main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Across the Void (Star Wars, Star Trek: TNG crossover) Completed 8/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I tried my hand at a Star Wars/Star Trek: The Next Generation crossover some time ago, but it hit a snag in the story that I simply couldn't get past at the time. I've gone back, changed a few things, and am hoping that things will work out better this time around.

Disclaimer: All characters remain the property of those holding the copyrights; I'm making nothing off of this.

And now, without further delay...

Across the Void

?This is decidedly strange,? General Soontir Fel said to Admiral Parck aboard the Imperial Star Destroyer Vengeance. Several somewhat garbled messages had been received from Chiss patrols sent out from the Hand of Thrawn. After the disappearance of a light cruiser, Fel and Parck decided that a full-scale investigation was necessary. After all, something had to be preventing the ships from making contact. The two officers decided that the situation just might be important enough to require the presence of a Star Destroyer. When they reached the last known point of the cruiser, all they found was rubble, and a derelict of unknown origin. Fel had ordered a team to board the derelict and investigate.

?The team leader should have reported in by now,? Admiral Voss Parck agreed. ?I myself was beginning to wonder what was going on over there.?

?Whatever it is, I don?t like it,? Fel said. Staring out at the dull gray hull of the derelict. ?If it weren?t for the fact that those are our people out there, I?d say to just blow the derelict up and get out of here?

?General, Admiral, I?m getting some strange readings from the derelict,? said the portside sensor operator.

?Well, don?t keep it a secret,? Fel said, somewhat annoyed. He didn?t like mysteries. From his experience, they usually resulted in people getting killed.

?Sir, it?s almost as though the other ship is beginning to power up.?

?Raise the shields,? Parck ordered, turning to one of the weapons officers. He appeared to be precognizant, for a moment later, a brilliant green beam of light lanced out from the other ship.

?Admiral, whatever that was, it cut out shields in half!?

?All weapons stations, fire at will,? Fel ordered. The Vengeance turned its full destructive power on the other ship. A short but vicious battle ensued, one that resulted in the loss of half the Vengeance?s turbolasers and the destruction of the derelict.

?The Remnant will need to hear about this,? Parck said as the Vengeance headed back to Niraun, and the Hand of Thrawn.

?Might as well notify the New Republic as well and save some time,? Fel said. ?Though I don?t exactly love them, I think we may need all the help we can get. This may, after all, have only been a probe. If I?m right, we may have a much bigger problem than I thought.?

++++++++++++

?Luke, what was your impression of the Chiss when you and Mara were on Niraun?? asked Leia Organa Solo.

?Honorable, but also fiercely independent,? replied Luke Skywalker. ?What makes you ask??

?We just received word from Niraun that they encountered an alien craft of unknown origin. Soontir Fel sent a team aboard the ship, which appeared to be derelict. A few moments later, it opened fire with an unknown weapon that was able to, in one shot, strip away half the shields of a Star Destroyer.?

Luke whistled in surprise. ?We don?t have anything capable of doing that, do we??

?Not unless the military?s hiding some kind of superweapon.?

?Probably another of Palpatine?s toys,? Han Solo said. ?Something that he left out there, but didn?t bother to tell anybody about.?

?Or else it was so secret that he didn?t want to tell anybody other than those he had complete faith in,? Mara Jade Skywalker replied.

"Either way, I think we need to do something about this," Han said. "I think I'll go see what I can dig up."

"Han, I don't think this is the time for the Senate..." Leia began.

"That's why I'm not going to take it to the Senate. I'm gonna get in touch with Lando, and see what

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Interesting

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Intriuging. Always enjoy a good crossover.

Might I ask for PM updates?

4. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Glad you think so.

Healer_Leona: I'll be happy to PM you with updates. Hope this continues to be worthy of your attention.

Tych_sel

5. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Just dropping in during the week to give this thing an up. More will be coming on Friday, I promise!!!!

6. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Alright my friend. I'm in. Love SW and liked the Next Generation very much. Please put me on your PM list for this ride. Thanks.@};-

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    WHEEEEE!
    This looks super fine and fantab!! =D=
    Pm's please? :) :) WOOT! [face_dancing]

8. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    FLYSWATTER: I'll add you to the list, and I'm glad to see you've taken an interest.

Jade_eyes: I only hope it will turn out to be fantab.

