main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Action Figure Drama Mama

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by sidious75x, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious75x

sidious75x Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2001
    Hey guys, got a funny story. I went into Walmart two nights ago, and went directly to the AOTC display. Naturally, I was looking for a Count Dooku: Dark Lord figure to round out my collection. I wandered around for about five minutes looking, pawing, digging through countless Niktos, and then it happened....

I glanced over to a neatly stacked pile of about 8 figures or so, on the floor, next to a pallete of dog food. I immediately noticed the first figure was Yoda. Then further down, HOLY ***T, it was Dooku.

This was about the time I heard, in a southern accent worse than my own: "PUT THOSE DOWN!! THOSE ARE MINE!!" I looked up to see a rather large woman moving in closer to obviously try to snatch them from me. I replied, as calmly as possible, " These figures don't belong to you, they belong to Walmart, and soon, they will belong to ME. She attempted another grab, but I was too fast. About this time, a Walmart employee came around the corner, and said "I am tired of you people fighting over these damn figures, I have had to deal with this all day!" The woman began to explain to the Walmart employee how I had stolen her figures from her. During all the ruckus, I noticed a young boy, about 6 or 7, with his mother, staring in horror as these events unfolded. The boys mother stated that all he wanted was a Yoda, and they can't even get one because people always buy them up, and sell them on Ebay. In that moment, I became one with the Light Side of The Force once again, and handed the boy Yoda, and handed his mother Dooku. The look in his eye reminded me of the time when I was his age, having an employee at Zayre's dig up a Yoda for me from the stock room.

Now the circle is complete.

If you can do the same for someone, do so. Collect to Collect. Scalpers suck, and must me destroyed. :)

Love, Peace, Chicken Grease,
    Pete

2. sidious75x

sidious75x Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2001
    Oh, and by the way, after opening some of the figures, and displaying them, I really wanted to be a kid again. I can't even begin to tell you how much of a "fun factor" there is to the Jango Fett, Kamino Escape figure. Now the Anakin Skywalker: Hanger Duel figure is a different story. I won't go into that one, but if you have one, and have opened it, you know what I am talking about.

Anyway...Just rambling.

Pete

3. Bryan1138

Bryan1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Sent you an email about the Dooku. But in case you didn't get it, I'm offering to grab one for you when I raid Wally World Wednesday morning. I won't charge anything above what I paid. Heck, I'll even cover the shippin' for ya. Let me know.

Bryan1138
    Boone, NC Fanforce (unofficial)

4. VinkFloyd

VinkFloyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2000
    i can completely relate to what you mean about the anakin. i'm sure you mean the two-sabered one. i was going to get 5 figures from wal-mart on the first night, for the absolute purpose of adding them into my allready open collection and setting up duels. luminara, check. shaak ti, check. kit fisto, check. then there were anakin and nikto. well, i opened them all right there in the store, only 3 slices at the bubble, not the right side. the first 3 were very good but i'm a bit disappointed in shaak ti's articulation, but the blast deflector gains her back cool points. anakin? crap. put him back in the bubble and on a peg. nikto? crap. what's he got, a mere 4 points at shoulders and wrists, IF that?
    luminara kicks all kinds of ass, especially if you take her robes off. no, i'm serious, try it. her waist comes apart easily to take off the bottom robe and her head pops off for the top part. she looks lean and mean in her poses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.