main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Action Figure Watch

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ChromiumTHC, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    where is tall tales?

2. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    It was good times shopping yesterday, here's a rundown of what I was able to find:

Wal-Mart (Academy & Wyoming; Supercenter on Eubank): the most abundant things on the shelves in these two stores were Anakin Tatooine Attack, Padmé Coruscant Attack, and Han Solo Endor Raid. However, at the Acad&Wyo location I was able to grab a Jango Fett Slave I Pilot. I had the Toys R Us ad with me, and so got it pricematched for just $2.99, which was nice.

Target (Montgomery & Wyoming; Lomes & Hotel): Han Endor Raid clogged the shelves at these two Targets, so finding any new figures was out of the question. But they both had the new deluxe Flying Geonosian and flipping Anakin, so I picked up the former.

Toys R Us (Winrock Mall): This was the mother lode! Almost every figure on their shelves was a recent one, so I was able to grab Watto, Lott Dodd, Tusken Raider w/ Masiff, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Teemto Pagalies. And at $2.99 apiece, how could you go wrong?

Overall a pretty good day for me. The only two I was unable to find were the Clonetrooper Pilot and Ephant Mon.

3. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Went to Toys R Us the other day and they had tons of the Clonetrooper Pilot and new Destroyer Droid, as well as the "new" Yoda with Jedi Council Chair. I grabbed the first two, left the last one cause I'm not all that impressed with that figure. Still no sign of Ephant Mon...

EDIT: If you haven't yet done so, go to starwars.hasbro.com and vote for the 5th Fan Choice figure. As of this post, here are the current results:

Senator Yarua (Kashyyyk Senator): 21%
    Ben Quadinaros (Pod Racer): 12%
    Rabé: 13%
    Gen. Jan Dodonna: 31%
    Captain Antilles: 23%

I voted for Dodonna. :)

4. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    For the record, if anyone can pick up the new Exclusive Trash Compactor figure sets from Wal-Mart, I'd gladly pay them back for both. Thanks!

5. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey Chrome,

Have you found the Leia slave Unleashed yet? Is there any place to order it online?

Hope you are doing ok....

M

6. ChromiumTHC

ChromiumTHC Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    I have not as of yet seen it the slave leia unleashed.

7. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Academy Wal*Mart had a couple of the Re-released POTJ TIE Bombers this morning (in new and improved blue "Saga" packaging). No sign of any new SW figs.

They also had a bunch of the McFarlane Alien vs. Predator box sets, for those of you that might be into that.

8. MasterJedi78

MasterJedi78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    hey all check out this site to order Action figures I got a few from episode 1

http://www.cloudcity.com

9. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    Cloud City Collectibles is where I ordered my Saga Shuttle Tyderium from. I'm impressed with them so far, even though the item hasn't arrived yet. They've been good about sending order status updates.

To follow up my earlier post, Wal*Mart Eubank had a crapload of those TIE Bombers on Friday. At 29 bucks each, I think they'll be there for a while.

10. MasterJedi78

Feb 4, 2003
    Allright I was just at this Toy store Astro Zombies in nob hill and I am impressed with the Colection of toys they have for sale. A little expensive but I can tell you they dont have 500 Han Solos or Endor Rebel Soldiers.

They have good vintage toys as well as a good selection of Episode 1. TO feel in the gaps of my collection

11. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    I saw a Lama Su and a Tusken Raider with removable head today at the Wyoming/Montgomery Target. I didn't buy either of them, but it's a good sign that new figs are finally showing up.

12. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I was at the Wal*mart at Coors and I-40 last night and was going down the clearance aisle where I saw a Saga TIE Bomber....I picked it up and said to my wife "I wonder if these went on clearance?" There was a guy there who said they had not gone on clearance yet. He was trying to get the girl who was doing the clearance markdowns to mark these down as he was stating that one of the other Wal*marts had them and they had been put on clearance and some Scalper had come in and bought them all! I said G*$D@m% Scalpers....always getting the stuff before the collectors do! He laughed and we had some collecting conversation! As we parted ways he smiled and said "Happy Collecting!" Well my wife and I went on our way shopping for the next hour. Well we just finished paying for our stuff and were on our way to the doors going out of the store...when guess what? There was the guy from the Clearance aisle with 2 carts filled with the TIE Bombers! I confronted him as to why he bogarted them all and he was clearly embarassed! I told him he needed to sell me one and he without hesitation did! $13.00! I am going to keep a eye out for this guy as I am convinced he is a scalper!

13. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    If anyone is looking for anything....let me know as I go out on a toy hunt 2 or 3 times per week!

Jess

14. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    That's a shame. He apparently made it over to Wal*Mart at Cottonwood, too. I'm glad you were there to "give him the business." I suppose there's a chance that he has a lot of SW fans for friends, or that the Bomber is his favorite ship and he wanted a fleet, but it's more likely that he is a scalper. I wonder if TIE Bombers from the Albuquerque area will start showing up on ebay? Then we'll know.

15. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    well that totally stinks...

as for Toy Hunts if anyone sees a Vader Unleashed please let me know. I asked the guy at the COmic Stop to look out for it and its really the only one I want at the moment... I am not the serious collector here but I know what I want and I want Vader!! hehehe.. well and I need a Lumiari as well. I saw one last night but someone wouldn't let me take their only one-people are so picky when you ask to have their toys....:D

anyways... Gecko Fett if you want to do a toy hunt with the group I am pretty sure you will find some willing fellow hunters. I have been in toy stores the past few weekends and everything is starting to look the same to me....

16. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I hate when scalpers do that!!

17. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Does anyone have the new Republic Gunship? If so, has anyone purchased the Clone Pilot figures with the Ball Turrets? These turrets are shown on the back of the figure card being attached to the Republic Gunship! For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to attach them without Super glueing them on!

HELP!

18. SithLordAaron

May 21, 2002
    FYI...I have my eyes on some TIE Bombers that haven't been clearanced yet. If anyone is interested in one, let me know so I can grab some cheapies when the "Falling :) Prices" hit them.

19. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    I almost bought one this week but it was too expensive. I keep finding them hidden.

20. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I have been reading online that in various parts of the country they have been put on clearance for $13-$15. It is just a matter of time!

21. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I was just out at the Belen Wal*mart and they had the LEGO's R2-D2 on clearance for $7.00 and Darth Vader and Super Battle Droid at $10.00. Also there was a Obi-Wan Spaceship for $10.00.

22. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Has anyone seen any of the new figures in stores yet? I still have not seen the SP-4 & JN-66 (Library Droids), Lama Su (With Clone Youth), Darth Tyranus (Geonosian Escape) or Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight. if someone sees them....let me know where they are at! I just want one of each for my collection!

23. MasterJedi78

Feb 4, 2003
    Last night I went to Toys r us at Winrock..

I found this awsome Leia as the Bounty hunter with han solo frozen in the carbonite.. It's cool you push the button and the carbon light up and you can see han solo.. it was awsome It was 29.99 the lady told me it would go on sale but I bought one anyway... it is awsome.

As far as the Vader Unleashed... I was fortunate to get one from the Toys r us on the westside,, There and at Kaybee toys in Cottonwood always have the unleasehed... The Toys r us also have the new 12" dolls. The Anakin with the slashing arm also it comes with his robotic Arm it's pretty neat. They also have the padame 12" doll

24. SithLordAaron

May 21, 2002
    I saw the left overs of the new figures about 3 weeks ago? Not exactly sure. I picked up the new Rebel Trooper, Imperial Officers, and the Tusken Raider. I saw the droids but wasn't impressed. Redgek has the rest of that wave, Padme, Ayala, Lama Su, and the droids. He also picked up the Dooku and Ani Speeder bikes. Keep your eyes peeled.

25. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    I want a 12" Anakin!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.