes are (except for the famous ones). There's a love theme with lyrics in several of Williams scores - especially the disaster flicks from the '70s. I doubt we'll hear anything like those in 'ATS.'

I hope that the ATS single will come out soon, I'm dying to hear new music.

-MoffJake (patiently working on the trailer music edit's for the Clone War)

5. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Didn't the Superman Love Theme have a funny title? "Can you hear me now?" or something like that.

I hope there are no vocals for Across the Stars because the moment you introduce a voice it sort of dates the piece. An orchestra is timeless, while a voice will give an idea what year time period it was made. In the future they'll notice we had a period of time when "pop solos" sung to movie credits was popular, and that will date AOTC terribly in a way.

I'd rather hear a stirring violin solo than a human voice -- that's just my preference.

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I was thinking about that too. Lyrics would be... er... I dunno. If handled in the same way as in LOTR, sure, fine.

7. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Why are people thinking it will have lyrics? Because of the way it's titled? If they are releasing it as a single, they surely can't call it Padme and Anakin's Theme, now can they?

8. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    I think Across the Stars is actually quite a beautiful name.

You have to admit it's atleast better than Attack of the Clones, which I've gotten used to, but still don't like.

9. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    My opinion is: YES, it WILL HAVE LYRICS... BUT Not sang by Pop stars, but by the choir (SAME ONE) who sang "Duel Of The Fates"!!!

It will NOT be sing by the Pop Stars (Celion, Whitney, etc)...

But I think the Song will be very beautiful, it will have pop stars wanna to license it and sing their own version of it, in the future :p

(Copy & pasted exactly from the post in PSA forum)

10. DarthTorgo

DarthTorgo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2002
    <<Didn't the Superman Love Theme have a funny title? "Can you hear me now?">>

Close. "Can you read my mind?"

11. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Ugg.. at first I thought it would be sung by Celine :p

As long as it doesn't have any lyrics, I'm good to G.O.

Still, it's a really cheeeeeezy title, and it makes me think it'll be a music-montage :p :p

12. jangosdna

jangosdna Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2001
    You would think that "we" would have heard if a "famous" singer would have been a part of AOTC soundtrack by now. I would say it will be w/o vocals or some minor ones like DOTF

13. JohnWilliams00

Jan 29, 2002
  14. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    The Buffy/Angel love theme was called "Close My Eyes" and was released as a single. This was an instrumental piece (and blooming good it was too)

If there are lyrics to ATS, I hope Will Young sings it (or Russell Watson!)

15. AcrossTheStarsBaby

AcrossTheStarsBaby Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    I LOVE this title!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

It's AWESOME, BABY!!!

BEST. LOVE THEME TITLE. EVER!!!

And, I think the music will have lyrics.

Don't worry though, it will sing by a choir, not a pop star or group.

John Williams will definately NOT go to the dark side, his music will always be classical... have faith in him! :)

Btw, just curious, what does everybody think of Dido's theme song for "Roswell"???

If it's like that, would you want it?

16. JohnWilliams00

Jan 29, 2002
    You mean the song "Here with Me"?? It's a great song, if that's the one you mean. I don't watch Roswell, but I saw a commercial and they played that Dido song.

But in my opinion it would not fit Star Wars at all. That's the type of song I think many people are worrying "Across the Stars" might be like.

And does anyone know what P.O.P. means, according to the picture I linked above? It's driving me insane trying to firgure it out and that's where I got the impression AtS may be a pop song or ballad after all.

17. Failsafe

Failsafe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I believe the only thing worse than a song by Celine Dion would be a duet with Celine Dion/Phil Collins.

:_| :_| :_|

18. AmeiaSkywalker

AmeiaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    Across the Stars is a really great title!
    Even if there were a few lyrics ( like Duel of the Fates) it will be great!
    You just have to trust John Williams that he'll do a good job. And if he doesn't, we'll all be upset.

19. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, I mean, the love song for Aragorn and Arwen had lyrics to it but was still very beautiful. :)

Lyrics will be alright, but I'd rather not have them. :)

20. Amankar

Amankar Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    I like the title. It's very fitting. What else could it be, if it is indeed the love theme. I'm referring to the title, btw.

If it was desired that there were vocals, I don't think it'd be a big deal if there was an alternate version available only on the CD-single/maxi, of someone singing the theme.

Then, the Original Version would be the orchestral/instrumental piece that appears on the Album.

I'm sure it's tempting for the label to want a singer to appear on the CD-single somehow!

21. PaDmE-GuRl

PaDmE-GuRl Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey Does anyone know a site wher I can get the names of all the songs for the AOTC?
    Cause like I really need Itz!

22. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    A track listing isn't out yet. Sorry.

23. AcrossTheStarsBaby

AcrossTheStarsBaby Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    I wonder when is the release date for the single alone, if earlier than the Album (usually singles are). April 16th?

24. JohnWilliams00

Jan 29, 2002
    okay there is a SPY REPORT out now about some of the track details. They are sort of spoilerish, or maybe not. (depends on what you know).

It's in the spoilers room, or if you don't want to step in there, PM me I can give it.

25. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    jar jar will sing the lyrics during this song ;)
    allong with the vocal talents of jabba the hutt and the latest talent from tatooine....WALD

let's hope it's a spoiler :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.