And without further delay, let's jump over into the other universe.

?The Borg don?t simply vanish, Data,? said Commander William T. Riker. ?And even when they do appear to vanish, they?ve usually got some reason for doing so.?

?Agreed, Commander,? Data said, turning just enough to look back at the captain and first officer. ?Nevertheless, they have vanished through the rift.?

?A rift that now appears to have vanished as well,? said Jean-Luc Picard. ?And until we know where they?ve gone, there?s little chance we can follow them. I presume you?ve already swept the area for chronitons?? The latest attempt by the Borg to assimilate the Federation had met with failure in the 22nd Century. But the Collective had show itself to be persistent, and Picard was certain that they would not allow one failure to stop them.

?Have Geordi take a look at the readings from the rift before it dissipated,? Picard said, rising from the center seat. ?I?m going to contact Starfleet Command and see how they?d like us to proceed. Number One, you have the bridge.?

Main engineering was a little quieter than usual. Data wasn?t sure if some of the crew were still remembering that humanity?s future had nearly ended here, or it was simply due to the fact that there wasn?t much that the engineers could do regarding the current situation.

?There?s an unusual matrix to the rift?s design,? Geordi La Forge said as he stood across from Data, the main status table between them. ?Odd readings as far as the neutrinos. Whatever this was, it wasn?t natural. How the Borg came up with the ability to create it is the question.?

?The captain would likely agree,? Data said. ?But I believe he wanted us to determine where it went.?

?Hard to tell, without anything to actually observe,? Geordi said. ?Bring up the readings from when the Borg created the rift. I thought I noticed something weird.? The readings came up, along with the image the Enterprise had recorded of the rift?s creation. ?Yeah,? the dark-skinned engineer said. ?Right there, Data.?

?The beam fluctuates,? Data said, seeing exactly what La Forge had.

?But why?? Geordi asked. ?Computer, play back at 1/10 speed.? The image slowed, and for a moment, beyond the cloudy nature of the rift, Geordi could see stars. ?Definitely another region of space. Doesn?t explain why they?d need this kind of power??

?Unless they are reaching across dimensions,? Data said. ?The Collective may have decided that it must grow elsewhere if it is to assimilate the Federation.?

?You mean they might take over another dimension, one that hasn?t had our experience,? Geordi said. ?And then they come back here, with a whole additional universe?s worth of drones??

?Not a pleasant picture,? Data said. ?Though perhaps the fluctuations might mean that the Borg have not yet gained full control over the rift.?

?Either way, I think we have to try and recreate the passage. We can?t doom another universe to assimilation. Doing this isn?t going to be easy, and might burn out the deflector. Damn, and we just had it replaced.? The previous dish had been sacrificed in the 22nd Century to prevent the Borg from making contact with that time?s Collective. ?Engineering to Picard. Captain, I think we can recreate the Borg?s rift.?

Picard?s voice came back. ?Conference lounge, five minutes.?

?The question isn?t can we do it, but should we do it?? Geordi said. ?We all know what the Borg are capable of. But wouldn?t the Prime Directive seem to apply??

?Not necessarily,? Riker said. ?If the Borg have begun to assimilate another galaxy, I?d say that the Prime Directive goes out the proverbial window.?

?Starfleet seems to agree with you, Number One,? Picard said. ?They?ve authorized me to take whatever action is necessary to stop the Borg. Geordi, how long will it take for

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Eep!! The Borg!! [face_worried]
    You captured the TNG characters marvelously.
    *bounce, wriggle* So cool!! =D=
    Han and Riker and sabacc woot!! I'm getting carried away!! [face_laugh] ;)

10. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    Wonderful post! Maybe I am off base but now that I think about it The Borg and The Vong remind me of each other. Only one is a machine soceity and the other organic. They also both like to go into new territory to dominate the locals. Can also think of a few other common grounds. Since you did not mention them, I take it that there are no Vong in this story. Yes Han and Riker would be quite a pair, but could you see Threepo and Mr. Data tring to deal with each other?[face_laugh] Thanks for the PM.@};-

11. AndrewLightstar

AndrewLightstar Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2006
    Love to hear how this gos, great start. Would love a PM on next post.

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    ?The Borg don?t simply vanish, Data,? said Commander William T. Riker. ?And even when they do appear to vanish, they?ve usually got some reason for doing so.?

