main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Across the Void (Star Wars, Star Trek: TNG crossover) Completed 8/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Interesting meeting between two very cool universes.

I will read this one with great interest as to where it is heading.

2. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Nice. Thanks for the PM.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, that was too cool!!! Han and Data [face_laugh] and Worf and Luke :cool: :cool:

;) ;) The first scene though with Mara and Luke--too bad they were interrupted in ... whatever fun they were having [face_love] but I'm sure Luke was able to make up for it. [face_love] [face_love]
    I'm so glad Leia's pres and not some hidebound idiot!! :D
    [face_dancing] =D=

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Love that Mara's first thoughts are to destroy the comm links. LOL

I'm slightly surprised that no one thought it very strange that the Enterprise crew beamed in.

"I see," Worf said. "My own people would likely find you fascinating, Master Skywalker. A warrior who seeks to avoid war whenever possible is quite the rarity."

Ha!! Indeed it would be rare to the Klingons.

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Nice! I like how we got a look at the SW welcoming committee before the Enterprise folks came calling. Liked the interaction between Data and Han!

Interesting descriptions of the Enterprise crew from the viewpoint of the SW people. Such diversity! I wonder if the Enterprise people felt the same way, seeing Chewie.

This is going to get interesting!:D

Laugh out loud moment: It took him a moment to realize that the comlink was, in fact, sailing towards the wall farthest from the bed. Luke reached out with the Force and caught it, just a moment before it would have smashed into the wall. ?You know,? he said, turning to look at his wife, ?eventually Leia?s going to have difficulty persuading the Senate to keep providing replacements.?

I hope Luke found a way to make it up to Mara for waking her up in the middle of the night. :*

Great job! Looking forward to more. =D=

6. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Wasn't Data's cat named Fluffy? Would love to see interaction between Threepo and Data. They really do not seemed to surprized that they are from out side the galaxy. Maybe they are not real sure that they are. Wonderful post and thanks.@};-

7. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Glad you think so.

ZebulaNebula: Glad you like what you've seen so far. You'll have to wait and see regarding Luke and Han's reactions to the Enterprise. And believe me, there's going to be some scenes in which Worf will become rather impressed with the Jedi.

Noellie: Glad you like what you've seen, and I hope you'll enjoy what's to come.

Tiger: Thank you for the comment.

Jade_eyes: I think Leia's the only one equipped to handle an invasion from another universe. And I'm glad you liked the Luke/Mara scene.

Healer: Perhaps Mara just doesn't like being rudely awakened???

divapilot: Glad you liked the interaction with Han. With that pairing, I was thinking, let's see what opposites I can put together! And I had to put that Luke/Mara scene in there, just becuase the bunny hopped into my brain, and it just seemed to work in this fic.

FLYSWATTER: Actually, Data's cat was named Spot. I would say that Leia and the others aren't yet sure what to make of the Enterprise contingent.

Okay, here comes the next post. The Republic's going to get a little idea of what's coming, and, well, I'll let the story tell itself.

"And these Borg you speak of?" Leia asked as she sat across from Picard at the table.

"They are a cybernetic culture," Picard said. "They believe that they are working towards perfection, and seek to bring others to a higher state by assimilating them."

"Wait a minute," Han said. "What do you mean, assimilating them?"

"The Borg function as a hive mind, a collective consiousness. Those unfortunate enough to encounter the Borg often find themselves added to the Borg collective consciousness," Data said. "In effect, they cease to be individual beings, and become part of the Borg."

"A collective consciousness," Luke breathed.

"Doesn't sound like they'd be much fun," Han said.

"I can assure you, they aren't," Picard said. "I speak from experience, having once been assimilated into the collective myself. It was only due to the tenacity of my crew that I was rescued."

"It isn't just that the Borg assimilate others," Geordi said. "They also assimilate their technology."

"Which suggests that if they have indeed made their way into our part of space, they will be bringing with them weapons to which we have no defense," Leia said, rising. "I will, of course, take all that you've said under advisement, and discuss it with the Senate."

"President Solo, might I invite you aboard the Enterprise?" Picard asked. "After your hospitality, it would seem only appropriate." Picard noticed that the president gave her brother a look, and caught a slight nod from Master Skywalker.

"I accept your invitation," Leia said. "Perhaps in a couple of hours?"

"We shall await you," Picard said. "If there is nothing else?"

"Not at this time," Leia said.

"Very well. In a couple of hours, Madame President." He tapped the gold emblem on his chest. "Picard to Enterprise. Five to beam up." The five visitors were taken in that sparkling light, and vanished.

"They're certainly like nothing I've ever seen," Han said.

"Nor I," Leia said. "I'm beginning to think that their claim that they come from another reality may in fact be true."
    "I didn't sense anything that would indicate that they're lying," Luke said. "but then, it isn't always easy to tell when encountering someone for the first time."

"Yet what they spoke of would seem to fit with what Pellaeon brought with him from Chiss space," Han said.

"Yes," Leia said. "I think I'm going to ask the admiral if he'd care to join us."

"Great," Han growled. "Now I'm getting sucked into another of these functions, and with an Imperial to boot."

