main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Across the Void (Star Wars, Star Trek: TNG crossover) Completed 8/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "You won't have to, Kenth" Luke said. "Neither Mara nor I have any intention of being aboard this ship when you blow it up." He looked at Mara. "How far away do you suppose the shuttle is?"

I hope they don't run into an obstacles that slow down them getting out. [face_worried] [face_worried]

2. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I hope you have a great time on your vacation. I wish I remembered what a vacation felt like. Sorry to say that I have not had one in over nine years. No wonder I'm nuts. Loved the posts. Especially L/M's conversation. Seems like a walk in the park though on The Cube and momenterally(sp?) taking the Queen out. I have to think that The Borg have to be really at a disadvantage being in a strange galaxy dealing with unknown beings. Not to mention The Force. I also think that you are going to put an interestiong twist into the plot that is going to make me think; "WOW! Never would of thought of that." Kyp and Corrin having to make nice.[face_laugh] Great! Good job on both posts and thanks.@};-

3. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Kara: Oh, I'm sure that someone aboard the Enterprise is starting to get an itchy trigger finger. But Luke and Mara have to get off, don't they????

Sabriel: Glad to have gotten you hooked. The next post is ready, so by all means, read on!

Petra: Glad you're ready for the double post, 'cause it's here!

Jade: Amazing how well she fits into that role, isn't it?

divapilot: That's perhaps how someone who isn't Force-sensitive might view Force Speed.

Leona: A clear path? That would be too easy...

FLYSWATTER: The Borg are at a disadvantage, but I wouldn't expect it to last too long.

Okay, as promised, here's the double post, to make up for the fact that there wasn't one last week.

Legs, arms, and torso rose from concealment in the floor, snapping together in a fashion that would have seemed far too factory-like for most organic beings. But the Borg had never claimed any fear of technology; they rather embraced it. As the body neared completion the head and shoulders of the recipient appeared, the metal-coated pine moving in a sinous fashion that would have reminded some of a snake. The face was emotionless, the eyes closed.

Cabling lowered the biological form to the technological, and as the spine slid inot place, the eyes opened. The new Borg Queen took her first breath, and tested her new form. I will not make the mistakes of my predecessor, she vowed. She was too obcessed with Locutus, with finding an equal. But these small-minded beings are not worthy of such elevation. As drones, they cannot endanger the Collective.

She stepped out from the enclosure, the servos in the legs of her new form whirring so softly that only one with enhanced hearing would have been able to notice. She looked to the pair of drones that had stood guard while her form was being assembled, and they moved off. She could feel the chaos within the Collective, and knew that time would be required to restore order. But time was something she did not have; she had felt her cube being assaulted as the ships outside pummelled it.

The drones became her eyes as she searched the cube, for the ship would no longer exist had the Jedi been able to escape. They had to be here somewhere, and she thought she had a brief glimpse of them, little more than a blur. She issued a silent command for the drones to pursue the fleeing Jedi, then continued her search. After all, it was apparent now that the Jedi were too quick for the average drone. Just one more aspect that the Jedi could bring the Borg closer to perfection once they had been assimilated into the Collective. But right now, she needed to find the ship that the Jedi had arrived in, the ship that they presumably planned to depart in.

She caught sight of the Federation shuttlecraft, and began moving drones into position. The damage to the cube was considerable, and the Collective's enemies had no doubt been aided by the death of the previous Queen. Luring the Jedi so deep into the cube had been a mistake; they should have been assimilated as soon as they were clear of the shuttle. The Queen realized this, and would not make the same mistake. The wall of drones surrounding the shuttle was deep. It should prove enough to halt even the most determined of escapees.

With her defenses in place, it was now time o begin herding the Jedi. She began to move drones into corridors that would allow the Jedi access to other parts of the cube, essentially creating a path that would lead the Jedi towards the point she wished them to arrive at. Sooner or later, she would feel them merge in to the collective consciousness of the hive, as they felt the bite of the assimilation talons. And once she had access to their Force, she would see this new galaxy become Borg. And with an entire galaxy at her command, she would finally exterminate Species 5618.

I think I'll oversee the assimilation of the Jedi personally, she decided. There is no reason to risk something going wrong again. Because

4. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    Uh oh i don't like this hope you had a great trip Tych. Good double update Mara and Luke are going to have to really do some good with this and have a good plan. either that or some help needs to arrive like quick!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    When I first started my foray into fanfic, I used to dread cliffies, now I actually enjoy them LOL That was a good one :D Foot, that was karking fast!!! A new queen already!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Yikes, rather like that Greek myth (I think it was a hydra)--or a medusa where you cut off one head and another one grew back so you were never finished ... eeek!!

6. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Oh, oh... things are not looking good [face_worried] .
    I don't know why, but I have a feeling the new Borg queen is someone we already know.[face_worried]

7. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    ooh, you are evil at cliffies. Great post though, and if I were Mara or Luke, I'd be getting just a little nervous.

8. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    Wow great crossover! I've just read the whole thing in one sitting :D

I just knew that a new Queen would be coming along. L/M can't have too easy of a time now can they?

Please add me your your PM list. I'm greatly enjoying this.

9. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    :eek:

YIKES! Now what? That's a big task, to take out all those drones. Luke and Mara need a little help from their friends, I think. Can't wait for the next update!

10. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    Seems like L/M are in for a big battle. I am surprized that they do not have a back up plan with Picard and use the transporter. I can understand that a Jedi would have trouble with the idea of thier cells being scrambled and then put back together but sometime one must do what one does not want to do. I have to think that also the Queen is not as understanding as she thinks she is about The Force. Maybe the Jedi can be assimulated but I am not so sure that the collective can be since it involves a life force within the cells and not mecanical bits and peices that the Borg obtain by conquest. Thanks for the double post and great job.@};-

11. tannim78

tannim78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2008
    I knew the queen would be back, she never knows when to quite. I think luke will help her with that lesson....lol

12. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    Uh Oh! This doesn't look good for Luke and Mara, especially when the clock is ticking...

Great update. Hope you enjoyed your break.

s_r

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Really liked the description of the Borg Queen being put together. :D

"Yeah, somehow, I don't think seeing the Borg adapt to our sabers would be a good thing, But I'm starting to get?"

"Don't say it," Mara said. "Bad things always seem to happen whenever someone finishes what you were about to say."

Oh hell no, don't say it! :p That farmboy should know better. [face_shame_on_you] :D

14. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Kara: My trip was good, though it would have been better if I'd seen the Brewers win both games I went to. Luke and Mara will probably have a good plan, and they might, just might, be able to count on a little extra help.

Jade_eyes: The Collective is like a hydra, now that you mention it. Just when you think you've got them beat, they start regenerating.

Mara: You're thinking it's one of the Queens from Trek, right? But you're right, things are taking a turn for the worse.

Petra: I've had plenty of practice at being evil with cliffies, so I'll take that as a compliment. I'd be getting nervous if it were me, but Luke & Mara are just too cool under pressure.

Force_Chick: One sitting?! That's one heck of a read. Glad you're enjoying this, now that you've found it, and I'll be happy to add you to the list.

divapilot: Yeah, they'll get by with a little help from their friends.

FLYSWATTER: Don't count Picard out yet...

tannim: That's the things with the Borg. They just don't quit.

smiley: Luke and Mara do their best work when they're under pressure, though.

Leona: Oh hell no, don't say it! That farmboy should know better. You'd think, wouldn't you?

Okay, here comes the next post, which has been delayed due to the storms ripping through Wisconsin this weekend. I've been trying to keep my computer off with all the lightning in the area, even though I've got a surge protector hooked up. No sense in taking chances, right?

Corran's X-Wing broke from formation a moment after Kyp felt the shift in the other Jedi's emotions. Kyp hit the switch on his comm panel, opening a private line with the Corellian Jedi, whose flight was already moving to follow. "Corran, what's going on?"

"I don?t know how I know, but something's gone wrong on the cube," Corran said. "Can't you feel it?"

Kyp focused his attention on the cube. He could feel Luke and Mara, which meant that they were probably still alive and as yet unassimilated. But he could also feel a pressure from the cube, almost like a call. It must be that which Corran was referring to. "I think I know what you're talking about," Kyp said. "So what do we do?"

"I think we have to go in," Corran said, and find out if it's simply the Borg creating this effect, or something else."

"Luke will have sensed it."

"Luke has other things on his mind, I'm sure," Corran said. "Both he and Mara are probably up to their necks in Borg, which means they may not be focusing on the moe subtle nuances."

"So what do we do with our squadrons?" Kyp asked.

"I'm going to turn mine over to Janson," Corran said. "He'll be able to come up with something for them to do that'll throw off the Borg."

"I'll let Loran take mine, I think," Kyp said. "He's spent enough time with Wedge Antilles to have figured out how to command multiple squadrons."

"Give you two minutes make the arrangements," Corran said, then cut the line, as he switched to another frequency. Kyp turned his attention to the board, and called up a channell with Loran.

"Loran," he heard as the other accepted the signal.

"Corran, it's Durron. We're sensing something a little funny over on the cube."

"Funny as in ha-ha funny, or funny as in 'this isn't good, and is probably going to kill us all' funny?"

"Probably the latter," Kyp said. "Corran an I are going head over and see if we can figure out what's causing it."

"Durron, isn't it bad enough that Picard wants to blow the cube to bits with the Skywalkers abaord? You're simply throwing your lives away."

