main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Active Members Revamp

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by ---Vossk---, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    It's no question that the FCJK has been on a steady decline of activity. Even so, we've had new members introduce themselves in our forums. I would like to see the FCJK return to trooping and other activities under new management if the current leadership is not exactly participating. No offense is meant, of course.
    So I'd like to ask in this thread who would be willing to do regular troopings, schedule events, sew, or anything to contribute.
    Is there anyone who has any current costumes? Any costumes you're looking for? Any ideas or events you could think to schedule?
    I'm looking forward to restoring this group to its former glory with all our new, and possibly old, members.

2. KnightFr0mOssus

KnightFr0mOssus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    Hello! I'm making my first jedi tunic and I'd love to troop.

3. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    I just finished and it looks good for my first time. I'm game for trooping whenever because I cyberschool and have a lot of free time.

4. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    Awesome! You should post some pictures if you get some time. I would love to see.
    At the moment, I'm working on a Doshan bounty hunter. I just acquired the latex mask (Unpainted D:) and a few other items. Hopefully I can get that done soon.
    I'd love to see a few more members post and I'll attempt to organize some sort of meeting for us to get to know each other and to decide on a general direction.

5. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Hi Vossk. I agree that a revamp is in order. The current leadership (elected 2 years ago in February) has not participated in a while so I think a new meeting being scheduled would be a fabulous idea.

Chase and I are still very active in costuming, but this group wasn't really active anymore so we kind of went solo with troops, etc. Sticking with the Rebel Legion and the GA 501st.

We just had our yearly troop at the Jax Zoo and are once again already planning to have it next year in November. This year we expanded that by adding to the Star Wars characters some superhero's. We'll post it here when that happens and hopefully we can generate a few more jedi, etc showing up.

We currently do not have anything to do with the upper leadership here other than the website and public relations titles that we hold. Dwight and Jeff were elected to the 2 top positions at the last election. I suppose as PR Chase would be able to organize the meeting though so I will get with him on that. I will also have him call Dwight about what is going on with him. Last I heard Jeff was considering moving a few months back and I'm not certain if that actually happened.

Either way it is excellent to see some new interest on the board. Welcome to all.

6. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    That sounds absolutely excellent. Looking forward to it.

7. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Ditto. I really look forward to any future meetings. I just tried out my costume at the star was in concert two weeks ago and it was fun walking around in that thing. I really would like to troop, but first I have to see if I can renovate my tunic.

8. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    i just made a chat group on msn for anyone who wants to bring back FCJK. http://firstcoastjediknights.groups.live.com/

9. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    Get on WLM more, Knight. I hardly ever see you on!

10. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    sorry, lol. It's cyberschool and managing my Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron clan site that has been keeping me from going on WLM.

11. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Hey. I talked to chase the other day at my Dad's work and he said the same thing about the leadership that was said before. Anyways, whenever anyone wants to have a group meet(Looks like it won't be probable in the near future) go ahead and hit me up because I'm pretty much set to costume whenever. I have everything for a Jedi tunic sans the boots and I'm getting more fabric today to make a second one(I'm trying to find Khadi/Indian homespun which is the closest type of fabric to the type they use in the movies. I heard they sell it wicked cheap at walmart). I also have my first fx lightsaber(Obi-Wan's Ep3-4) and I going to get an orange ultra saber lightsaber and also convert my fx lightsaber into an ultra saber. Also, maybe we can go and costume at Celebration 5 in Orlando come August?

12. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    I have my fabric and I plan on making a better tunic and just sowing the tabards(my old ones from my first attempt which are fine to the top a little to keep them in place to keep them from falling. In the end, I got something on clearance at Joannes on impulse rather than khadi, but it'll work for me I guess.

13. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    I bought a latex Trandoshan/Bossk mask off of Ebay that I intend to paint. I'm working on a Trandoshan bounty hunter that isn't Bossk. If I don't have the costume complete by that point I'll be a Trandoshan in a business suit.

14. jedificklin

jedificklin Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2006
    Would like to be part of your group here in jacksonville fla.
    http://ficklinm.com/STARWARS.HTML
    http://ficklinm.com/VALDOSTA.HTML
    let me know ficklin_m@yahoo.com

15. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Good, the more the better.If more people come back, then most likely the club can be revived. Anyways, I got a video showcasing my new lightsaber here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brmG9SgnmxA I'm aware the sound screwed over, I'll have to fix that. I'm also gonna get one up for my new costume when it's finished. Also, I might start making myself into an ongree if I can. I just need three fingered gloves and a mask.

16. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    I'm going to try to get my little brother to join the group. He loves Star wars too because I got him into it. He's 7 and has his own lightsaber and is my normal dueling partner.

17. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    I'm getting a new orange lightsaber from ultrasabers and I'm really excited. Also, i'd like to mention that contact has been made with Dwight, the Lawless's, Jeff, and a few others. Riqui might rejoin as well. This means that the revamp is almost complete. Now we have to plan the first meeting and possibly gather others.

18. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    That's really exciting! Hopefully everyone will start posting again and we can work something out!
    Make sure to post a vid of your Ultrasaber, I'm pretty excited to see the comparison.

19. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Wilco(will comply). I'm sure the orange will be dimmer than my rots obi saber though. Orange is their dimmest color after all.

20. Level5Reject

Level5Reject Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2010
    Hey guys i am located in Jacksonville FL as well would like to join the group and help out

21. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    Welcome to the group! We've got a Facebook group if you're interested in joining. Just search First Coast Jedi Knights. Check the boards every few days, we're likely to have a meeting soon.

22. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Hello, and welcome. It's always great to gain new members.

23. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Hello all!

I just joined the fb page...guess I jumped the gun?
    Anyway, I'm in Jacksonville, and would love to get involved! Do you guys have anything going on, or anything in the works?

24. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Hey. I saw your post on there. Welcome to the group. I'll try and talk to Vossk to see if we can get something going. Activity has been sparse lately, so we should.

25. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Not much revamping going on. Oh well. Maybe at school this year, i can find another Star Wars nerd and generate interest. I don't talk to people because I'm shy, but I've been coming out of my shell lately. Perhaps I'll find one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.