FF:NZ Action Figures discussionthread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, Jul 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Coming in May!

UC1267 Narsil

Officially Licensed Adult Collectible Reproduction

With over 100 million copies sold in over 40 languages, millions have grown up with The Lord of the Rings, the classic epic tale considered by millions to be the greatest fantasy-adventure story ever told. J.R.R. Tolkien's phenomenal epic trilogy chronicles the struggle between good and evil for possession of a magical ring. The book trilogy, named the most popular book of the 20th Century, is the motion picture event of the 21st Century. The Lord of the Rings is presented in a trilogy of feature films from New Line Cinema, beginning with the blockbuster The Fellowship of the Ring, and continuing with the 2nd film, The Two Towers, to be released December 2002. A work of sheer invention on a staggering scale, The Lord of the Rings takes us back to Middle-earth, an era that predates written history, where humans share the world with immortal elves, powerful wizards, and industrious dwarves.

United¨ Cutlery, the industry leader in movie knife reproductions has been awarded the license to reproduce swords from all three films. United¨ has meticulously reproduced the actual prop swords using only the finest grade materials and craftsmanship of the highest quality. Each sword is presented with a wood wall plaque and a certificate of authenticity.

United¨ Cutlery's next adult collectible reproduction sword featured in the Lord of the Rings films is Narsilª, the mighty sword of King Elendil. Narsilª is perhaps the most famous sword in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. At the end of the second age of Middle-earth, Narsil blade was shattered as Elendil fell during the Last Alliance of Elves and Men in the great battle against Sauron. Isuldur, Elendil's son, then used the broken hilt of Narsilª to cut the One Ring from Sauron's finger, breaking the bonds of his power, banishing his evil shadow into the darkness. Features include antique silver plated metal handle parts with 24-K gold plated fittings and genuine leather-wrapped grip. Engraved on the pommel are runes in the Elven language of Sindarin that say ÒNarsil is my name, a mighty sword; Telchar made me in Nogrod

©2002 New Line Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of The Ring and the characters and the places therein, ª The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises under license to New Line Productions, Inc. All rights reserved.

¥ 1/4" thick tempered stainless steel blade
    ¥ Solid metal hand guards and pommel
    ¥ 24-K Gold Plated Fittings
    ¥ Genuine leather-wrapped grip
    ¥ Wood display plaque with authentic design

[image=http://www.realmoffantasy.com/swords/images/UC1267%20movie%20fight.jpg] [image=http://www.realmoffantasy.com/swords/images/UC1267%20movie%20Elen_Isul.jpg]

OMG - THEY ARE MAKING THE NARSIL!!!!!

also here is a site that is selling other LOTR swords.
  2. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    now if only I could get a real lightsaber!!
  3. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I want the swords!!!

I wouldnt mind a light saber either! :)
  4. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    would it be wise to let you loose with a sword? I don't think so!!

On the plus side if ya had a light saber you could slice bread and toast it all at once!
  5. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    slice bread and toast all at once

Is not toast, cooked bread? Therefore why would anyone slice bread *and* toast? Furter more, is nt toast already sliced?

:D

GIMME A SWORD!

//looks at title of thread//

whooops! Shouldn't have posted those replies about swords in this thread.

MY BAD.

EDIT = Bah to your edit Graal. :p

6. Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I found and bought an Elrond figure today. Very good quality. His cape/cloak thing is a little hard to put on and balance, though.
  7. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, I'm going to the Warehouse tonight.
  8. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    dammit couldnt find one. :(
  9. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I don't think the "Warehouse" has them yet Chans!

Mum is gonna put all the new wave on lay-by for B/Day / X-mas.

10. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Nope, not the Warehouse. JP-30 and someone else I know in Wellington found the three new LotR figures at ToyWorld branches - the fourth seems to be MIA.
  11. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

I just got the new Chewbacca - Cloud City figure. It comes with the pieces of the blown apart C-3PO and net/backpack. According to the pack when you put C-3PO's head onto his body his eyes light up - haven't tried it yet though. :)
  12. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, that figure is neat.The new han isnt much different to the one in the 25th anniversary set.
  13. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hoping mine come in the post today
  14. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Got me a Jango the other day. $26! (his amour clips on him)

Average figure after getting LOTR figures for $18.

But Jango rules!

I think mum is gonna get the new "Orc Worrior" as she doesn;t think she put that one on layby with the rest.

15. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    i find that jango cool except for the gigantic backpack hes got my fav jango figure is sneak peak
  16. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    yea! The jet pack is HUGE. I spose to fit batteries and sounds etc in there. But I find he doesn't hold his guns very well either.

//sigh//

ah well.
  17. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    finally found a capt typho. also got the tusken female and kid, I wasnt going to but they look kinda neat.
  18. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  19. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    Does the Tusken people's head-thing come off? :D

Always wondered what they really look like.
  20. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    Wat are the unleased figures made of i wanna get one but dont want it bracking if the cat knocks it over
  21. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

I'm pretty sure they're made of the same stuff as the regular figures - they're both made by Hasbro for kids, so they're definitely not china/porcelain, but the Darth Maul one does come with those silly plastic bits lightsaber flares that probably aren't too tough.
  22. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    got me an unleashed jango, his foot pegs were loose and they kept coming out of the base when I put him and boba together. Bobas footpeg on the other hand came out of his foot, got stuck in the base. Boba has these silly pegs in his front whick slot into jangos leg (I suppose its supposed to be a display piece)
    jangos blasters are hard to fit in his hands too.
    eh, enuf complaining, he looks so cool :)

and yes, I did take him out of his packet :eek:
  23. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Yep, the Unleashed series are supposed to be the display pieces for collectors, while the normal 3 3/4" figures are the toys for playing with ... but who cares about Hasbro's ideas - just collect the figures you want and play with the figures you want. :)
  24. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    For all you collectors just noticed that starwars.com has details of 2003 action figures.

2003 figures
  25. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Yep, I read about some of those 3 3/4" figures on the Sir Steve website. :)

Geez, I hope that an EARLY prototype of the 12" Padme - the head is WAY too out of scale. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.