Beyond Actions Speak. L/M. Part 2/2, Feb 23!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Nyota's Heart, Feb 20, 2013.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    by Jade eyes -- Disclaimer: Borrowing, for fun. Characters: L/M.

Genre: Romance and snark.

AN: A year after TTT, Luke is caught in a backlash type accident. What Mara does while he's immersed in bacta ... is revealing. :)

~~~~~~~

Luke had been on a recon mission to retrieve old Republic archival documents. As he was making his way to his leased transport across the hangar, a laser welding tool hit a spark and there was a tiny explosion. Bits of equpment flew everywhere. Luke was concentrating on the padd he held in his hand, communicating withSpace Control, so he deflected the debris, but belatedly.

He suffered some lacerations and a head injury and had to stay in bacta - 2-5 days, was the healers' prognosis.

Mara was onworld, about to leave again on a trading run. She didn't know why, but she hurriedly contacted her customer and said she'd be a day or so late; a friend had suffered an accident, and she would feel callous just rushing off without knowing how Luke would come out of the bacta. There was nothing life-threatening in his injuries, but the knots in her tummy wouldn't loosen.

Han smirked knowingly. Mara was as anxious as Leia, even if she tried hiding it. She glowered and paced until the Healer came and told them it looked good for Luke's recovery.

Mara was relieved. She left for her meeting and then hurried back, due to return a week after Luke emerged from treatment.

What they both discovered when they compared notes ... would prove to be most enlightening.

++++

TBC :)
    Last edited by Jade_eyes, Feb 23, 2013
  2. EmeraldJediFire Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmmmm. Do go on. (Mara's got it baaad (sings)
  3. earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One

star 6
    Archive work can be dangerous I see;)
    And it leads to Luke and Mara love?
  4. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Who can resist a Farmboy dipped in bacta? :p ;) LOL!
    Jedi_Lover, ginchy and Jade_eyes like this.
  5. mayo_durron_666 Force Ghost

star 1
    Oh I like the look of this..:D
    I wonder what notes will be compared?
    Can't wait for more!;)
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Hazel's comment made me LOL! Yep, Mara has it bad. (I'm betting Luke does, too...)
    Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. Demendora Force Ghost

star 2
    Of course Mara will not able to be away from him, knowing that he is hurt. I remember how she was worried in " New rebellion" when his x-wing exploited and he was burning alive. Though I don't think, that a man with such kind of burns and injures would be able to do something, not to mention fight.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I agree with hazel. Tag me when you post part 2!
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    I am just picturing Luke floating in a bacta tank while wearing his little whitey-tighty bacta loincloth.

I'd like an order of hot Farmboy smothered in bacta sauce. o_O Somehow that doesn't sound as tasty as I though it would.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Now that's funny JL! That's why I have her aha! moment come after he gets out =P~ ;) [:D] !!
    Gemma likes this.
  11. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    @Briannakin

Mara stopped by Luke's place and found him in the midst of packing to leave. He held a royal blue shirt. "My sister thought I'd look good in this." He commented.

Mara grinned. "She's right." Then she blushed. "Where're you off to?"

"I found a promising lead for an Academy. A place they had one long ago. Ossus ... I was going there to check it out."

"Are you cleared by the medical personnel?" Mara smirked. "Or does that matter?"

Luke laughed. "Yes, I've been cleared. I heard that you postponed your business trip until you knew I was going to ... make it."

Mara shrugged. "Yes, well, it wasn't like I was going somewhere on vacation, such as a vacation hot spot, Hapes, for instance."

Luke frowned. "I was thinking of turning this trip into a mini-vacation of sorts. When was the last time you had a vacation?"

The question was casually asked.

Mara sighed. "I don't think that word exists in my vocabulary."

Luke grinned. "Want to come along? We get along, mostly, and you have to admit, you don't actually find my company offensive ...?"

Mara laughed. "I have to admit, there are times I do enjoy seeing you. It doesn't happen often."

Her tone was teasing.

Their eyes held, jade & sapphire.

"I do have a whole bunch of vacation time built up. Most of my colleagues use theirs as it comes ..." Mara considered. "I guess a trip to Ossus wouldn't ... hurt."

They went on their trip, in separate ships. Mara went in hers, Luke on a public transport.

They did some scouting formally for good sites & looked through library archives.

They also took in a live stage performance of a top-rated comedy romance & went to a nearby beach.

Mara looked wonderful in a suit that matched her eyes.

Luke looked more than fine in his bathing outfit.

Mara asked Luke to apply sun screening lotion to her back and shoulders. Not exactly an easy thing to do yourself.

He obliged, his hands caressing her silkiness, all to the purpose of applying the lotion.

But he had to admit it felt wonderful: she was warm and satiny. His fingers stroked, perhaps more than necessary.

Mara shivered.

"Cold?"

Mara had to admit that she was not. The touch felt wonderful, electrifying.

Before Luke could think twice, he leaned over and kissed the nape of her neck.

Mara's soft sigh was all the encouragement he needed.

He wrapped her up in his embrace and turned her to face him.

The kiss they shared was a long time coming, and all the sweeter for all that.

How well their bodies melded, as if they two had been seeking and finding a half that had been missing.

By the time they left the beach, each one of them felt, and knew, they were wanted, delighted the other, and had been attracted since pretty much day one.

[face_laugh] [face_dancing]

Mara's impromptu stay had opened up the doors and cracked the barriers of mutual oblivousness.

Now, they were eager and willing to explore a relationship deeper than friendship.

And as they did, they found their hearts and minds blending and merging so that the beauty and truth of this saying held true: Love is two souls inhabiting one body.

:)

++++++

Note: Thanks all for reading. [face_love]

Thanks also, EmeraldJediFire, for being my continual L/M muse, in unexpected ways. @};- [:D]

@mayo_durron_666 [face_batting] Eagerly awaiting more So Damn Lucky [face_laugh] [face_love] !!
    Last edited by Jade_eyes, Feb 23, 2013
  12. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    This sounded like a wonderful vacation in more ways than one. ;) [face_love]
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. mayo_durron_666 Force Ghost

star 1
    Tht was beautiful! <3
    L/M just are .. Awwwww! :D
    Nice writing J_e!
    Ps: Lol, more So Damn Lucky coming..! ;) Tempted to see how long I can torture one my fav couples :p ... Poor L/M.. Hehe!
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Daw! Lovely vacation for the both of them!
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One

star 6
    Yes it happened on a beach;) A lovely place to be for a couple. Loved this viggie.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. Gemma Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I loved this - when he invited her to go with him, but I frowned when they went in separate ships. Thanks for making up for that later --- but I do want more, please.
    Nyota's Heart likes this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade