main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Across the Stars Video

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Tomorrow, April 16th, is the premiere of the Across the Stars video on MTV and VH1. If you're not familiar with the AOTC soundtrack, Across the Stars is the name of the love theme. The video will feature new scenes and most likely new dialogue. The song is over 4 minutes long so we'll get to see a lot of stuff.

I'd imagine it'll be shown during TRL on MTV, which runs from 3:30pm - 5pm.

This thread serves as an announcement and reminder, but after the video tomorrow, post your responses to it.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Cool, I'll set the VCR to tape it. Can't wait.

3. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I got my tape ready too.

4. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Can someone download it so we can see it on the net?

5. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I need confirmation on exact starting time. I will be at work, so to video tape it, I'll need a confirmed release time. Where is the announcement of this event?

And, I can't imagine seeing anything more than we already have. It will be similar to the Duel of Fates video.

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Isbeth, it'll probably be online somewhere, but most likely illegally. So, I won't be able to post any links to it on the actual forum (but there are PM's ;) ).

Mutt, I'm gonna try and find out exactly when it'll be on. But I doubt an exact time will be released, I imagine it'll be during a certain show. I'll post whatever I find out, though.

7. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    Ohhhhh... the temptation.. to watch or not to watch... Being spoiler-free is soo hard!! :(

Thanks for posting though... I had no clue it would be on (didn't even know there was going to be a video).

8. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    A couple of things:

First there is no announcement on TOS about an MTV premiere.

I seem to remember that there was at least a week advanced notice to the MTV premiere of Duel of Fates video.

This is starting to sound hoax-ish...

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Mutt, if I wasn't in denial, I'd agree with you. [face_laugh]

But seriously, you're right. There's been no mention on starwars.com, MTV, VH1, mtv.com, or vh1.com. It seems very odd.

10. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    It's just MTV doing the Jedi Mind Trick to get us to watch hour after hour of brain rotting nothingness just to get a glimpse of a Star Wars video that they never planned on showing!!!

I got my VCR recording just in case though! ;)

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I got my tape ready. Hopefully, an announcement is made at the beginning of TRL.

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, did some digging and USA Today some time ago did an article on the Soundtrack release with the multiple covers.

They throw in a tidbit about a video premiering on MTV on April 16.

Its hard to say at this point.

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I just saw a preview for TRL and there was no mention of the video.

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    TRL's started, no mention of the video. What was USA Today thinking?

15. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
  16. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Did someone see the main page announcement on the video? I think they said Friday. Someone go check it.

17. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, maybe Friday. I'm not wasting another tape though. I'll just stream it in on the net and see it then. I got cable modem and 5.1 audigy sound card with surround sound speakers so I don't need no stinkin MTV!! :p

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    TFN posted this update today to the expected premeire of the video yesterday:

"Update: We've been in touch with the USA Today and the story they posted on the music video premiering today was a "tentative" date. They've mentioned a release date of Friday, but that is also tentative. The saga continues ..."

Also, TFN is also reporting that Entertainment Tonight is doing a preview story of the music video and that they will announce the premiere to be Friday.

Still no word from TOS.

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Mutt, I can confirm the Entertainment Tonight thing. Actually, I was on the forum when the show showed what's coming on today. I posted it right away. They showed some of the chase (which I imagine is the same footage from the Austrailian footage) and they showed John Williams conducting with Across the Stars in the background.

20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    The video will premiere on Tuesday, April 23 on MTV at 4PM EST.

21. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    This lack of a premiere date is disturbing...

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    This is from starwars.com Click the link to open the article.
    April 23 is already a big day for Star Wars fans, but you'll want to make sure you've completed your store run early. The new music video for the Episode II soundtrack song "Across the Stars" by composer John Williams will make its debut on MTV on Tuesday at 4 p.m. EST. The video, which includes new footage from Attack of the Clones, will also make its online debut here on starwars.com on Tuesday.

23. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Tomorrow will be a day long remembered. It will have seen the end of Kenobi....err uh, I mean all the cool toys and stuff will happen.

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Bumping this up. 30 mins to go!

25. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, not as much new stuff as I'd hope, but still pretty cool. Also, the Across the Stars was edited with some other stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.