main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Across the Void (Star Wars, Star Trek: TNG crossover) Completed 8/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    :D Even though there aren't any big revelations, as you put it, it was still well executed. XD

(Wanna know something funny? Ever since I started reading this fic, I began to watch Star Trek again, though the only ones I could find are Voyager and Enterprise. XD)

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "With your permission, Captain, I would like to take an away team across and see if we might be able to offer Master Skywalker any assistance," Worf said from the tactical station. "Even if it's an away team of one."

"Worf, that's hardly a logcal step of action," Riker said, turning to look back at the Klingon.

"Nevertheless, one warrior is predisposed to aid another. Master Skywalker has shown himself to be a man of honor. It would be a grave act of dishonor to ignore the opportunity to offer him our aid."

I can easily hear Worf's vice in this exchange. [face_love]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yayness!!!! It's show time for the Jedi and Worf's team are gonna combine forces... woot!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Their Queen's goose is cooked now!!! [face_laugh] ;)

4. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Great! Keep up the exciting work!

5. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    Thanks for the update.

I would love to see Worf over there telling the Borg Queen to "Assimilate this!" [face_laugh]

6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Great! Here comes the calvary. Luke and Mara are not going to have to face this danger alone.

7. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I do hope they have a plan. My questions are this. I still wonder why The Enterprize crew can not lock on L/M and deploy the transportor. Plus since The Borg have delt with Data and Picard in the past wouldn't they be purpared for these two, in particular, to try something sepectacular and cause distruction regaurdless of a new Queen? I hope you understand what I am trying to say because I am having trouble putting it into words. Great post and thanks.@};-

8. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Kara: And as you expected, Luke & Mara won;t be forced to handle the Borg on their own.

Petra: That's a very good question.

Sabriel: Good to hear you're watching some Trek again, even if Voyager and Enterprise aren't usually the best representations.

Leona: I actually tried to imagine Michael Dorn saying some of the dialogue before posting, so I'm glad I got some of it right!

Jade_eyes: Or she's at least going to be having a large problem...

Perigrine: I'll certainly try!

divapilot: Nope. Wouldn't happen.

FLYSWATTER: Hopefully I'll be addressing your concerns in tonight's post, at least on the transporter question.

And here's the next post!

A shimmer of light appeared in the gloom of the cube, five pillars that respolved into five black-clad figures. As the shimmer faded entirely, the figure in the lead raised a finger to his chest. "Worf to Enterprise," he said. There was no response, only dead air. "It appears that the Borg are once again interfering with communications," he said. He gestured for the security team to fan out. Two pairs flanked Worf on either side, and the team began to move forward.

"I haven't been able treach Master Skywalker, or the other Jedi," Christine Vale said from Worf's right."

"Communications will be difficult, due to Borg interference," Worf said. "We could be within steps of Master Skywalker and not know he was there." As if on cue, three drones flew from a corridor the T-junctioned with the one Worf and his team were making their way through. Though perhaps, the Kingon thought, flew wasn't quite the right word.

The Borg smashed into the wall, and Worf's phaser came up, joined by those of the rest of the away team. But the phaser quickly came down as a pair of figures emerged, figures that were far from Borg.

"I guess Face is more persuasive than I thought," Corran Horn said, the orange flight suit he wore almost giving off a glow in the dimness of the cube. "Though it looks like you're a bit late to the party."

"I am sure there will be plenty of party left," Worf said. "I presume that was the last resistance you faced?"

"I figure there's a few that we might have managed to avoid," Corran replied. "Though with Kyp stomping around like he was, it's a wonder the entire ship doesn't know we're here."

"They probably knew we were here from the moment you lightsabered that first drone," Kyp said. "It would have been easier if they'd just scurried off into some corner."

"The Borg rarely retreat," Worf said. "But I do believe you're correct that we cannot depend on the element of surprise to aid us for too much longer. Have you been able to locate Master Skywalker?"

"No," Kyp said. "Even through the Force, I can only get the barest glimmer of his presence. He's still alive, and relatively unharmed."

"Mara as well," Corran said. "Though if I'm reading her sense right, she's getting more than a little frustrated. Which doesn't bode well for the Borg."

"Then we had best get moving," Vale said. "There's no point loitering about when there's work to be done."

"There's also no point in charging in half-cocked," said one of the other away team members, and ensign whose name Worf couldn't quite recall at the moment. "Isn't that what got us in trouble in the first place?"

"With the Borg, it's impossible to know all the details until the last second," Vale said. "We've just got to be ready for anything."

"We will also need to be prepared for what we cannot expect," Worf said. "It's impossible to say how many species they may have assimilated, and what knowledge they might have gained."

"Too bad they didn't gain a healthy respect for Jedi," Kyp said. It would have made this whole sitation a lot simpler."

"In my experience, there's nothing about the Borg that is simple, Jedi Durron," Worf said. "But I agree that it is time we move on. No doubt the collective is aware of our presence."

