main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Across the Void (Star Wars, Star Trek: TNG crossover) Completed 8/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    I love that line from First contact. That made me like Worf even more. :D

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous action there--and I hope they blast off before the other Borg get there---I loved how the Jedi tried to discuss the philosophical and logical facets of assimilating LOL

3. tannim78

tannim78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2008
    LOL, lOVED IT WHEN wORF Said assimilated this, and shot up the borg queen.[face_skull]

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Leave it to Luke to try and reason one more time with the Borg.

Awesme post!

5. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I hope they make it to the shuttle. Seems like that has been tried once before by L/M. Maybe another shuttle? Good ol Luke! He does always try talk reason ito his foe. Makes sense. If one can talk reason into an opponent that can possibly be your equal in strenght, then both sides can escape injury or death. Nature's way. However, I am not so sure The Borg see things that way. They believe that they are right and every one else are inferior. Super posts and thanks.@};-

6. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Force_Chick: Yeah, leave it to Luke to try and redeem the Borg.

Kara: I tried to make sure both Luke and Worf were given their moments.

Petra: It is a great line, isn't it?

Jade_eyes: Do you really think I'd let Luke & Mara get assimilated?

tannim: Glad you liked it.

Leona: Yeah, Luke's not one to give up until he absolutely has to. Have to wonder what Obi-Wan would have made of the Borg.

FLYSWATTER: Yup, Luke's going to try and convince the Borg Queen of her error, but unfortunately, some people just can't be reasoned with.

Okay, here comes the next post!

"Oh," Kyp said. "Perhaps you're right." Then he realized that by standing still, he was not only delaying the whole group's escape, but making himself a target for the horde of Borg rushing towards him. As he turned to run, he thought he saw the Queen rise, her face ripped apart by the pellets of the flachette launcher.

Worf reached the shuttle first, and slid behind the control console. Luke slipped around him, all but dumping himself into the copilot's seat. "Probably better if you fly this anyways," Luke said, with a hint of a smile. "I don?t think our exit is going to be as clean as our entry."

"Not likely," Worf replied. "I will be surprised if we make it back to the Enterprise."

"Tell me you're joking," Corran said as he and Mara joined them, while raced to get abaord. Worf was already powering up the engines when the younger Jedi joined them inside what was becoming a very cramped shuttlecraft."

"I don?t suppose you've got any other Jedi tricks that might make the borg think we're still aboard their vessel," Christine Vale said. She was crammed between one of the away team members, and Mara, who seemed to itching to grab the controls from Worf.

"Nothing that'll work for that many people," Mara said. She looked at Corran, who shook his head.

"A few, I could handle, especially if I knew them," Corran said. "Those guys, I don?t want to get to know." The shuttle rose, and Mara felt it shudder a bit as a group of Borg leapt at the departing craft.

"We've got a few riders," she said.

"Then se'll just have to hope that they're not vac-proof," Luke said.

"Unfortunately, the Borg do seem to be able to adapt to vaccuum," Worf replied. "We'll have to find some other way to lose them." He rolled the shuttle, firing the small craft's phasers in order to open a hole in the cube's hull. The shuttle bucked as the air in the cube raced out the hole, but it did give the shuttle a slight boost in speed.

"Shuttlecraft, this is Enterprise," a voice said. Luke recognized the clipped tone of Captain Picard.

"We read you, Enterprise," Luke said. "Any chance you can open up a larger hole for us?"

"It looks as if the Borg aren't going to let their prize escape without a fight, Master Skywalker," Picard said. "We'll have to bring you aboard, before the Borg figure out that we're not giving you back."

"You know the Collective better than I do, Captain," Luke said. "Though someone's going to have to stay back and pilot the shuttle."

"I will take that duty," Worf said. "It isn't as if I haven't been beamed off a shuttle just before the Borg destroyed it before."

"Let's just hope things go as well as they did before. Stand by." The Jedi, along with the rest of the security team vanished in a shimmer of light. "We've got the others," Picard said. "Commander Worf?"

"Ready," Worf said, and then he too vanished from the shuttle, a moment before the Borg reduced it to floating scrap metal.

++++++++++++

More to come next week!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That transporter is just too ... handy besides being cool ;) Can't wait to see what happens next :D :D

8. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    yes I've decided that of all the STar Trek technology, the transporter has been the most cool and the most handy; and I wish it was real! Glad to hear they got out safely. [face_dancing]

9. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    =D=YAY! They got out!

