main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Across the Void (Star Wars, Star Trek: TNG crossover) Completed 8/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentWolf

SilentWolf Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2006
    ?So what do you people do for fun?? - This will be interesting, perhaps both groups will learn something from the other.

Can't wait for the duel

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hee!! Not surprised at all Han liked the idea of a translator/communications device. [face_laugh] What would Han make of the holodeck experience? [face_thinking] What would his... program involve? Do I wanna know? [face_laugh] :)

3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Great! Love how Geordie could hear Chewie so clearly. About time the big guy got to speak his mind without interruption.

I can so see Han in 10-Forward. Another cantina. That's our boy!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I so want to see Han in 10-Forward. Will Guinan be there?? :D :D

5. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    I sure hope Picard refuses to give a communicator to Han & company because it just wouldn't be Star Wars without our favorite prissy tinman. :)

-dajohu

6. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Noellie: How 'bout a friendly game of poker???

Flowerlady: Perhaps you'll get to see the holodeck in use.

MU: I think many of us would love to get our hands on that tech.

Zebula: You're reading my mind, aren't you? You'll probably be seeing a poker game, and you'll certainly see some reactions top replication technology.

FLYSWATTER: You may get to see Luke with a bat'leth before all is said and done. And yes, the holodeck would probably cause both Booster and Lando to see credits. As for seeing more than one post a week, it's probably not going to happen, just because I'm trying to keep three stories going at one.

Wolf: Isn't half the fun watching the two groups interact?

Jade_eyes: Unfortunately, you'll have to wait to see Han with the holodeck.

divapilot: Yeah, it would be interesting to see Han get into a drinking contest, wouldn't it?

Leona: I'll certainly have to work that in, given that there are a few who want to see it.

dajohu: Just wouldn't be Star Wars without Threepio.

Okay, here comes the next post!

He lunged in, holding the staff before him, hands holding the staff at about the points where it might have been divided into thirds. It was, after all, how he would have held a bat'leth, and while the staff could have been used in any number of ways, Worf thought this might teach him the most about the Jedi's abilities. Luke seemed to be setting his feet, almost expecting Worf to lunge in with the staff.

He did so, but only with one end. As Master Skywalker moved to block the strike, Worf spun the rod around and caught Luke in the midsection. Worf smiled as he heard the air rush out of Luke, but no sooner was he past than he found himself on the floor, flat on his back. Even as he'd struck, Luke had extended his staff to push at Worf's feet.

Worf leapt back to his feet, and turned to find the Jedi eying him curiously. "An odd way to hold such a simple weapon," Luke said.

"Sometimes an odd grip can be very effective," Worf said, attacking again. And again, Skywalker parried it, moving with such ease that Worf's own attack appeared clumsy. It was as if the Jedi seemed to know what he was going to do before Worf himself did.

He shifted his grip so that he was holding it as he might a longsword. After all, the staff was not a bat'leth, and Skywalker's grip did give him more reach. By shifting his own grip, Worf put himself on a more even footing. He then launched into a series of maneuvers designed to throw the Jedi off-balance when he made the final lunge. But again, Skywalker was entirely prepared. Worf found himself flat on his stomach, and then felt the tip of the other?s staff against the back of his neck.

?A good exercise, Commander,? Skywalker said as Worf rolled over. The blond man extended a hand, helping the Klingon to his feet. ?But the Force gives me the advantage of seeing what you?re about to do before you do it.?

?Just as your wife knew Commander Riker was going to throw the fruit at her,? Worf said. ?Perhaps it is time you see for yourself what the Borg are like.?

?And how to you propose we do that?? Mara asked. ?From what your captain said, I doubt you?re simply going to invite them aboard.?

?No,? Worf said. ?But we did have an encounter with them only a short time ago. Portions of the Enterprise were assimilated by the Collective. That experience can be recreated. If you would allow me,? Worf said, tapping the chevron on his chest. ?Computer, three to transport to Holodeck One.?