"Now, Han, how many time have I had to join you and your old independent shipping associates?"

"Wait just a blasted minute," Han said. "That was..."

"No different," Leia said. "Come on, soldier. You know you can handle it."

"But I won't like it," H

8. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Nobody seems sure of anyone right about now, which I guess is right on schedule. If the Borg are due, however, they are going to have to get over that PDQ.

Thanks for the PM!

9. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Interesting ... liked Han's reaction to the Borg. Strange weaponry might be useful against the Borg, although I guess the only major surprise they might get would be the ion cannons. Picard's right ... the Enterprise needs every ally they can get. And Worf should relax about the New Republic bunch ... the only one liable to do anything at all is Han. And he's more inclined to clean the crew at poker(or sabacc) than cause trouble.

Edit: have you read Striker's "Where no Jedi has Gone Before"?

10. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Spot! That was it. I could not remember. I wonder what Luke,Han,etc. thought about the teleportation process I myself would take a ship. That thing about one's cells being scrambled always made me nervous. I would proubly end up with my nose on my butt or my leg coming out of my ear![face_laugh] I can think of a few reasons why the Borg would want to make the trip to that galaxy. Maybe I should say for a few native spieces. Couple of my favorite ones too. Love this and can not wait for more.[face_dancing] Thanks.@};-

11. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Interesting. Time to build a Galaxy Gun; one of those will stop the Borg.

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Very interesting indeed and yeah, it is time to build a galaxy gun

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    "Great," Han growled. "Now I'm getting sucked into another of these functions, and with an Imperial to boot."

Poor Han, he has it so rough! ;) :p

Jean Luc is right about returning the hospitality and showing they are willing to at least try and trust them.

Lovely update!

14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Nice update! I like seeing what the two teams had to say about each other when they were alone.

Good thing the death star's gone. I bet the Borg would have had a field day with that.

=D=

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D=

I love seeing the nice blend of trust and prudent caution on both sides. Very realistic and flexible and open-minded all at once. :D :D
    Hee!!!! If this was a full length "paper" novel, I'd have devoured it all already, it's soo good!! :)

16. ForceStar314

ForceStar314 Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2006
    Not a bad story, but...

First, the SW side seems to admire the ST side a bit much... Not bad, but balance it a bit more.

Second, you are assuming that the SW side will automatically take the ST side completely seriously. They should at the very least be quizzical.

Finally, you assume that a Borg Cube is just as much a threat to a Republic warship as it is to a Federation starship. This is definitely not that case. I'd be surprised if 5 Borg cubes could bring down the shields of an ISD-II let alone one be a threat to the Republic.

17. SilentWolf

SilentWolf Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2006
    I'm really enjoying this and it is well written.

Would you mind sending me a pm for the updates? I don't want to miss any chapters ;)

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Zebula, thanks for the heads up. I found "Where No Jedi" and it ginormously rocks!! [face_dancing]
    Spock's in it. =P~ :D

19. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Noelie: You're right, the arrival of the Borg may hasten the two groups joining together.

Zebula: Strange weaponry will certainly work upon the first encounter. The ion cannons may certainly throw the Collective for a loop. It would be interesting to see Han try and sneak inot some part of the Enterprise where he isn't supposed to go. Actually, can you imagine Lando cleaning out the crew??

FLYSWATTER: The transporter hasn't exactly been a source of fondness for Trek characters either. Just look at the number of transporter accidents that have occurred.

Tiger: Might be able to stop one or two cubes. But we know how relentless the Collective can be...

Sil: Glad you liked it.

Leona: Yes, poor Han. As for Picard, he's probably thinking that a little trust will go a long way.

divapilot: Yeah, I think they needed some alone time. And yes, the Borg don't need a Death Star.

Jade_eyes: Glad you like it. I've been trying to keep things a little loose, since it does allow for a little more trust.

ForceStar: I don;t know if they admire the ST side. The ST side just hasn't had a chance to see what the SW group is able to do. As for the cube, I think that if one cube was able to wipe out an entire fleet, it would certainly be able to take a Impstar apart.

SilentWolf: Glad you like it. I'll be happy to send you a PM.

Okay, now we're heading back to the Enterprise.

The Ten Forward lounge had been closed temporarily in order to serve as a reception hall. The entire senior staff of the Enterprise was present with the exception of Worf and Picard, who were down in the shuttlebay, waiting for the emissaries from the New Republic. Apparently, they were bringing with them a delegate from a people they referred to as the Empire. What the relationship between the two was had apparently been left out of the briefing.

?A three meter tall furball,? Riker said, shaking his head. ?Here I thought I?d seen just about everything.?

?He seemed to have a great deal of dignity,? Deanna said, giving Will a look that told him that referring to the Wookiee in such a way might not be such a good idea.

?So why, I wonder, did they insist on traveling up here by ship?? Beverly asked.

?I can only think that they don?t entirely trust our transporters,? Geordi said. ?Then again, if they lack the technology, I can understand their suspicion. After all, if we wanted to take over, what better way than by making their leaders disappear??