"Not if it means Luke and Mara get out of there. Besides, I figure you can get Picard to listen to reason and back down."

"He's dealt with the Borg more than we have. Frankly, I don?t know that I would have a problem dropping that cube down the Maw if it weren't for the fact that the Skywalkers are aboard."

"Then write us off," Kyp said. "But if there's something going on over there that's goi

15. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    ooh, first to reply! yes well, I've been called evil with cliffies too so I know how it is. Good update as always. :D

16. KaraJadeKim

Mar 5, 2008
    Nice update and Kenobi i am the one that has called you evil for cliffies good update i hope the squad Kyp is smart he will figure out somthing.and they all know what they are doing

17. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    yes, i knew that but I don't like to say names. :p

18. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Gah. A cliffhanger. :/ Must. Know. What's. Going. To. Happen! XD

Good job though. I look forward to the next update.

19. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    Understand about all that rain and lightning. Just make sure you have your floaties on. Looks like L/M are about to have some company. Borgs give me the creeps! Great job and thanks.@};-

20. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    I promised I wasn't gonna get sucked into this...but here I am. Dangit! Superb work, awesome way to capture the heart of characters from both universes! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have about a year and a half of posts to catch up on...

21. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    "Funny as in ha-ha funny, or funny as in 'this isn't good, and is probably going to kill us all' funny?"

I LOVE that line. Great work you've done here! It's a truly engaging piece! Please pm me with updates, Mmmmkaaaaaay?

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Kyp and Corran are coming ... that will help, I hope!!! I hope it doesn't just land more folks in a Borgg trap!!!! [face_worried]

23. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Petra: Glad you liked it!

Kara: Kyp is smart, but is he smart enough to figure out what's going on before the Queen gets her hooks into him?

Sabriel: Sorry to say, but there's not much revelation coming in tonight's post either.

FLYSWATTER: Luckily, the portion of the stae I'm in has been spared the worst. And the Borg should give you the creeps, so i've at least partially done my job.

Jedi_Perigrine: Welcome to the fic! Glad you think I've captured the voices of both universes, which isn't the easiest thing to do. Though finding stuff for everybody to do has given me problems as well. The line you enjoyed so much is based on one from Allston's novels (I think) though at the moment I can't remember which one.
    I'll be happy to add you the PM list.

Jade_eyes: Yes, let's hope the Queen isn't given more pieces to play with.

Okay, here comes the next post!

"You can't be serious, Commander Loran," Riker said when Face made his request. "I can certainly understand giving your comrades time to get off that cube, but that's no reason to put more lives on the line."

"If the Jedi think there's some danger aboard the cube, then we had better check it out. The last time we ignored them, we wound up with a dictator in power, and millions dead, not to mention the billions of lives ruined by Palpatine's tyranny."

"And the tyranny of the Collective is far greater than that of any one man," Riker said.

"I'm beginning to understand that," Face said. "But what you need to realize is that it took the children of Palpatine's lieutenant, his right hand if you will, to lift that shroud. One of those two is aboard that Borg cube, and we're going to need him back."

"With your permission, Captain, I would like to take an away team across and see if we might be able to offer Master Skywalker any assistance," Worf said from the tactical station. "Even if it's an away team of one."

"Worf, that's hardly a logcal step of action," Riker said, turning to look back at the Klingon.

"Nevertheless, one warrior is predisposed to aid another. Master Skywalker has shown himself to be a man of honor. It would be a grave act of dishonor to ignore the opportunity to offer him our aid."

"Not to mention give you one more stab at the Borg," Riker said. "Somehow, I think you always regretted letting the captain face the Queen alone."

"The captain needed to face his enemy on his own," Worf said. "But there is no reason that the Skywalkers should have to do the same."

"If the Borg have indeed raised a new Queen, and I think this likely, then we must be prepared for the fact that she will be expecting either myself or the captain, as we each now have scores to settle with the Borg," Data said.

"You're saying that we shouldn't help them?" Troi asked.

"No," Data said. "I am saying that we should. The Borg will know that we will suspect them of preparing some sort of defense against either myself or the captain. So they will naturally expect that we will not attack them, but rather let them deal with the unkown quantity the Republic represents."

"And instead, we will move against them," Picard said. "Worf, prepare an away team from those who were with us during the battle for First Contact," Picard said. "And then I want you to do all you can to put a stop to the Borg, once an for all."

++++++++++++

That's all for now, I'm afraid. I'll do my best to be back next week with a longer post, but my muse really needs to start beating her way into my head, it seems.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

24. KaraJadeKim

Mar 5, 2008
    Somhow i knew picard and Data would. I was sure picard would not let l/m go at it alone. picard to go first though not worf. would want to go over data and picard both have a score to settle and i knew they wouldn't let l/m fight alone

25. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    since when are Klingons ever logical? :p can't wait to see what happens next. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.