A sparle obscured Luke?s vision for a moment, and he swore he felt, or heard, an odd hum. When the sparkle faded, he found that he, Mara, and Worf stood in a small room, its black walls crisscrossed with golden lines. ?This does not appear to be dangerous,? Mara said.

?This is what we call a holdeck. The entire room can become just about anything, through the manipulation of holgraphic fields. Computer, run program Borg Simulation 4.? The

7. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I bet if Luke gets strange feelings around clones just wait til he get a whif of the collective. Going to be craweling up his spine like insects. Glad Luke beat Worf but not to good for a warrior's ego. Always liked Klingons and thier sense of honor. Great job and thanks.@};-

8. dajohu

Oct 16, 2006
    Can't wait to see how the Borg respond to a lightsaber! :) Good update

-dajohu

9. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    That fight was over pretty quickly, although I suppose Luke could have ended it sooner if he chose. And I'm betting the Collective is going to have an odd sensation in the Force, like the clones did. A part of me is surprised that Luke and Mara weren't more startled by the Holodeck ...

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    How cool was the sequence with Worf and Luke :cool: =D= =D=
    Hmmm. Borg sim gave my Lukie-boo the heebie-geebies, I think. [face_thinking] ;)
    A healthy fear/respect is always good. Makes you less... reckless. [face_laugh]

11. OBIWANAmidala

OBIWANAmidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2006
    This is so cool!!!!Borg V.S. Jedi!!!Fight of the century. Will you PM me when you update?

12. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Wow.. great fight. However Worf is such a warrior I can see scenes in my mind where he tries to understand this "force" thing.

It was also a good introduction to the Holodeck

As to the poker: that was an enjoyable theme in Star Trek: The Next Generation, but it was part of a package with the other things. Just poker alone might be kind of .... well it is good that there are a lot of other things.

After all they all know pod-racing, sabacc, and Twi-lek slaves. [face_whistling].

Thanks for the update. I really liked it!

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ha!! Love seeing Worf and Luke together.

Now I can't imagine that Luke could sense the Force through a holodeck. That might be a very interesting exercise with the Borg program being run. [face_thinking]

14. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I loved the fight, it was really cool to see Luke beat Worf...:cool:

Great update!!!=D=

FL @};-

15. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    FLYSWATTER: Yeah, Luke's going to certainly have an interesting reaction to the Collective. I don't think you need to worry about Worf's ego. He's been bested before, and being defeated by Luke may have increased his respect for the Jedi.

dajohu: Going to have to wait as bit for that reaction, I'm afraid.

Zebula: Luke & Mara just didn't show it. You'll be getting a bit more reaction once we get the GFFA people off the Enterprise.

Jade: And I think we both know that recklessness isn't always the best course. Though against the Borg, it has been useful...

OBIWANAmidala: Glad you like what you've seen so far. I'll be happy to add you to the PM list.

Noelie: Glad you liked the fight, as well as the Holodeck intro. As for the poker, it'll be showing up, and I hope you'll approve of the way it's handled.

Leona: Luke's going to immediately see the Holodeck as a useful tool for training purposes, believe me.

Flowerlady: Thanks! Did the brief appearance of the holodeck meet with your approval?

Sorry that this is coming a day later, but DRL stepped in and briefly squashed my muse.

"Given the level of technology I've seen so far, I'm surprised you still use these," Han said, indicating the hand of cards he was holding. He was seated at a small, round table in the ship's lounge, which had now been restored to normal operations following the dinner to welcome the representatives of the New Republic. "I mean, I've seen far more advanced forms of gambling in our own space."

"There are more technological forms of gambling," Data said, "but this one seems to bring out the full range of human ability. I have found my experiences quite illuminating."

"I'm sure," Han said. He looked to Chewie, then asked, "Didn't Threepio once try his hand at a game of chance?" That drew what could only be described as roar of amusement from the Wookiee.

"I'm afraid I don't get it," Geordi said. "Who's Threepio?"