Ha ha, true enough!

Suprb reasoning of the Enterprise crew. Very nice characterizations as well. :D :D I think this is going to be quite the enjoyable ride. :D :D

13. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Jade_eyes: Yeah, there's no enemy in the Star Trek universe (other than perhaps Q) who could have challenged both universes.

FLYSWATTER: No Vong in this story, though it would be funny to see the Vong and the Borg go at each other...

AndrewLightstar: Glad you're enjoying things. A PM will be no problem.

Leona: Glad the characterizations are good enough for you. And I can only hope it continues to be worthy of your attention.

Without further delay, here comes the next post!

There had been a time when the appearance of an Imperial controlled Star Destroyer in the skies over Coruscant would have been a harbinger for disaster. With peace, though, came security. So when the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimeara reverted to realspace over Coruscant, the people manning the defense systems went to a heightened state of alert, but not to full battlestations as they had during the Galactic Civil War. Moments later, a shuttle dropped from the Star Destroyer's hanger bay. Aboard was Admiral Gilad Pellaeon, the Supreme Commander of the Imperial Fleet.

The shuttle touched down at the Imperial City landing platform, and Pellaeon disembarked. Pellaeon, with all the weight of his seventy years in the fleet, disembarked, accompanied by Captain Ardiff, the commander of the Chimeara. Waiting for him were General Garm Bel Iblis, representing the New Republic's military, and Cal Omas, representing the Senate.

"Welcome to Coruscant, Admiral," Omas said. "Though I must say, it isn't everyday that the Supreme Commander decides to pay us a visit."

"Indeed," Pellaeon replied. "Let us go indoors, for I don't wish to have our words overheard." The party headed off the landing platforms, towards the walkways leading to the Imperial Palace.

"Now that we're inside, what does bring you to Coruscant?" Bel Iblis asked.

"I presume that by now you've heard of what the Chiss encountered. Due to the fact that there are Imperials on Niraun, there were a few items that they opted to send us. Baron Fel arrived with a crate, which contained a cybernetic hand. Not a biosynthetic hand, but a truly cybernetic one. And to make matters worse, there were some parts of this hand that our best scientists haven't been able to understand. We hoped that your people might be able to make some sense of it."

"Before we discuss it, is there any danger to our people?" Bel Iblis said, as though he were a little suspicious of a possible trap.

"None that we have been able to ascertain," Pellaeon replied. "At least, not from just the hand."

++++++++++++

?We?re as ready as we?re going to be,? Geordi said from the engineering station at the rear of the bridge. ?I can?t promise that this is going to work, Captain, but all the trials and computer models say that it should.?

?We won?t know until we try though,? Picard said. ?Mr. La Forge, make it so.?

?Creating energy pulse now,? Geordi said. Outside, the main deflector dish grew brighter, and a golden beam shot out from it. About a kilometer away from the ship, space began to ripple and distort. What looked like a hole began to form, growing larger as it was fed by the energy pouring from the Enterprise?s deflector dish.

?The neutrino level is astonishing,? Data said from the forward station. ?Captain, I believe we are looking at an inter-dimensional wormhole.?

?I thought that was impossible,? Riker said.

?Apparently, the Borg found a way around whatever problems prevent such things from forming naturally,? Picard said. ?Is the wormhole stable??

?Hard to say, sir, since we will likely have to cease powering it when we pass through. But it should hold long enough for us to pass through.?

?Then take us in, Mr. Data. One half impulse.? The hole grew larger as the Enterprise approached, and the ship shuddered slightly as it crossed the threshold. ?Steady as she goes, Mr. Data,? Picard said. The shudder became a pronounced shake as the majority of the ship crossed the threshold

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    So Pelly gets a bit of the spotlight. NIce

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Aha! They made it across dimensions! Awesome!

?Lasers?? Riker said, and astonished look on his face. ?Who uses lasers??

You are about to find out! ;)

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay!!! Pellaeon!! :)
    Ooh, lasers against phasers and photon torps. Interesting. :D
    Heee!!! What will the ST group make of lightsabers? :D
    This continues to captivate. :) =D=

17. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Pellaeon's one of my favorite Imperials, so of course he's going to get some time in the spotlight.

Leona: Indeed, they are about to find out!

Jade_eyes: I suppose you'll just have to keep reading to find out what the ST crew's going to make of lightsabers.

