main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Acting Of The Star Wars Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ObiWanCon, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Not one single person said Billy Dee Williams. Where's the love?

For me, the best actor in the entire saga is without a doubt the "Two fighters against a star destroyer?" guy. His delivery, his screen presence, his sheer skill at portraying emotion, all incredible. Truly an unbelievable peformance.

2. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    PT: Ewan McGregor

OT: Harrison Ford

3. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    Ford, his career skyrocketed.
    MacGregor, his already successful, albeit ecclectic, career achieved a new and lucrative facet: action hero.

4. Son_of_Jango

Son_of_Jango Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2004
    harrison ford..he just makes han solo cool and portrays him PERFECTLY

5. athenianjedi

athenianjedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    Ewan mcgregor as Obi wan kenobi. He worked hard and succeeded portraying him like a young alec guiness and he really loves the series. IMO id go so far as to consider him as one of the best actors of his generation. Star wars is just one of his few hollywood movies cause he likes art films more.

I've loved ob1 more after ewan played him with such depth bec. i understood now why he was like that in the OT. I felt like crying when vader struck him down
    though I previously didn't reacted that strongly before. I realized now how much I've grown to love him.

6. Sly_Old_Dog

Sly_Old_Dog Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2004
    Natalie Portman gets my vote anyday!

On a more serious note though James Earl Jones was a damn good choice as the voice of vader.

Just imagine how bad vader could have been if they used Jim Carrey as the voice over or someone else silly like that!

7. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002

Mark Hamill is my favorite. I thought he was wonderful and it irks me when people say he was a lousy actor! Really, what is the difference between him and any of the other actors in the movies? And Alec Guinness is a close second--he brought that some of that classic Hollywood acting to Star Wars.

8. Tokio_Drifter

Tokio_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2003
    Liam Neeson
    Mark Hamill
    Pernilla August

9. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
  10. ig-86

ig-86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    3 stand out the Most to me.
    Liam Neeson
    Ewan McGreggor
    and
    Harrison Ford.....

11. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    PT: Liam Nessan and McDirmid
    OT: Ford and McDirmid

!snap

12. Geith_Jiseo

Geith_Jiseo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Ian McDiarmid. [face_devil]

13. Alowicious_ReX

Alowicious_ReX Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2004
    There are a ton of great performances throughout the saga but...I'm gonna have to go with Peter Cushing or Ian McDiarmond.

14. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I'm just going to put this up because it's a thread that can run and run so up we go.

15. JediDJ1013

JediDJ1013 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2005
    Mark Hamill is my favorite from the original trilogy. Ewan McGregor is my fave from the new trilogy.

on the other hand, I think Natalie Portman had done a HORRIBLE acting job as Padme.

16. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    I just rewatched TPM the other day, and I'm going to throw an extra vote in for Pernilla August. She did a great job with the character of Shmi. Not much to work on, yet she created a powerfully dramatic character whose death remains echoing throughout the PT. Great visual acting on her part.

17. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Harrison Ford of course

EDIT: though Anthony Daniels is a close 2nd

18. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Ian McDiarmid has put on some mind-blowing performances every time he's on screen. Ewan MacGregor is also great.

19. ig-86

ig-86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    Ewan McGreggor

20. sithscotti

sithscotti Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2005
    Natale Portman is my favorite overall actor outside of the saga (see Closer if you think she can't act) But I'll Ian Mcdermond and Natalie Portman are my favorites here

21. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    You guys have named your choices but what elements did the actor/actress bring to the character that made the performance stand out to you? Was there a certain scene(s) that you think really defined that person's portrayl of the character?

22. DJ_RMC

DJ_RMC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    Harrison Ford without a doubt is my favorite.

23. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Like Dash said, lets try to make this more of a discussion rather than just a list.

24. BactaTankJunkie

BactaTankJunkie Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2004
    Just a note before I answer, it's good to see there isn't any Hayden bashing here. In my opinion the guy deserves a break because he has done a good job and he will prove his worth in Ep 3.

As for my favourite actor. It's hard to argue against Ford, Fischer and Hamill as a collective unit because if you take one out than you have somehing maybe not as dynamic. I love all three together.

As for the PT, I have to go with McGreggor and McDiarmid. Gotta like Ewen's growth as a noble Jedi and I may hate the characer, but you have to say that Ian has delivered the goods with the evil and mysterious Palpatine.

25. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I've now renamed this thread as it will now become the center of all discussion relating to acting portrayls in all six films of the Star Wars Saga. Enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.