"See-Threepio is perhaps the most prissy and neurotic droid you're ever likely to meet. He's also saved our lives a couple of times, not that we'd ever let him hear it." He reached for the glass in front of him, swirling the amber liquid inside. "What did you say this was called?"

"Saurian brandy," Geordi said, taking a sip of his own drink. It was colorless, and Han could only guess that it was still alcoholic. Though come to think of it, he wasn't feeling the buzz he usually felt when imbibing too much. Either his tolerance had risen considerably, or else these Starfleet types didn't believe in a friendly drink or two when off duty. "Call," the engineer added.

Han laid his cards down with a grin. "Looks like I'm finally getting the hang of this," he said, scooping the assortment of chips towards him. "What did you say this game was called again, because I've got a few friends who would probably love to try it."

"Poker," Data said, looking over his shoulder as the doors to Ten-Forward opened. Riker entered, accompanied by Leia, Wedge, and Pellaeon. Apparently, the meeting with the captain was over.

"Commander," Geordi said, a smile forming. "I think we've found someone whose poker face could challenge even you."

"Really?" Riker said with an amused expression. "It might be worth finding out, if we weren't in such a dire situation. Admiral Pellaeon just received word that one of their ships had encountered something that sounds suspiciously like the Borg."

"Then they are here," Geordi said.

"Han, we're going to have to be going. I need to meet with the Senate and decide how we're going to respond to this."

"And I must communicate further with Imperial forces to learn exactly what has occurred," Pellaeon said.

"Looks like the time for fun is over, guys," Han said rising. "We'll have to do this again, though. I know Lando would love it."

"Perhaps once we have dealt with the current crisis," Data said, with a calm assurance that Han certainly didn't feel. Picard en

16. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    The Imperials will be assimilated.

17. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Luke feels it... something bad has happened, which of course is always part and parcel of having the borg around.

yes the Poker went well..with the real feel of how it was in ST:TNG.

Of course Han was in the thick of it, figuring it out far faster than Leia might wish! lol

Good job. :)

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ha, nothing like a friendly game of cards. :D Of course the Borg have to show up just then as well.

The Imps will learn the Rebles were nothing compared to the Borg. o_O

19. dajohu

Oct 16, 2006
    Lol, loved the poker game, I just hope Picard don't get involved in a game or Han might have a new ship to call his own... the Enterprise! :D

-dajohu

20. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Looks like the honeymoon's over, and it's time to lock & load.

I like how Han was able to detect Luke's "stumble" and recognize it for what it was.

Nice work again! I like this story so much. =D=

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful update. =D= The SEnate--argh!! They'll probably talk everything to death and with the Borg, you can't afford the time!! [face_worried] :p
    Hope there's time for more poker. Han needs to sample that green liquor from ST. [face_laugh] I have a feeling even he would ... succumb. [face_laugh]

22. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Oh, no; I can see it now; poker will be the next gambling fad in the New Republic. Han planning to teach it to a pro gambler is not a good idea ... then again, I'm surprised he didn't wind up owning a few phasers and tricorders, and maybe plans to a replicator or something. Poseur Saurian brandy doesn't seem like it's going over well with Han. I wish someone would just give him some Romulan Ale and just watch the smoke come out of his ears. The senate probably won't do squat(I'm expecting it to be about as effective and cooperative as the US Congress), but Leia really oughta at least tell them what's going on. Uh oh, what have the Borg done that created that disturbance? I just hope whatever they did, they didn't assimilate anywhere cool ...

23. SilentWolf

SilentWolf Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2006
    hmm... things are about to get interesting [face_mischief]

24. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh I loved the poker game...[face_laugh]

But uh-oh... the Borg..[face_worried]

Great post. =D=

FL

25. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Now the fun begins. I wonder if the Borg will register in the Force? They are part biological as also part technological right? Maybe Luke should meditate and try to reach out to them Since they they created this disturbance in the Force I would think that he might be able to track it. Great post and thanks.@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.