main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Across the Void (Star Wars, Star Trek: TNG crossover) Completed 8/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    Yipeee! Cube destroyed! Go Picard, SW galaxy!

great update - poor stent...

s_r

2. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Petra: Glad you liked it!

divapilot: Yes, Stent deserved better. But at least he's now free of the Collective.

Jade_eyes: Rocks to the moon and back.

Kara: He'll put up with her...as long as it takes to figure out how to wreck her plans.

smiley_rancor: But is that the end of the Borg???

Okay, here comes the next post!

Kre'fey's face appeared on the viewscreen, though it looked a little mashed, thanks to the efforts to convert the Holonet signal into something that would work for the Enterprise viewer. The process hadn't been completely successful, leading to a somewhat smushed look. "It appears that the cube has been destroyed. I have to say, the coordinates didn't seem to be any vital system."

"The Borg have learned how to keep their control centers from appearing to be such," Picard said. "Besides, the only way to truly take out a Borg cube is to target it in the most vulnerable spot, the location of its connection with the greater Collective."

"In this case, the Queen," Kre'fey said. "I wonder though, if this is truly the end of the threat. You yourself said that you had seen a Queen destroyed, and yet another reappeared here."

"Not to mention the fact that I struck what should have been a deathblow to a Queen aboard the cube," Luke said from the turbolift. "And yet, before Mara and I escaped the cube, another had risen to take her place."

"Is there any way that we can be certain that the Borg can't return?" Kre'fey said. "I don?t like the idea of telling the Chief of State that we'll have to be watching our backs from now on."

"Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that you will," Picard said. "Now that the Borg know your galaxy exists, they will be coming back. The only thing you can do is to watch for even the slightest hint that they are returning. They've managed to surprise you once, but they won?t be able to do it so easily again."

"And now that we've beaten them once, we know how to do it," Kre'fey said. "But what of you? We won't be able to create the sort of distortion that you arrived in."

"Not to mention the fact that we don?t want the Borg backtracking it to Coruscant," Mara said. "The last thing we would want to do is hang out a sign that says, 'Here's our capital.' Not if we want to keep on living the lives we know."

"Right," Riker said. "However, I think it's possible to recreate the rift on our own. Data?"

"Given the fact that this area of space is far less dense than the space we arrived in, I belive it would be possible for us to recreate the rift, using the recordings we made before following the Borg into the original distortion. However, I cannot guarantee success."

"And while I am sure that we could adapt to your galaxy, this isn't our place," Picard said. "We have to at least try to make it home."

"I can understand the desire to see one's home again, as I am sure my sister would," Luke said. "But should your efforts fail, the New Republic would welcome you."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. We're nearing the end, so hang in there!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

3. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    Aw, I'm sad that it's nearly over. :( But I do wonder...I'm sure the Borg Queen will return.

4. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    Great update loved it so sad that its almost over i hope the Queen is done for but i think a reappeence is going to happen.

Watch out the borg will be back.!

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Everything seems to be going back to a "stand-down." I'm gonna hate to see them go. The two teams work so well together. :cool:

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great update. :D Yikes, permanent vigilance--all over because you never know where the Borg will emerge from. [face_worried]

7. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Great post! Looks like things are winding down. ...or are they? :D

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Really liked how Stent cam back to himself.

And yay for the destruction of the cube!!!![face_dancing] [face_dancing]

9. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    So The Cube has been blown up. Combined NR and Enterprize group one, Borg zero. I agree with Picard,L/M's assesment. Do not trust them. Maybe they transported to a ship near by or maybe someplace else before it blew. Knew that Chiss spirt was strong. Maybe The Borg Queen will all of a sudden face her own Rebel Alliance within the Collective. Super job and thanks.@};-

10. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Petra: Perhaps she will, but I think that she's done for right now.

Kara: Eternal vigilance. That's the real price of peace.

divapilot: Had to happen eventually. After all, Picard & Co. have an appointment in the Briar Patch.

Jade_eyes: Yup, the borg can come from anywhere, at any time.

Perigrine: Things are indeed winding down.

Leona: I had to bring Stent back for one last appearance.

FLYSWATTER: That Chiss spirit could cause problems, or it could make the Borg an even greater foe than before. Remember, they keep the best parts of those they assimilate.

Okay, here we stand at the end of the fic. That's right folks, this is the last post.

A swirling vortex hung before the Enterprise. "I don't belive we'll be able to maintian the conenction much longer," Picard said. "I suppose we'll just have to take our chances."

"May the Force be with you, Captain," Luke said from the cockpit of the Jade Sabre. "Perhaps we'll meet again someday, and under less urgent circumstances."

"I would welcome that day," Picard said. "Please pass my crew's thanks on to your sister for her offer, and our apologies that we cannot accept it."

"Leia knows what it is like to be apart from one's homeworld," Luke said. "I'm sure that she understands your desire to return to yours."

"Of course," Picard said. "As one of the peoples of my galaxy would say, 'Peace, and long life," The channel closed, and the Enterprise leapt forward into the rift. A moment later, the rift began to shrink. In minutes, it was impossible to tell it had ever been there.

"An interesting group of people," Mara said from the pilot's seat. "It's too bad we didn't get to know them better."

"You just wanted to learn some more of that mok'bara technique from Worf, didn't you?"

"What can I say?" Mara asked. "There's no reason not to add new techniques to one's arsenal. Aren't you the one who says that adding our differences makes us stronger?"

"I suppose," Luke said, looking at the space where the Federation starship had vanished. "I find myself wondering what their galaxy is like."

"Probably pretty much the same as ours. I sometimes think that despite our differences, everybody is pretty much the same. We all strive to do what's best for ourselves, and some of us take the extra step to try and make things better for others."

"I think that's the most philosophical I've ever seen you," Luke said.

"Remember that the next time I knock you on your butt in a practice duel," Mara said.

"I'm just glad you'll have the opportunity to do so. Back on the cube, when the Borg tried to assimilate you?I thought I'd lost you."

"If I hadn't been stronger, you might have. But you've done well as a teacher, Skywalker, even if you don't think you have. Besides, I think that trying to assimilate a Jedi might be a complete exercise in futility."

"The Borg certainly found it so," Luke said. "Let's go home, Mara."

Finis

That's all for this fic. To those who have hung around for the ride, thanks for all the comments and input. I hope you enjoyed the tale as much as I enjoyed writing it. Until next time,

May the Force be with you.

Tych_sel

11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    =D= =D= =D=

Great story! I've enjoyed this. Thanks for the ride!

12. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    I certainly enjoyed this story. It was very interesting to see how a Trek and a Wars universe interact. :D well done! =D=

13. Dal-Rend

Dal-Rend Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2008
    Kudos! This was an awesome ride from start to finish. I guess since this one is over, I will have to find more of your work on these boards. Keep up the awesome work!

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for featuring my boos in this final post with all their bantering sweetness. I have thoroughly loved this journey--you've done stupendous justice to both ST and SW. Bravo and huggles!!!!!

15. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    Great job Tych you did really well bridging the two universes and i really enjoyed You did great with paring them and doing both justice Great Work [face_dancing] =D=

16. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    You did a great job on the whole story, man! Really well done. Sorry I couldn't get here sooner to tell you so, but at least now you know. :D I really enjoyed the mix of the two genres. Awesome!

17. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Super job.=D= I really did enjoy the cross over. Wonder what it would be like for Luke and Mara to visit The Milky Way and interact with the locals. Did you notice the hint?[face_praying] Again great job and thanks!@};-

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It's over far too soon. Loved the banter between Luke and Mara at the end.

Thank for sharing this with us Tych_sel, it was great fun to follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.