The conversation stopped abruptly as the doors to the lounge opened, admitting the captain, Worf, and the delegation from the New Republic. Leia Organa Solo wore a gown of pure white, which seemed to complement the white jackets the Enterprise crew wore as part of the new dress uniform. At her side was her husband, in his own version of a dress uniform. Master Skywalker had opted for a black jacket, tunic, and pants, while the woman on his arm...

Riker had to mentally remind himself that the woman was the wife of the Jedi Master. She was stunning, and the gown she wore didn't do anything to hide that particular fact. The green gown seemed to shimmer as she moved, and her red-gold hair was piled high on her head. When Will caught a slight smile forming on Deanna's lips, and quickly turned his attention from Mara Skywalker. Following the Jedi Master and his wife were two more humans, and the Wookiee, Chewbacca.

Picard again handled introductions. As Riker bent to kiss President Organa Solo's hand, he saw Master Skywalker whisper something in his wife's ear. Mara Skywalker smiled slightly, though the look she shot her husband indicated she probably would have liked to give him an elbow in the side. "May I introduce General Wedge Antilles," Organa Solo said, indicating the younger of the two men, "and Imperial Grand Admiral Gilad Pellaeon."

They sat down at the table, or rather, the series of tables that had been pushed together. Picard sat at

20. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Well there is definitely some flirting going on! :)

It was a memorable lesson in what the force is.

Good Chapter........ just too short! [face_laugh]=D=

21. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    lol Mara and the fruit reminded me of the coconut scene from "Hook". Good thing she didn't use a lemon though. Biting into one of those for the first time is a real shocker. The Force never fails to throw Starfleet crew for a loop the first time they see it(what can I say, I'm a crossover connoisseur). And Riker, checking out a Jedi Grandmaster's wife? Tsk. Tsk. [face_shame_on_you] I bet he nearly panicked when he found out about the whole telepathy thing.

As for Lando suckering the crew, I'm almost counting on him or Han winning something important from the senior officers.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved Luke and Mara's little demonstration. :cool:

What was that little exchange between L&M right after Will ... noticed her? :D :D

Speaking of which, I'm totally not surprised at his reaction, given his ability to spot the most gorgeous woman in the rom. [face_laugh] And given Mara's striking loveliness. :) :)
    Can't wait for more discoveries and revelations as they get to know one another. :D It's fun to see the different mixes of personalities and cultures.

23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ha!!! Loved Riker's reaction to Mara. Priceless too that Troi would sense it as well. ;)

Of course he wouldn't know all the Jedi would know as well. :D :D

Excellent post!!

24. ForceStar314

ForceStar314 Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2006
    Alright... I'm going to try hard not to turn this into a SWvST flamewar; if you feel it's going that way we can PM instead.

First, you assume that a ST fleet is equivalent to a SW fleet. This is not a good idea on basic debating principles. These are two very very very different galaxies that we have here; you cannot assume that they are both technologically the same.

As an analogy: Assume that I give a Marine a full weapons loadout and order him to kill 50 squirrels (which he obviously can do). By your logic, he is quite capable of killing 50 grizzly bears as well, despite the fact that the two enemies are very very different. The Federation is a corps of *explorers* first and warriors *second*. While it is true that after the Battle of Wolf 359 the Federation focused more on combat, they are still explorers at heart.

Second, you assume that the Borg automatically possess the upper hand in this confrontation. While we could squabble over various weapons readouts achieved by watching the movies a la physics, I am not a physics buff and trying to compute weapon loads is out of my depth. You can pull various things from the different publications; I believe in the AOTC ICS the Acclimator, a troop-carrying warship, has weapons in the high gigatons/shot. I believe the Enterprise's torpedos are around 64 megatons. The amount of energy differential is enormous. And before you ask about Borg adaptation and regeneration, think about this- the Borg have at best been matched against enemies who cannot achieve with the power of their entire starship what a troop-carrying Old Republic vessel can with *one* of its heavy guns. An ISD would carry at lease 50 heavy turbolasers that are just as powerful if not more advanced then a Acclimator's.

If you want to bring it down to the most basic- consider this. The Enterprise-E, flagship of the Federation fleet, is 700 meters long, and carries 16 phaser strips and 13 torpedo launchers. An Imperial Star Destroyer Mark II is 1600 meters long and carries 50 heavy turbolasers and 50 ion cannons. If you assume that turbolasers, ion cannons and quantum torpedos are roughly equivalent in firepower, the ISD carries about 3.5 times the firepower of the Enterprise (and this does not count the medium turbolasers and point defense guns it possesses). And an ISD-2, while a powerful vessel, is not the most powerful in the SW galaxy. In fact, a 'Sector Fleet' I believe, which was seen in ROTJ, consisted of 40 ISDs, their support craft, and an Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer.

Perspective? The Borg get nailed to the ground. The only way to make this really interesting is if several hundred cubes invade and begin to assimilate undefended targets. Then you have a good 'fic.

25. AnorexiaStreetwalker

AnorexiaStreetwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2007
    Oh good, I've always wanted to read a SW/ST crossover!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.