main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Action figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by IncomT65, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I recently bought two SW figures for about $3 each (sale) Regular prices nowadays are up to 20 euros (which is about $18) When I was a kid, an action figure was $3 or $4! Anyway, I was just wondering: what's your very first SW action figure and do you still have it (in one piece)?

Mine were Luke in Bespin Outfit and Lando (in Skiff Guard Disguise). Luke broke in half somewhere along the line, but I managed to glue him back together with some super-bacta. You can hardly see the scar ;).

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I am an adult collector and only started collecting after AOTC. The 300th Boba Fett figure was my first - saw him in the local Entertainer toy shop and had to have him. It blossomed from there.

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I believe mine was a POTF2 C-3PO. I don't still have it.

2 years after I bought it, I watched Star Wars ;)

4. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    My first in 1978 was Princess Leia who I was in Love with at the time! lol! My second was Han Solo who was my favourite character. I lost all my original figures (apart from my mail away Boba Fett) in the mid 80's though! and miss them to this day! What started me collecting again was my purchase of the new Stormtrooper in about 1998! The rest as they say is history!

5. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    When I turned 4 years old, my mom got me a POTF2 Han Solo and a Micro Machines Millenuim Falcon. Ahhhh, what a great day.

About a week later, Han had no left arm and the Falcon, well, lets just say it hit an asteroid! ;)

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    When I was really little in the mid-80s I had a Princess Leia figure and an Obi-Wan Kenobi figure from ANH. I was a strange kid (and most probably still think I'm strange), and I would make these random shoebox dioramas and have Ben and Leia's adventures in them. Ben frequently rolled Leia around in a toy wheelbarrow. The funny thing was that I had no idea what Star Wars was at the time, and little did I know that 10 years later I'd become such a dedicated fan. I really wish I still had those figures (not sure where they went) because of the fond memories associated with them. :)

7. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I too am an adult collector so I could not tell you thed first figures I got because that was way back in 1977. But I can tell you the first figures hat got me back into collecting. Han Solo and Chewbacca in the Power of the Force line II way back in December of 1995.

8. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I clearly remember my first two figures from back in the late 70's.
    It was Tatooine Luke and Ben Kenobi. I got them to use as Flash Gordon and Emperor Ming. I also got 1 or 2 mini-rigs.
    It was only after I actually watched Star Wars that I knew what I had, and then of couse I wanted more. :D

9. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    My first figures were the entire 1st wave of the POTF II line except Leia of course who was impossible to find at first.

10. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    My first figure was mail-away spirit of Obi-Wan figure form frito-lay,I got it in Febuary 1997,and I still have it! and it's still in really good shape! :D

11. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Lesse, it was in third grade, the day after I saw the ANH special edition. I had gone to Walmart with my mom and I couldn't believe my little eyes when I saw a whole aisle of POTF2 SW figs in the toy section. I wanted to get R2 and Threepio, but I couldn't find R2. So I got Luke in Stormie diguise and Threepio. I still have both of them. From there, it blossomed into a crazy obsession I have to this day.

12. Eeth_Koth_is_dead

Eeth_Koth_is_dead Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2003
    I was in second grade when I walked down the action figure isle at my local Wal-Mart, when I saw the coolest alien ever...POTF2 Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead!) I instantly wanted it, and it soon became my first Star Wars action figure, and I still have it complete to this day.

13. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I was never interested in the Vintage line as a kid, so my first Star Wars action figure purchase was a POTF2 Vader and two Stormtroopers.

14. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    My first figure was either Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker from the vintage line way back when they started the whole thing. My first vehicle/ship was an X-Wing and a Landspeeder that my Mom picked me up at a garage sale during same said time period.

15. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    If I recall, it was the vintage Luke with yellow telescoping lightsaber. As a child, I had a tendency to bite the nose off my action figures. So, we still have him, minus the lightsaber and nose. :D

16. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    I started collecting (and my SW mania ;)) after i saw TPM. After buying a bunch of bad fake actionfigs from TPM (real bad but i still have them). My first real actionfig was from the OT that i never saw around that time yet: admiral Ackbar.

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    First one I bought... Well I traded a couple Dark Force books for a Chewie and Hoth Luke. The first figure I actually paid for was POTF Slave Leia, way back in 1998.

18. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Um a potf stormtrooper I think....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.