main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Action Figures and Walls

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Dagobah1234, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Does anyone keep their packaged figures on display on the walls like so : [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/collections/krause/starwars_collection.jpg]

If so, what do you use to keep them on the wall? Cork?

2. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    Yes.

Push pins.

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    OMG, is that your collection? [face_shocked]

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah, I keep mine on my wall:

pics are on my site, there is a link on my sig.

However that collection puts mine to shame.

5. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I wish that was mine. No, I found that on www.rebelscum.com

6. Dex_the_Droid

Dex_the_Droid Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    I use thick duck tape to hang mine up. They stay on much better. I also find that taping two together saves on space.

Only trouble is its real tricky getting them down and I have a feeling the value of my signed vintage carded Darth Vader has been greatly reduced.

;) :)

7. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    That's not a half bad idea. Got to try it

8. Dex_the_Droid

Dex_the_Droid Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    Nah, but seriously, never (I MEAN NEVER) stick them to the wall with bluetac!! The card soaks up the moisture from the putty and stains the card perminatly!!

NEVER STICK YOUR CARDED FIGURES TO WALLS WITH BLUETAC!!

PS: Bluetac is that sticky blue putty type stuff you get from craft/pen stores to stick posters up. Maybe you USA people call it something different, like powertac or supermegagripX.

:)

9. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    99.9% of my collection is opened so I hang the figures cards on my wall! :D

10. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    That's just how I keep my figures. I've got a few walls covered at this point. I hang them on carpenter's nails (small nails with no significant head). Most figures are light enough so that this doesn't damage the peg hook whatsoever (though, insanely, hundreds of my figures are now boxed in Star Cases).

Currently, the primary display wall I use has the figures of RotJ up (20th Anniversary tribute) organized in the order they appear in the film (Bib, Pig Guard, Jedi Luke...*). If anybody decides to do it, I'd recommend making a carefully measured grid on the wall with marking for each nail/pin before you hang the first figure. Yup, I'm a lunatic, teasing the fringes of OCD. :)

* other characters that appear before these are on other walls specific to the movies they appear first in.

11. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Pushpins. I hang the card on the push pins and have the POTF, EP I, and POTJ cads overlapping to save space. Got around 400 on the walls. Something tells me that my landlords might get irritated with me when I move and they see hundreds of little holes in there walls ;)

12. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    If you don't like poking holes into your walls, 3M has a product that has a plastic hook and a tape called "Command" adhesive. The tape sticks to the wall, but can be removed without damaging the finish/paint. I use the small "decorator" hooks for my action figures. They've been stuck on the wall for over a year, and they haven't fallen off. The "decorator" hooks come 15 to a pack. They also have bigger hooks that are supposed to hold up to 1/2 pound that I use for my Unleashed carded figs, they've been holding up pretty well too.
    You can pick up the 3M Command line of products at Target next time you go hunting for figs and come up empty-handed.

One note - the instructions say not to hang anything on the hook for an hour after you stick them on your wall. I suggest that you follow this instruction. I impatiently hung an Unleashed fig prematurely, and it fell off.

13. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Not a bad idea. But for those with several hundred figures (myself not included), that could get expensive.

14. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    that I use for my Unleashed carded figs

You realize the Unleashed figs look 100x better loose...don't you? ;)

15. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, it is true it could get expensive using the Command Adhesive hooks (about $3-4 for 15) if you're covering all your walls with your figs. But I have shelves and posters on the walls of my Star Wars room, so I use the figs as space filler. I like the fact that you can remove them without any damage to the walls, so if I want to remove my figs and put something else there, I won't have to deal with a bunch of holes.
    ..and yes, I know the unleashed figs look better unpackaged. I have a couple of them displayed that way.

16. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I hang mine on the wall with push pins.

[image=http://starwars.ziggythecat.net/images/wall1.jpg][image=http://starwars.ziggythecat.net/images/wall2.jpg]
    [image=http://starwars.ziggythecat.net/images/wall4.jpg][image=http://starwars.ziggythecat.net/images/wall3.jpg]

I've almost run out of wall space. Reminds me that I need to update my pics on my site.

My Collection Pages

17. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I have all my stuff on shelves, which doesn't hold that many figs and takes up way too much space.

18. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I've considered pegboard in a small area of my room as I generally save most of my wall space for posters, prints, etc. But I have a 1-1/2 year old with a little bit too much free reign in the house. As it is, most everything in my bonus room is at least three feet off the floor unless it's inside a display of some kind.

19. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    my solution: sticky walls like you can buy at craft stores

20. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I hang several of mine on my wall with push-pins. They're hanging around all four walls of my room near the ceiling forming a border. It looks quite impressive, IMO. One wall is dedicated to the POTF2 line, another to TPM, the third to POTJ, and the fourth to the Saga line. Now, not all of my carded figures are in this display.....I have more than I can fit up there. But someday, I'm going to build this room when I have my own home that I will dedicate entirely to my SW collection. I'll have glass cases lining this room filled with carded figures, my 12" figures, and a lot of other stuff that I have.

;)

21. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    good for you, PM. That's how I started, a border looks great. Now I've got 1.5 rooms totally dedicated to the collection. It's like a meditation chamber, I can look in any direction and see part of my collection that I love.

22. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Wow, you have any pics of your collection?

23. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Wow, and I thought I was the only crazy one who hung figures on my walls, people always comment when they come over, we have one entire room in our house dedicated to star wars, ofcourse the collection has now gotten bigger than the room, so I just took everything down, it will be moved to a bigger room soon :) It always makes me so happy to see them all, and that way I can enjoy them without taking them all out of the original packaging, belive me I open some of them, they are just too much fun to leave all sealed up!

24. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I have mine opened and displayed on shelves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.