Active Members?

Discussion in 'Chattanooga, TN' started by Layren, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Mini-golf, eh? That's funny as I just played that last Saturday (for the first time in years!). Anyway, we played at a place called Sir Goony's on Brainerd Road (I think most everyone here knows where that is). There IS a place near my house called Winner's Circle (on 2A in Ft Oglethorpe). I never played mini-golf there, though... just the arcade. Looks ok, but it doesn't have all the standard mini-golf structures imbedded within the course. In other words... no dinosaurs and stuff). I need to look at it closer because all i can remember is a compact little course that may just be standard putting (no obsticles). I'll look tonight.
  2. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok, guys, I have a problem with Sept 21st. And since we aren't interested in watching a movie on our first meeting (so we can socialize), then can we move it to, say, Sept 23rd? That makes it a Thursday, which still avoids the other problems. How's that? Sir Gooneys is going to be way better than the Winner's Circle thing, though they could have some decent paintball there (they used to anyway). But maybe shooting at each other isn't the best way to socialize our first time either....hehehe...
    Don't we have to announce our meeting in some way for it to count officially? Does anyone know what we need to do for that once we have the date firm?
  3. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sir Goony's does have paintball. Been meaning to try that...

Anyway, I'm ok with that Thursday. Our first few inital meetings would probably be better if they were in a more social setting anyway. I don't know if anyone's lurking here to where they would just "show up" at a meeting w/o posting, but in case they would, I doubt they'd want to go to someone's house.

As far as announcing it, all we need to do is send a meesage to our regeional rep. Back in March, I wrote her (Minacia Brightstar of the Hotlanta Rebels) to let her know about our first meeting and here was her reply. I contacted Minacia Brightstar about what we did on Saturday and here is the reply:

"It is terrific that you guys have had your first meeting!

However, for a meeting to count toward your official total, it must be announced on the FanForce website. I have asked folks to do this before, but I think that detail got lost in all the planning, which has happened to other groups before.

All you need to do to get your meeting announced on the FanForce website is to contact me several days in advance of the meeting with details such as meeting day, time, location, and the e-mail of a person interested folks can contact. I'll take care of getting the info up on the FanForce website. Once you have three announced meetings, your group will be an official FanForce chapter.

You guys have gotten over the biggest hurdle...just getting together and finding out that it isn't so hard to actually get together.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm here to help."

Her e-mail is minacia@fanforce.net whenever we get close enough to give her a shout. We also need to choose a person to make the announcements and be the contact person.
  4. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    I wouldn't mind being the contact, unless someone else has some experience at it and would like to vonlunteer their experienced services over my novice one.
    Vesper, thanks for the hook-up on info

Now, everyone else needs to let us know if the 23rd is good and we'll be set for a fun night of goofy golf. Did we want to eat during our night out as well?
  5. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    I would be happy to be the Rep to contact her as well. :) SO are we set for the 23rd then ? :D That'll be my 21 month wedding anniversary :D I'll bring the hubby along if he wants to come ;) we both enjoy mini golf.

That works for me too and Sir Goony's as the place? I agree that we need to be more social in our first few meetings ;)
  6. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    OK, we need to start thinking of a name for our Chattanooga Fanforce group--how does Chattooine sound? Any other suggestions?
  7. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Chattoine! I like that! hehehhee. THat's cute :D nice play off Tatooine there :D
  8. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    yeah, I thought it was pretty cool too. I'm sure we could come up with more, if we apply ourselves. We'd need more than just Chattooine. something like
    CHATTOOINE: Tri-State Alliance/Uprising, or
    CHATTOOINE: Rogue Lookouts
    or something cool
    any suggestions???
  9. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    The Chattoine Rebels? Hrm.. or does that sound more like the rebels newspaper than a Fanforce group? :p Eating out together still sounds like a good plan to me as long as it's pretty cheap or maybe we could go out for ice cream afterward. There's a baskin robbins around here somewhere and a Ben and Jerry's downtown ...
  10. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    ***Wipes eyes after a long time away from this board.***

When did SW fans start posting here? I'm glad to see someone trying to start something in Chatt town. Me and some buddies tried it over a year ago but it kind of spluttered.

Am I reading things right? Sept. 21 is your meeting?
  11. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Southernjedi? THE Southernjedi? Where ya been, boy? LOL. Yeah, it seems I was a little late in finding this board when you tried to start up the FanForce awhile back. We're on attepmt #2b now. We tried earlier this year and actually had a meeting (but you can read the history). Anyway, yeah.. SEPT 23rd at Sir Goony's will be our first official meeting (time TBD). Hope you can make it. I think between all of us, we'll have an awesome group!
  12. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I like Chattooine. I also agree we need something else to go with it. Atlanta is the Hotlanta Rebels, so I'm not sure we should use "Rebels", though. I'll have to think on this....

If anyone else can think up some names, that would be great. We have a few meetings to get through before we can submit a name, but why wait until then? It would be cool to have a name thought up so we could also work on our logo. I know, I know... getting ahead of ourselves are we? I don't know. I can't think of a better way to get everyone involved.
  13. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Vesper! How's it going?
    Sept 23. Yeay!
    I'm gonna try my darndest to be there.
  14. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Possible names:
    The Chatt Town Alliance
    The Mountain Brigade
    One from two years ago we considered: Sith City

I think it'd be cool to incorporate something that's unique about Chattanooga in the name (Sith City vs. Scenic City; or something about mountains, Lookouts etc)
  15. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Lookout, Sir. Droids! :p Hehehheeh sorry just popped in my head.

How about The Chattoine Mountain Brigade that's kind of neat. Even if it is a little lengthy.
  16. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    The Chattoine Mountain Brigade
    Yeah, something like that has a reference both to Chattanooga and Star Wars.
  17. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    Chattoine Mountain Brigade---hhmmmmm...I like!
    God to see you SouthernJedi!
  18. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks! Good to see you too, Sarka. :)
  19. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Should we advertise around town that we're meeting somewhere or just keep it to ourselves for now until we make everything official?

The Chattoine Mountain Brigade -- has a certain ring to it doesn't it?
  20. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Over a year ago I put up flyers at comic and gaming shops soliciting Star Wars fans to contact me about forming a Fan Force. I never heard back from anyone. :(

I think getting this thing going on a regular basis and having a name, etc. will help get more involved.
  21. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok that suits me just fine. Having a smaller group to start with so we can get to know each other well before we start advertising. Having a more active board will help to. I plan on posting a questionaire here this month to help us get to know each other a little better before our first meeting. Btw you guys who are married feel free to bring the spouses with you. I plan on bringing mine but then he's a star wars fan too lol he just doesn't post on the boards.
  22. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    Can we nail down a time for our Sir Gooney's outing? I've talked to several people who are interested, but can only give them a date so far....how's 7 sound? Since we are trying to keep the cost down, and this is only our first "event", if we put it at 7, then everyone has plenty of time to get home from work, eat, and get there. Does that sound OK to everyone, or do you want it earlier?
  23. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
  24. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    vesper old chum! what ever happened to you! you like just dissapered from the face of the pc. i think the 21st would be perfect. its a tuesday which im usually of work.
  25. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    7 is good to me. We're going to be getting back from Fall Creek Falls in the morning so we'll have the afternoon and evening free. 7:00 at Sir Gooney's on the 23rd.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.