Spring, MO Action Figure News

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by DarthShoey, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have the Han Solo Ex and Darth Vader Ex. Still have to find a place for them.
  2. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    hehe, I already have a place all planned out for Obi... :D
  3. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    Heh! I bet you do!
    I'd place him on the nightstand if I get him, but then there may be waaaaaayyyyy to many questions asked by the hubs..........
  4. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    No questions, just outright refusal to have him there... matter of fact I am not allowed any SW items in my bedroom or the main floor of the house for that matter. :p
  5. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Christina,
    I say you need some SW pajamas or at least a big night shirt with Obi Wan's face on it. LOL! :D
  6. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    HAHAHa that is too funny. I saw Amazon.com had death Star lounge pants this morning.
    Christina, I am soooo sorry to hear about that.
  7. Tripnastic Jedi Padawan

Picked up the Die-cast Darth Vader at Target today for 15 dollars. They had 2 diecast Boba Fett's, which looked like they had better detail. I wanted that one more, but it was one vader and two boba's, I took the odd's that I might not find Vader again.

Edited for spelling and to add that I picked it up at the Target in Florissant/Hazelwood on N. Lindbergh.
  8. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    DANG IT!
    Qui - Gon Goes on sale next week and I will be setting in a FINAL for school.
    WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:_| :mad:

here
  9. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    What stores have the cheapest VOTC Figures? I think the cheapest I saw them over here was $9.99.

You guys have probably seen the George Lucas in Stormtrooper disguise that's coming out. (I'm behind on my updates) It appears that you have to buy one of each of the new VOTC (5 of them) to send in for one George Stormie.

That's gonna make it one expensive send in - $49.95 plus shipping (yikes!)

I've got no problem getting a couple of the X-wing Luke, Endor Han, and the super articulated Speeder Bike Trooper. But I could do without an extra Tusken Raider or Greedo. Since I've got probably 10 of each through various incarnations. (gett'in really burned out on the rehashing of old figures)

10. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Tim, I really haven't seen anything around here. And I haven't seen any postings that encourage me to go out and buy either. The only thing I am really waiting for are the Galactic Hero's with TPM line coming out later this summer, oh and the FX Obi-Wan saber... :D
  11. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    So are there any pictures up of Obi"s or qui Gon's yet?
  12. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    There will only be Obi-Wan and Maul in a pack. The pic is here
  13. shcook1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've seen the Maul/Obi pack, but not the others. If I see Obi again, should I grab one for you?
  14. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Yes please! I have not seen them out around here...darn it.
  15. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    I got Qui Gon! YAY!
    I just hope I get a Obi on the wait list.
    Whew.
  16. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I got mine too. I was impressed how fast it was this time. All total I think I spent under 10 minutes ordering.
  17. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh so awsome!
    I did mine online and it was pretty painless. What time did they start to let us order? Cause I was home by 1230/1245 and that was just after 1030 Ca time and the exclusive was sold out.

I wanted Mace but can only get right now 1 a quarter if they doo it like that since they are expensive but they look great.
  18. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    They started at 12:00. I didn't realize they sold out that fast. I was in at 12:05, and done by 12:15. I was really surprised to get in, because with the Obi figure it took me an hour to get in, but I still get both exclusives. And this concluded my buying spree...lol. :D
  19. Jango11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Have been lucky so far, have all the exclusives. The first one Luke, I remembered later in the day and it was still available. My how things have changed since then!
  20. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anybody seen the 3 3/4" Commander Cody yet? I've seen the Coruscant wave twice, but have yet to see Commander Cody. I think my friendly neighborhood scalper has been at it again.

Target seems to be putting the newest waves out sooner than other dept. stores lately.
  21. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I haven't seen anything new in this area...and the Target here is just a wall of hangers. :(
  22. shcook1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I haven't seen Cody, but if I do see one, I'll grab it for you. Mom managed to find me a Scorch (in DuQuoin, IL) so I'll have her keep her eyes peeled, too - somehow she seems to stumble across these things more often than I do. Maybe the scalpers aren't as active in rural IL...
  23. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Is Scorch hard to find? I think I saw someone else say that in a different forum. I just saw a few him at the Target in Shiloh.

If anyone is looking for him, let me know.

24. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Ok, I have a dumb question: My husband has been remodeling our basement. What this has done is left a horrible layer of concrete dust on my collection. Does anyone have a good idea on how I can get it out of the loose figures I have out? I have thought about putting them under running water to get it out of the cracks but I am afraid that may cause problems with the movement. Help? :D
  25. shcook1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've cleaned my figures before in dilute dish soap with no apparent damage. I haven't done rigorous testing, though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.