"Just out o

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, Tych, it's like being on a ship that could sink at any moment [face_worried] I always did like the speed and immediacy of the transporters. :D Being prepared for something you cannot expect o_O Good flaming grief LOL Can't wait for more needless to say. :)

10. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    I hope Worf and the others find them but Kyp always on the move lighsabiring drones are not the best thing to do and the Borg are full of suprises good update. You had to leave it hancging again Tych your kepeing us in suspsnse to much. And with worf over there some but kicking will be done.

11. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    nice update, but for once, Kim is right; you left it hanging! :p :D

12. Sabriel_Orion

Mar 29, 2008
    It was short, but I still enjoyed it. XD

As for Voyager and Enterprise, I only watch those because they come on regularly. I guess I'll have to borrow TNG from my friend, who's a definite Trekkie. XD

13. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    You did answer my question about the current state of the transporter. Hope they get that jamming fixed. To many of my favorites are on that cube. I also noticed that there is a different opinion about the use of a lightsaber. L/M are trying not to use it so it can not be assimulated (proubly wrong term used) and wild man Kyp is useing it. They always did have a difference of opinion. Kyp has always been a favorite of mine though. I also loved the statement that a frustrated Mara would not be a good thing for The Borg's health. I have to agree with that. Force help them if they hurt her farmboy. Great job and thanks.@};-

14. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Jade_eyes: Nothing like increasing the pressure in a situation that could already be described as a pressure cooker, is there?

Kara: Trust me, Kyp's going to make his presence felt, even if it isn't the wisest course of action. And before all is said and done, expect Worf to get a moment of his own.

Petra: I did, a bit, didn't I?

Sabriel: Definitely get a look at TNG.

FLYSWATTER: I guess that just means that Kyp wasn't exactly paying attention, doesn't it?

Okay, here comes the next post!

Two Borg flew over the edge of the walkway, only one screaming as he fell. Luke could feel the pressure of the Collective among the drones, but he was also learning to pick up the remnants of the individuals they had once been. He knew that many of these drones that now faced him were beyond redemption; the individual was simply too far gone. But he also knew that with each Borg life that was taken, something was lost.

"No time for thinking about that sort of thing, Farmboy," Mara said, her lightsaber cutting a Borg in half even as she brought it around and stabbed down through the arm of another, who howled as he turned away from his attacker. By mutual agreement, Luke and Mara had decided that only one of them should use the weapon of the Jedi. The other would use the Force exclusively.

Luke shoved another drone into a wall hard enough that he heard the drone's teeth rattle. As the drone fell forward, Luke saw that the skull had been caved in. He used the Force to rip mechanical arms off, and did all he could to keep the drones from getting close enough to make contact. For somehow, he knew that if they did, it would be the end for his life as he knew it.

He had also realized that his first impression had indeed been correct. Not only had the sense of the collective become stronger, but he could feel a presence that was sriving the drones forward, almost as he had felt the reborn Emperor's presence reaching out to direct and control his servants. This presence was different, however. It wasn't so much enhancing as dominating, not so much focusing as controlling. It could only be the mind of the Queen. And if the strength of the impression was any indication, she was drawing closer.

"A little helo here would be nice," Luke said, as four drones charged him at once.

"I'm a little busy at the moment, Skywalker," Mara called back, the blue blade of her lightsaber dancing as she twisted the hilt this way and that, each time performing a cut with almost surgical precision. Luke could feel the Force directing, guiding Mara's hand. And as he opened himself to the energy field further, he felt two more presences.

"We've only got to hold on a little longer, Mara," he said. "We've got some help on the way."

"We'll need it," Mara said, and he could hear, for the first time, weariness in her voice. "I'm not sure how much longer I can keep these?ah?Borg off of me." That last statement was punctuated as she speared a Borg through the chest.

"Don't give in, Mara," Luke said, flinging another drone back into a crowd of its fellows and taking the whole group down in a tangle. "If I can sense them, then they can't be far away." His last statement was interrupted by the whine of a phaser blast that took down a drone trying to sneak up on Mara. Luke turned, and saw Worf, with three other Enterprise officers following him. And behind them, doing their best to destroy the path by which they'd come, came Kyp and Corran.

"Heard you needed some help, Master," Kyp said with a smirk.

"Let's just do what we need to and get out of here," Luke said. "And no heroics," he said, locking his gaze on Kyp.

"He always takes the fun out of everything," Kyp said to Corran.

"I'm just glad he's here to do it," the bearded Jedi replied. "Means I don?t have to deal with discipling you when you don't listen."

++++++++++++

More to come next week, though it might be delayed due to the holiday.[face_flag]

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

15. KaraJadeKim

Mar 5, 2008
    Nice go Luke kick some butt and Mara i still love her Nice way to handle it love how you compared Mara senseing the queen to the Emperor reborn. Awesome update love the kyp and corren banter. More please as soon as you can. Can't wait for worf's moment in the spotlight.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Just like Luke to think about redeeming the mind/personality of the individual(s) now absorbed into the Collective. Glad Kyp's group caught up with them. :D [face_relieved] :)

17. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    "Let's just do what we need to and get out of here," Luke said. "And no heroics," he said, locking his gaze on Kyp.