Okay, here comes the next post!

A warning alarm jolted Wedge Antilles from his sleep. As he reached for the lights, he realized that it was still the dead of night. Light seared into his eyes, and he squinted, waiting for them to adjust to the light.

?This is Antilles,? he said as he flipped the comm switch. ?What?s the problem this time??

?General, this is Ground control. We?ve got an unidentified ship in the approach lane. It just showed up out of nowhere. Any chance you Rogues might be able to head up and take a look??

?Great,? Wedge thought. Some controller gets a bit of a shock, and figures that he has to wake up the whole planet.

?Control, Antilles. We?ll head up and take a look.? But if this turns out to be some freighter that has an odd configuration, you?ll be repairing droids on Kessel, Wedge thought darkly. He sent out an alert to the rest of the Rogues, then headed for the hanger.

In moments, the Rogues were in the air. ?Well, she?s big, but she?s no Lusankya,? said Gavin Darklighter. ?Design doesn?t match anything I?ve ever seen.?

It didn?t look like anything Wedge had ever seen, either. The lines were smooth, like something out of the holos he?d seen of ships from the Old Republic. It was dominated by a saucer, with two pylons flaring back towards the rear. ?Any sign that they?re hostile?? Wedge asked.

?Well, they haven?t opened fire, which I would certainly take as a good sign,? Derek Klivian said. ?But then again, they could be just trying to lure us in.?

?Always have to mention the sour side, don?t you, Hobbie?? Wedge said. ?Might as well try giving them a call. Three flight, lock S-foils, just in case this doesn?t go the way I expect.?

A click came over the comm from Corran Horn, Rogue Nine.

?Unidentified vessel, this is General Wedge Antilles of the New Republic Armed Forces. Please identify yourself and your business in New Republic space.?

?This is Captain Jean-Luc Picard, of the Federation starship Enterprise. General, it seems that we have stumbled into your territory quite by accident.?

++++++++++++

?New Republic?? Riker asked Picard.

?Apparently, the power in this region,? Picard said. ?And I suppose it?s not too surprising that they could see us as a threat.? He turned back to Worf. ?Mr. Worf, give me hailing.? The Klingon merely nodded once the connection was reopened. ?General, what might we do to demonstrate our goodwill??

?You could start by explaining where you came from, and how it is that you don?t know anything about the New Republic, given that you?re orbiting our capital.? The voice was oddly accented, and seemed altered, almost as though some sort of filtering was in place.

?We come from another region of space, perhaps another universe,? Picard said. ?We arrived in order to pursue an enemy that is a grave threat, not only to my own people, but potentially to yours as well.?

?I see,? Antilles replied. ?You realize that I am not the one to make a final decision. I can place few calls, and try and get you a meeting with our leaders. You can then make your case to them.?

?I would appreciate any efforts you can make on our part, General,? Picard said. ?This may sound a little odd, but could you tell me just what world we?re orbiting??

?You really are from someplace else, aren?t you?? Antilles asked. ?You?re in orbit around Coruscant, the central system of the New Republic.?

?Thank you, General. I should look forward to news of any further developments.?

?I?ll be in touch. And Captain, I?d suggest that you not try anything sudden. A few of my Rogues have been known to have hair-trigger reflexes.?

?I understand. Thank you for the warning, General. Picard out.? T

18. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    This is fun! So many interesting parallels between the two stories. I wonder what Deanna will make of the Skywalkers. [face_hypnotized]

Loved Wedge! How cool is it that the Rogues are the first contact for the Enterprise?:cool:

Whenever there are the Borg, there's trouble.

Looking forward to the next update![face_dancing]

19. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    Wedge seems so cool and collected. I am not real sure that he believes that they are from another universe. I wouldn't. From maybe the Unknown Trerritory maybe but another universe. I sure would be calling Luke and the Jedi on this one. Personally I never did think The Enterprize was a very handsome ship. Loved her but ugly. Great job and thanks.@};-

20. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    This is pretty good.

May I get PMed with updates, please?

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot!!! Wedge was calm and collected but under it all he was probably thinking: Wow!!! Is anyone gonna believe me? Good thing Wedge is a credible source, as are the rest of the Rogues, Janson and Hobbie excepted [face_laugh] :) :) Any other person without Wedge's level head would have shot first or made threats or promises they couldn't follow up with. :) [face_dancing] Eagerly awaiting the next installment!!! [face_dancing]

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Excellent post.