That part about the queen starting to rise, her face all smashed apart, was just plain creepy. :D

10. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    Whew glad they got off that thing with the Queen rising up freaked me out. The transporter is the best technology i agree

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    CLose escape. Loved Worf's comment about having done this before. lol

12. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    I am very happy that everyone made it off that shuttle. I must agree with Picard. The Queen is not going to make this escape easy. I have a bad feeling that maybe she let that ship leave the cube just too easy. I hope that they do not have extra passenger(s) during the transport. I could see Worf being the last to transport and risk his life. He is a warrior after all and also head of security on the Enterprize. Super job and thanks.@};-

13. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Jade_eyes: It is handy, and part of why I've tried to avoid using it. It smaks a little too much of dues ex machina sometimes.

Petra: I can't count the number of times I've wished I coudl simply beam somewhere. Sure would put the oil companies out of business, wouldn't it?

divapilot: It was intended to be creepy, so it apparently worked.

Kara: It was supposed to freak you out.

Leona: Glad you liked that bit.

FLYSWATTER: Any less, and I wouldn't be doing Worf justice.

Okay, here comes the next post!

"I'm amazed that there isn't even the slightest indication of contamination," Beverly said as she completed her examination of Mara. "Even though it's been years, Captain Picard still has some residual nanoprobes left in his system."

"Perhaps the Force is more capable of purging my system than surgical and blood filtration procedures allow you to be," Mara said. "Am I free to go?"

"Since there isn't anything that I can find that could prove a danger to the Enterprise, I have no reason to keep you here. And given the abilities you've shown so far, I don?t think it would wise of me to try."

"Probably not," Mara said, satnding and buckling on her lightsaber. "There have been those who have tried, but found that I'm more stubborn than they'd expected." Then she turned and, joined by Luke, left sickbay.

"You could have been a little more diplomatic there," Luke said.

"I'll leave the diplomacy to your sister," Mara said. "So where to now?"

"Depends on how eager you are to leave," Luke said. "We could head for the shuttlebay, but I think I'd like to stay aboard a little longer."

"Then I suppose there's only one logical place for us to go," Luke said. "I think we can be of some use on the bridge, don?t you?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way, Farmboy," Mara replied with a smile.

"You've had the most experience dealing with the Borg, Captain," Kre'fey said. "Perhaps you'd care to take command of the fleet?"

"I don?t like doing it, but it seems that there is little choice," Picard said. He was about to issue the command to target the cube when Worf spoke from behind him.

"Captain, we are being hailed. Or rather, you are."

"By the Borg?" Riker asked. "This sounds a little too familiar."

"Open a channel, Mr. Worf. I think we ought to at least hear what the Borg have to say. But as I'll be busy, please, see if you can locate the source of the transmission. If it's who I think it is, we'd better be ready to blow that section open."

"Channel open, Captain," Worf said, then turned his attention back to the tactiacal display before him.

"Locutus," the Borg Queen said, her mauled face filling the viewscreen. "I suppose I should be disappointed that you didn't come to me yourself."

"We all know how that wound up last time," Picard said. "This time I sent people I thought would be able to finish the job."
    "Your mind really has grown quite small over the years. You should have remembered that I can never truly die. You can kill me, but like a bad penny, I'll keep coming back."

"But you never seem to learn that I'll be there to stop you."

"Perhaps. But I think time will catch up to you faster than it will me. Farewell, Locutus. You could hqave achieved perfection, but like a close-minded fool, you have rejected it."

"And you will always think yourself superior, when in fact you are not." Picard turned to Worf. "You have the coordinates?"

"I do."

"Then transmit them to Kre'fey's fleet, and order them to fire at will."

++++++++++++

Next post will be up on Friday!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

14. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    ooh, cliffie........but I think Picard will gain the upper hand. He always does. :)

15. KaraJadeKim

Mar 5, 2008
    I think picard will take care of her he will always get the upper hand

16. Dal-Rend

Dal-Rend Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2008
    Why am I getting the eerie feeling of this being comparable to Tarkin on the Death Star, and his " You may fire when ready " or even Emperor Palpatine's " Fire at will ... "? Cant wait to see what ya got up ya sleeve next.

17. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Good stuff! You're doing a consistantly good job of keeping both Star worlds well balanced. Very enjoyable, keep it up!

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    "You could have been a little more diplomatic there," Luke said.

"I'll leave the diplomacy to your sister," Mara said. "So where to now?"

If not for being in in the middle of a war, I'd agree with LUke. :p

19. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    Sounds to me that the Queen is baiting Picard with that transmition. To bad Luke had not made it to the bridge before that conversation took place. It might of remined him of Palpatine during their little war of words on the second Death Star when he reminded Palpatine that his confidence was his weakness. Great job and thanks.@};-

20. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    great updates! - DRL has been interfering a bit too much for me to reply!

Glad that Luke & Mara and the gang got out safely - making use of that lovely convienient transporter!

The Borg queen seems to be doing some serious baiting.... this fight seems to be getting more personal?

Looking forward to more!

s_r

21. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Petra: I'd have to agree with that sentiment.

Kara: Usually. But she has beaten him before...

Dal: You're not thinking Picard & Co are going to go up in flames, do you???

Perigrine: Glad you think so, because let me tell ya, it isn't easy.

Leona: I suppose you could say that they're both right.

FLYSWATTER: You could say that she's trying to bait Picard. She just doesn't know what she's getting herself into.

smiley: That transporter is such a wonderful device, isn't it???

The cube rocked, as it was git again and again by the combined forces of the New Republic fleet and the Enterprise. Most of the drones simply continued their assigned tasks, some being pulled in a vain attempt to repair some, any, of the damage being inflicted on the cube. And as the cube was damaged further, the collective's hold on some of the more recently assimilated drones began to falter.

Five of Seven had seen the drones, including many of his subgroup, downed by the invading Jedi Knights. The Queen's will had forced him into an attack, but one of the non-Jedi, the one with the ridged forhead, had lopped off the prosthetic arm the Borg had grafted to the once pale blue skin of a Chiss warrior.

But the damage hadn't been contained, despite the onslaught. The Queen's hold on her drones was slipping, and Five of Seven's original identity was beginning to reassert itself. It had taken time, but the Queen had finally locked the original identity away beneath a Borg conciousness. But now, with the Queen's attention focused on defense, the walls had cracked just enough to give the noble warrior of Nirauan a chance.

Stent started by attempting to lift the stump of an arm. The blood flow had slowed, but there was still blood trickling from the wound. It increased only slightly as he forced his arm up. That slight movement gave him hope, and he tried to lever his body upwards, into a sitting position. It took a greater concentration, as the Borg consciousness wanted him to remain where he'd fallen. After all, the medical drones would be coming, to save those they could, and to disconnect the terminal from the Collective consciousness. Stent could still hear the voice of the Collective, but at this point, it didn't matter. He had one focus, and that was to take his revenge on those who had tried to turn him into a weapon against his own kind.

Picard watched as the turbolasers and proton torpedoes slammed into the Borg cube. Pieces of titanium cracked off, spinning out into space. The quantum torpedoes from the Enterprise detonated against and within the cube, creating even more havoc for the Collective. And for the first time in battle, he felt the Collective's hold begin to crack.

"They're becoming disoriented," he murmured. "Worf, target any area of the cube. We'll let Kre'fey and his fleet finish the Borg in one way, while we keep them occupied."

"You're thinking that the more we give them to do, the less liekly they'll be able to do anything well," Riker said.

"Exactly, Number One. It would be like giving a human simply too much stimuli. We couldn't process it, and we'd eventually crack."

"Captain," Worf said. "You are being hailed."

"Yes, I somewhat expected to hear from the Queen again before this was over.. Put her through, Commander."

The face of the she who was the Borg filled the viewscreen. "Locutus," she said. "You seem to think that by destroying this vessel, you will help assuage your sense of guilt. But what you fail to realize is that with every engagement, we grow more aware. There will come a time when your ingenuity is no defense, and you will return to us."

"Thankfully, your Majesty, that day is not today." Picard turned to Worf. "Mr. Worf, fire."

A full spread of Six quantum torpedoes leapt from the Enterprise, speeding across the void to slam into the heart of the Borg cube. They detonated, spreading fire through the enemy ship, and tearing it asunder. The

22. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew Picard would get the better of the Queen. :D great update!

23. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    oh, you're good! I had forgotten about Stent! Poor dude.

excellent updates. =D= =D=

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super couple of updates. Picard rocks to the moon :* =P~ ;)

25. KaraJadeKim

Mar 5, 2008
    GReat i knew picard wouldn't put up with her Yes go picard and company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.