"He always takes the fun out of everything," Kyp said to Corran.

"I'm just glad he's here to do it," the bearded Jedi replied. "Means I don?t have to deal with discipling you when you don't listen."

Love the back-and-forth bantering! Now that everyone is here, let's finish this queen once and for all. [face_beatup]

18. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    very good update! :D

19. Force_Chick

May 18, 2008
    Nice update. As everyone has said the bantering was very well done. I, too, look forward to some Borg butt kicking by Worf [face_dancing]

20. Sabriel_Orion

Mar 29, 2008
    Again, great job. XD Can't really comment on it, since what I thought was already said. XD

I thought I'd clarify something. XD I used to watch TNG all the time before my dad died, since he loved it. XD I just haven't seen it in forever. XD

21. tannim78

tannim78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2008
    I cant wait for corran to get some borg butt kicking!

22. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Nicely done! Looking forward to more!

23. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Kara: Trust me, Worf's moment is coming.

Jade_eyes: I suppose you could say that Kyp's playing the Han role????

divapilot: That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Petra: Thanks!

Force_Chick: There's some Borg butt-kicking coming!

Sabriel: Glad you're enjoying the fic!

tannim: There's going to be some coming.

Perigrine: And more has arrived!

Okay, sorry about the delay, but I got hung up in holiday festivities.

To put it simply, the Borg were unprepared for the onslaught. The lightsabers of the Jedi cut through the Borg armor as if it wasn't there, and the shifting harmonics of the blades kept the collective from using their greatest advantage: their ability to adapt. The drones fell, but it seemed as if for each one that was felled, another stepped forward to replace him.

"How many of these thingsd are there?" Kyp asked as his saber sliced neatly through the neck of a charging Borg.

"Perhaps millions," Worf said from Kyp's left, where he pulled his mek'leth out of the chest of another Borg. "There's always been too much interference to get an accurate reading."

"Great," Corran said. "I only hope they continue to have difficulty adapting."

"Corran, keep your mouth shut about that sort of thing," Mara said, kicking a Borg in the chest and then spearing him with her lightsaber. "Luke's already come a little too close to putting us all in deep bantha poodoo."

"He didn't say it, did he?" Corran asked.

"No, I didn't," Luke said, only the slightest hint of exasperation in his voice. Then, Mara detected a shift in his sense.

"What?"

"The drones," Luke said. "They've stopped coming." Sure enough, the flood of drones had slowed to a trickle, and soon, the Jedi found only the members of Worf's landing party standing with them.

"That can't be all of them," Worf said.

"But it is all that I am willing to commit," a voice said. It didn't have quite the same tone, but the sense was the same as that of the Queen. From around the corner, a new Borg came into view.

"And who in space are you?" Kyp asked.

"I am the Borg," the being said.

"Impossible," Luke said. "She's dead."

"And yet I am here," the Queen said. "Surely your life-encompassing Force can offer you some sort of explanation."

"You seem to crave life," Luke said. "And yet you've thrown so much away here. Is it possible that the Borg don?t need to assimialte others? Is it possible that you could co-exist with others, and learn from them without destroying them?"

"By assimilating others, we bring them closer to perfection."

"But without the diversity of life, what's the point?" Kyp asked. "Our experiences make us who we are, but we need our failures to help us learn."

The Queen shook her head. "Within the Collective, your mistakes would be learned by others. Why should more than one have to make the same mistake?"

Worf had moved towards the bag that Luke had dropped during the Borg onslaught. He now aimed a flachette launcher at the Borg Queen. "Assimilate this," he said, and fired. The pellets slammed into the Queen, knocking her off her feet. "Let's go," he said, and ran for the shuttle. Kyp and Corran followed, with Luke and Mara bringing up the rear.

"Let's move it," Mara said. "We'll need to get out of there before the Borg get here."

"What Borg?" Kyp asked, continuing forward. Mara gabbed the sleeve of his cloak spinning him around.

"Those Borg."

++++++++++++

More to come next week.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

24. Force_Chick

May 18, 2008
    First post!

Excellent update, as usual. It's so in character for Luke to try and reason with the Queen and show her the Light.:cool:

Excellent FC reference from Worf. Assimilate this, indeed!

25. KaraJadeKim

Mar 5, 2008
    "You seem to crave life," Luke said. "And yet you've thrown so much away here. Is it possible that the Borg don?t need to assimialte others? Is it possible that you could co-exist with others, and learn from them without destroying them?"

Just Like Luke Great update

Worf had moved towards the bag that Luke had dropped during the Borg onslaught. He now aimed a flachette launcher at the Borg Queen. "Assimilate this," he said, and fired. The pellets slammed into the Queen, knocking her off her feet. "Let's go," he said, and ran for the shuttle. Kyp and Corran followed, with Luke and Mara bringing up the rear.

Love Worf pointing the gun at the Borg queen Assimlate this lol straight out of First contact

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.