?Always have to mention the sour side, don?t you, Hobbie?? Wedge said. ?Might as well try giving them a call. Three flight, lock S-foils, just in case this doesn?t go the way I expect.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can't wait to see if they beam down. That could be quite the surprise. Oh dear, the thought of the Borg beaming in is really a horrid thought. The New Republic would have a hard time defending themselves against that.

23. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    divapilot: You'll just have to wait and see what Deanna will make of the Skywalkers. You're certainly on the right track, thinking that the Borg mean trouble.

FLYSWATTER: I guess I picture Wedge as relatively cool. After all, the guy's been involved with the destruction of just about every superweapon the Empire came up with, so what's the big deal about a ship of unfamiliar design??? Regarding the Enterprise, at first I thought NCC-1701-E was ugly, but she's grown on me.

TigerofRobare: Glad you like what you're seeing. I'll be happy to PM you.

Jade: I think Hobbie would fall under "credible sources." Janson, on the other hand, I've got to agree with you.

Leona: Glad you enjoyed it. It's only natural for Wedge to have a backup plan in case the worst occurs. As for beaming, you will see that in future posts. And Borg beaming, well, let's just say that you're right...it would fall under the category of "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Now, let's get back to the story!

The sound of a comlink chirping woke Luke, though when he reached for the contraption, the infernal thing wasn?t there. It took him a moment to realize that the comlink was, in fact, sailing towards the wall farthest from the bed. Luke reached out with the Force and caught it, just a moment before it would have smashed into the wall. ?You know,? he said, turning to look at his wife, ?eventually Leia?s going to have difficulty persuading the Senate to keep providing replacements.?

?Then turn the blasted thing off before we go to sleep, farm boy,? Mara said, her back still to him. ?And would you please shut the thing off? Some of us were trying to sleep.?

Luke reached out and flicked the sound off. ?I?m sorry, Mara,? Luke said, kissing her bare shoulder. ?I?ll take this, and then be right back. I promise.?

?Take as much time as you need,? Mara said. ?I just might have the chance to go back to sleep while you?re gone.?

You?d miss me too much, Luke thought of saying, but then realized that that line was the sort of thing Han would say. Han, or even worse, particularly where Mara was concerned, Lando. Luke rose, pulling on a robe even as he called the com back to his hand. Stepping into the sitting room of their suite, he thumbed it on. ?Skywalker.?

?Sorry about the timing, Luke,? Wedge Antilles said. ?I realize that it?s probably the middle of the night down there.?

?Just a little after, actually,? Luke said. ?And I know you wouldn?t be calling if this wasn?t something of paramount importance.?

?We?ve got something of a situation up here,? Wedge said. ?A rather large ship of unknown origin dropped out of hyperspace in orbit around Coruscant. They claim to be from another universe, and they?re seeking our help.?

?Our help in what?? Luke said.

?Chasing down some kind of enemy from their universe. Frankly, I?m not sure that they?ve got all the pieces in the right places, but I also don?t have the authority to just order them off. They?re standing by for now, but I can?t guarantee it?s going to last.?

?And you were hoping that I could talk to Leia??

?I?d really appreciate it, Luke. I know that she?s got her hands full, but I really don?t think I want to see this ship and one of ours go head to head.?

?I?ll talk to Leia the morning and see what I can do. If nothing else, at least you can rest assured she?ll at least know about it.?

?Right,? Wedge said. ?I?m grateful for this, Luke. Antilles out.? The comlink went silent, and this time Luke did switch it off. He also left it out on the low table before the sofa and then returned to the bedroom. He could hear Mara?s soft breathing, and slid into bed, hoping not to disturb her. But even as his head touched the pillow again, she rolled over, her gaze locking on with all the strength of a turbolaser.

?So what did Wedge want??

?Needs me to talk to Leia,? Luke said with a yawn. ?But I think that can wait until the morning, can?t it??

?I?d be more concern

24. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Lovely interactions with Luke.

25. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Awesome fic .... I love a good crossover. I bet Luke and Han are pretty impressed with the Enterprise-E. Han and Data are certainly getting off to a good start, and I bet Worf is going to find the Jedi very interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.