Spring, MO Action Figure News

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by DarthShoey, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    I've done the same. Hasn't done anything to them. Although, I have not done it the C-3PO figures. Ones with that metallic finish, I don't know if that will affect those or not.
  2. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Thanks guys! I will give that a try and fortunately any figures that I have with metallic finishes never made it out of their boxes...lol. :D
  3. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
  4. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Question for some of our "slightly" older collectors -

Did any of you collect the Star Wars Micro Collection from the '79 - '81 ish?

I loved these things and I just bought the Bespin World Collection on the 'ol EBay.

Somewhere at home I have what's left of the Hoth World Collection(the only one I actually owned) Of course, I played with it until it was literally falling apart.

Good memories.
  5. Jango11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was at the Chesterfield Wal-Mart and they had app 30 of General Veers and Major Bren Derlin. It was crazy? The last time I seen something like that, was last year at the O'Fallon Wal-mart and they had row and rows of the ROTS Vader(nothing else). I'm not sure why this happens? I haven't been looking as often for new figures, but the shelves are always bare. P.S. I recevied the Obi-Wan 1:4 from Sideshow, it is pretty awesome:) General Greivous will be my LAST one, can't afford any more than that. Unless, there is a really cool Darth Maul-lol (which I'm hoping will be the next 12")
  6. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    That is crazy! LOL, the shelves around here (Kirkwood) have been bare for a long time...just a lot of lonely pegs. :( Yeah, I would like to see Maul be the next Sideshow item.
  7. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    OMG that is so cool! When did Obi ship? I am on the wait list and thought it said shipping will start in late June.....
    Also The shelves have been bare in Crystal City also, Maplewood, and last i checked Fenton and even over in Il. Bummer.
  8. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Medic, his figure is the 'Old Ben' figure'. The Obi-Wan you are waiting on is not due out till June...
  9. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    AH! I have seen the other "Older Bens" and i really did not like them at all. I had wished I knew of this one before they sold out.
    How is the detail? Do you have any pictures? (Person, not the sideshow ones.)
    Thanks for clarifying that jedi_Runya
  10. Jango11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't have any pics, I looked at the Obi statue and put it back in the box for now. I still have to buy a shelve for them. The detail is awesome, I think I like it even more than Darth. The blue light saber, lights up great!! I did receive the Luke Skywalker 12", I sent it back because some paint was rubbed off his nose. I don't have much exp with paints/models, so I sent it back to Sidewhow to have it fixed/replaced.
  11. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    shopstarwars.com has just put up the Shadow Stromtrooper for pre-order.

It's SDCC exclusive, but they'll be selling the rest there

Just an FYI for those interested.
  12. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    For all you Target shoppers - here are the DCPI's for a couple of exclusives

Grievous' Demise is DCPI 087-06-0781

Skirmish in the Senate BattlePack is DCPI 087-06-0863

I picked up both of them yesterday. Had to have an employee grab them out of the back, but if you have the numbers for them, they are usually willing to do it for you.

From what I've been seeing on different sites, almost all targets have these already, but most have not put them out yet.

Just an FYI
  13. Jango11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the information!
  14. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's a beware - Hasbro has the new George Lucas in Stormtrooper disguise. To get it you have to buy the 5 new VOTC figures and mail in for him. There are already reports of people buying the figures, taking out the redemption stickers, and returning them to the stores.

If you're buying these figures to get the Lucas figure, make sure you inspect them very carefully.

There are two versions out. On one, the clamshell is taped. On the other, it's heat sealed. Oddly enough, both have been reported opened and had the stickers removed. Although it's easier to tell on the heat sealed.

Don't you just love these ********
  15. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Geez, if we didn't have enough trouble with the people working in the stores never putting out figures except to sell them for over-priced deal's now we have to worry about this too? Got to love our fellow fans... :(
  16. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    Jeeze, not fellow fans but someone who is greedy willing to do anything to make a buck on Ebay.
  17. Jango11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    For anyone in the St Charles area, the Target in O'Fallon and Mid-Rivers have the Demise of Greivous and Skirmish in the Senate. The one on Cave Springs/Muegge road-reset last week-and is empty. Just an FYI :)
  18. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    Fox News Did a writeup on the George Stormtrooper actionfigue. Picture included.
    Click Here for the article.
  19. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Medic, or anyone wanting a SideShow figure...a friend of mine sent me this link... looks like they have the figures at the same price. *shrugs* It is worth a shoot if you want that Obi figure. :D

Link to more SW 12" figures... Good luck!
  20. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    OMG Tu , so does this mean I ACTUALLY get one then if I order through these folks.
  21. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    It looks like Medic, but I have no real idea. You should try emailing them to find out the real status, but looking at it, you should be able to get it...
  22. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    Emailed them and this is what they said.
    What say you guys. What would you do? I really want one. But I cannot get 2 as even on credt I cant. I have never sold on Evilbay either even if I were to get 2. Since I am on the wait "wait list" @ Sideshow since they sold out before I could get one.
    Thanks guys as I am not sure what to do.

AFX - Action Figure Xpress

Sorry but again we cannot guarantee this. We would hate to see you lose your chance if you were allotted one from Sideshow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 12:40 AM
    To: AFX - Action Figure Xpress
    Subject: RE: Obi Wan Figure

The reason I am asking is I would gladly take myself off the "wait list" there if you could get me one.
    That is why I am asking.

AFX - Action Figure Xpress <sales@shopafx.com> wrote:

Hi, while we cannot guarantee stock, we do expect to have enough to fill all orders, but again we cannot guarantee this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: Medic Me!!!!!!!!!! Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 12:37 AM
    To: sales@shopafx.com
    Subject: Obi Wan Figure

HI
    I am interested in the Obi Wan 12 inch Figure you have listed for $49.99.
    Item #: 2117
    I went to the site that makes them and they are sold out. A friend gave me this link. If I order through you will i really get a figure or will I be placed on a "wait list" for any extras. I really would love to get this figure but want to know my chances of actually receiving one.
    Thanks
    a hopeful new customer.
    Lynn
  23. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    Eh Okay I ordered my figure. I hope it comes, cancelled mine with Sideshow since I will be out of town during June at times. I hope it works out.
    I will let you know.
  24. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
  25. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Master

star 3
    Way too cool!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.