Action Figure Variation's Thread

Discussion in 'Bloomington, IN' started by lukesky27, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I figured that we should start a variation's thread for those people who seek these things. We discussed some at the last meeting and there are others popping up since then. Kenner needs to make their money you know.

Latest: 12in Boba Fett VOTC has been spotted without the proper helmet paint. It is an unpainted helmet variation. Good luck with that one.

Dennis
  2. Jedi_Master_Casey Jedi Master

star 1
    i remember u saying last meeting dennis that there is a varation on the glod leader figure. If i remember correctally you said that the ammo clips on his legs should have two and thte varation is the figure with only 1. i"ve looked at stores and at the figure i have and all i have seen is one. i think i might have hurd you wrong.
  3. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    If Eric and I got that backwards, I am sorry. I believe that the variation has two instead of the one that most have. Sorry about that and I hope that you heard us right and we were wrong.

Dennis
  4. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Battlefront figure from EB...there are three different cards...they all have to do with the top of the card. There is a printed version"not for resale", sticker covering print and a clean card. More later

Dennis
  5. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    More on the Battlefront Scout Trooper...word is that there is a clean and dirty version of the figure. The clean version is making it rounds and is the common one...come across a dirty one...pay the extra for it.

Dennis
  6. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    not sure if this is a variant ,But I just notice that my OTC Greedo doesn't have a Alliance or a Empire symbol on the upper left coroner of the card.
  7. Jedi_Master_Casey Jedi Master

star 1
    i think the ones like that(i.e. greedo, tusken raiders, jawas) wont have that because they don't have a connection to either.
  8. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    NEW BOBA FETT ERROR!
    On the VOTC ROTJ BOBA FETT, there is an error you might want to look out for...he is missing the emblem on his shoulder pad. Going for big bucks on EBAY already...so if you are lucky enough to own one already, you might want to check the left shoulder for the emblem.

Dennis
  9. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Also discovered a variant with the VOTC R2-D2 on ROTJ card. Some have the compartment cover on the front of the figure already on the figure and some come with the compartment cover not on. Weird!!

Dennis
  10. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    More on the VOTC Boba Fett variant...

The one on EBAY is now at $158.50 and still has 20 hours to go. WOW!!!!!!

Dennis
  11. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    There are several variations that I am seeing on EBAY with the OTC figures. They mostly have to do with tape placement and weapon holders. They are all kind of lame...but, there is the Gamorrean Guard, Lando Skiff and Leia Slave Girl variants that I have seen.
    People are making money on EBAY with these things with no idea on which one is the short packaged one whatsoever. My advice, don't bite on these until there is some sort of consensus on which are the short runs.

Dennis
  12. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    There is a variation that no one is talking about that I noticed today while shopping for the R4-G9.
    The paint is missing on the little slit right below the dome on the front.(there are three painted on the top of the body, the thin one on top is the slit that I am talking about) I picked up about 10 of these and noticed 8 were painted the same orange/pink color and 1 was completely unpainted(picked it up) and 1 look like it had a defect on the plastic. The plastic was "melted over the slit". Left it there.
    Anyway, I was checking on EBAY and could not find a word about any painting variations. Maybe one will pop up soon.

Dennis
  13. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Wow 10 of them Dennis!
    Are you starting a astromech army?
  14. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    NO NO NO NO! I picked them up and looked at them, I did not buy them. I only bought the one that I indicated. :) What in the world would I need 10 of these things for?? Holy smokes, that would be one sissy army! HAHAHA!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.